Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

"To Kill A Mockingbird"
Posted 2004-05-18, 05:30 PM
"To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee.

I just finished this book, read it in three days, Saturday,Sunday and Tonite. Not a big reader, but didn't take to long.
------------------POSSIBLE SPOILERS------------------

------------------------------------SPOILERS AHEAD----
-------------------
------------------

I thought the book was pretty good. It started off slowly I found. The best parts where chapters 23ish to the end of the book. It ended kind of suddenly though, left room for a lot more.
The court case was done really good, and so was the part when Mr.Ewell attacked Jem and Scout.

I have atest on it tomorrow. yay, n't.

------------------------
------------
-----
----------end spoilers----------------------------

What was your take on the book???What did you like and so forth??

(only post if you actually read the book please, i want other peoples inputs.)

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-18, 05:46 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post ""To Kill A Mockingbird""
It was ok. Just goes to show how bad racism is though and how mutual hate can become of it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-18, 05:53 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "It was ok. Just goes to show how bad..."
It's an outstanding book, in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2004-05-18, 08:05 PM in reply to uncapped's post starting "It's an outstanding book, in my opinion."
It was one of the most profoundly touching and well-written books I've read in a great while. The movie was top-notch as well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Neko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNeko is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Neko

Posted 2004-05-18, 08:18 PM in reply to Neko's post starting "It was one of the most profoundly..."
Yeah, we had to watch the movie in Literature. Perfect character portrayal. Sort of how I pictured it in my mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-20, 06:29 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, we had to watch the movie in..."
Great book. One of the only books on my highschool mandatory reading list that I actually liked. The only others that I thought were any good were Ender's Game, Lord of the Flies and any of the mandatory Shakespeare.

Although, you'll be hating your life if you're ever required to read Ethan Frome, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly or Black Boy. Ethan Frome in particular will have you nearly slitting your wrists in absolute misery.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-05-20, 10:55 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Great book. One of the only books on..."
Wow, yea, I think I did pretty good on the test.

It was an excellent book, a lot of people hated it, but it was unique.

---------------------spoiler---------------------
-----------------------------spoiler
-------------------------
The book wraps around, the beggining starts off telling you something that happened to Jem, then it goes through a couple years leading up to the event and finishes off with the thing happening to Jem. The beginning wasn't as interesting as the end though.
--------------------------------------------
------------------------end spoiler
---------------------------------------

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2004-05-20, 02:55 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Wow, yea, I think I did pretty good on..."
Well no shit genius. Good books have normally a couple things in the beginning to grasp the reader's attention. The plot leads to the climax, and with many possibilities the ending HAS to be interesting/surprising.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-05-20, 05:33 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Well no shit genius. Good books have..."
Yea I know...but I dont read much. So, I'm not use to that kinda thing.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide