Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Racism and obama.
Posted 2008-11-14, 07:15 PM
So as old news pass, obama is now our president, first black president to be of the USA (or so i've heard).

Now my query is: and?

Ok so obama is a black president, now i hear dumb asses saying "AMERICA TOOK A BIG STEP FOR MAKING A BLACK PRESIDENT" bullshit.

"OBAMA 08" bullshit.

"I VOTED FOR OBAMA CAUSE HE'S A GOOD PRESIDENT" bullshit.

all the reasons i see obama was chose ware because he's "black"

Really does having a black president have that much of an impact? Do you think racism is going to end because of it?

No, when people start treating people equally, THEN america has taken a big step.

Now i hear dumb asses saying YOU'RE A RACIST.

No I'm not.

Racism isn't always 1 race baggin on another race.

Here's a few definitions of racism.

Noun.
1) Strict definition: An irrational bias towards members of a racial background. The bias can be positive (e.g. one race can prefer the company of its own race or even another) or it can be negative (e.g. one race can hate another). To qualify as racism, the bias must be irrational. That is, it cannot have a factual basis for preference.

2) Commonly intended definition(in America): A bias that white people have against blacks. ( or any other race)

3) Politically motivated definition: A justifiable reason to redistribute resources or opportunities between groups on the basis of race alone. (i'll get back on this later)

Now here are examples of said definitions

1) One is not a racist for pointing out that a blacks receives lower scores on their ACTs, SATs, GREs, LSATs and other standardized tests of academic achievement.

(1 and 2 are related)

2) One is a racist for pointing out #1 *IF* there is no reason for pointing it out other than to make black people feel inferior.

3) Racism is the reason that a 20 on the ACT should actually be considered a 25 if the test taker was black.

Now you wonder, how is this related to obama?

People are making a big fuss over a black president OBAMA THIS OBAMA IS BLACK FTW.

That's racism, obama being president isn't changing racism worth shit, period.

Before you call ME a racist, ponder this.

In America, why is it that it would be socially acceptable to have a "Black Students of America" for instance but outragious to have a Caucasian student group? Doesn't that seem racisit?

]My good friend applied to a scholarship program but was denied, not because he was underqualitied, but becaues he wasn't Islamic.Since my friend happened to be Caucasian, however, this act of racism went unnoticed.

Far as my knowledge the original (non strict) definition of racism is:
the overlying term for actions taken against a group of people because of origin or skin color.

Now here's the fun part, where supposedly america has taken a "big step" into the future for having a black president.

Practiced definition: anything a white person does which could possibly pose a hint of a threat to the feelings of an individual of another race.

when MLK JR. said that people should be judged "not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character", he didnt mean "make it easy as hell for black kids to get into college because they have a higher melonin content in their skin".

This applies to many black kids now.

If a black man talks to a white man about any subject, such as jobs, etc.

If he the black man can't get what he wants or just things aren't going his way, he pulls out the "racist card"

YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE ME A RAISE CAUSE YOU'RE RACIST.

black supremacy is acceptable today, but white opinions are legally punishable. where has justice gone.

people dont' seem to understand that, the desire to live, work, marry and mingle with one's own kind: A nearly-universal desire and virtual law of nature, often expressed as 'Birds of a feather flock together', and denied only by liberals who live and work in areas much too expensive to have any more than a token number of minorities.

Is also fucking racism.

Racism isn't about hating on a race, it's also about loving your race too -_-

all people are equal beings regardless of race.

By the voters of obama going HE'S BLACK its' already a small sign that obamas followers are racist too.

obama hasn't been a president worth shit of time, so he has plenty of time to fix this, but i assure you it won't stop.

1 man can't change the hypocritical minds of 20 fucking billion people.

Racism isn't about a person hating another race.

It's far more complicated, incompetent close minded morons, don't understand this and "justifiably" attack other races as being racists.

i for one see every human as equal, skin color isn't worth shit.

Take a black kid born in africa and raise him in the USA for 20 years, he won't talk like "ghetto's" do.

assuming he was being raised in a preppy "white kids" society.

I dont' see as racism bad nor good.

I see it as an excuse for people to have superiority over others.

Obama wont' change this, nor will anyone in the world.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2008-11-14, 07:29 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "Racism and obama."
Here's the TL;DR version via reading between the lines for everyone.

Kyeruu said:
I don't like black people, but I'm not a racist, YOU people are racists.

IE, misdirection.

Honestly, while it's true that if someone voted for Obama because he's an African American they are technically a racist, I would rather someone vote for Obama based on the fact that he's an African American than someone not vote for Obama based on the fact that he's an African American.

On the one hand, you've got people who hate a race, and on the other hand, you've got people who like a race. Both racists, but one of those groups is significantly more destructive to society than the other.

When someone is excusing their own racism by calling others racists, the problem is even worse. Your ignorance currently seems boundless.

For the record, I voted for Obama. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he's an African American. I am white, myself. The only reason I have for wanting an African American person to be president is the hope that it will inspire the young African American population of our country by letting them know that they're capable of more than they realize. When I was younger, I lived in a largely African American populated area. The general consensus every election was that "it's just another old white guy regardless of who wins," and they had no interest in the election at all. Most of them ended up as drug dealers, drop outs, teenage parents, or minimum wage workers, because they didn't think they could do anything else. There is great potential for Obama to inspire this population.

However, that was not factored into my vote at all. I voted for Obama because of his views and stances on the issues, and because I disliked McCain's views. I won't deny that there are people who voted for Obama based solely on the fact that he is an African American, but I'd bet my life on it that there are probably just as many, if not more people who chose NOT to vote for him based solely on the fact that he's an African American. Not that I know enough people to have an accurate enough sample size to prove it's the case everywhere, but I know a lot more people who voted for McCain because Obama is an African American than people who voted for Obama because he's an African American. That might just be because I live in a state full of ignorant racists like you.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2008-11-14 at 07:41 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-14, 07:35 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Here's the TL;DR version via reading..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Here's the TL;DR version via reading between the lines for everyone.

IE, misdirection.

Honestly, while it's true that if someone voted for Obama because he's black they are technically a racist, I would rather someone vote for Obama based on the fact that he's black than someone not vote for Obama based on the fact that he is black.

On the one hand, you've got people who hate a race, and on the other hand, you've got people who like a race. Both racists, but one of those groups is significantly more destructive to society than the other.

When someone is excusing their own racism by calling others racists, the problem is even worse. Your ignorance currently seems boundless.
How am I being racist? i despite both sides -_- i prefer to stay in a neutral position.

i have friends from different races -_- i don't see nor treat anyone in any matter over the race, i approach everyone the same and talk to people, before i judge them.

All i'm really stating is that you should have clear your position before you call others something >.<

Last edited by kyeruu; 2008-11-14 at 07:37 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2008-11-14, 07:42 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Here's the TL;DR version via reading..."
Just so you know, I updated my post.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-14, 07:45 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Just so you know, I updated my post."
Just so you know, i'm baggin on people who voted for obama for being black, both whites and blacks, i was being generic, please show where i was referring to one race in a postive or negative manner please.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2008-11-14, 07:57 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Just so you know, i'm baggin on people..."
kyeruu said: [Goto]
i'm baggin on people who voted for obama for being black, both whites and blacks
You're claiming that all of Obama's supporters are racists.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-14, 08:45 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Just so you know, i'm baggin on people..."
Just so you know, i'm baggin on people who voted for obama for being black, both whites and blacks, i was being generic, please show where i was referring to one race in a postive or negative manner please.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-11-15, 10:46 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You're claiming that all of Obama's..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
You're claiming that all of Obama's supporters are racists.
Isn't it obvious i'm talking about the voters who qualify these descriptions?

I'll never understand how you must specifically SAY detail by detail of what you're talking about, because people can't possibly assume that "if these descriptions aren't the reasons i voted for or etc. Then he's obviously not talking about me"

>.>

Grav said: [Goto]
Stay on topic noob.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kyeruu

Posted 2008-11-15, 11:10 AM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Isn't it obvious i'm talking about the..."
Kyeruu said:
By the voters of obama going HE'S BLACK its' already a small sign that obamas followers are racist too.
There, I made it easier for you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-11-15, 06:01 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "Just so you know, i'm baggin on people..."
You don't think Obama's accomplished enough to support his own election independent of his race? Sure, his race played a part (He probably got less votes than he would have if he was white and had a normal sounding name), but the guy's pretty fucking accomplished. He held crazy hard positions to get in Harvard and Illinois.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2009-04-24, 10:46 PM in reply to kyeruu's post "Racism and obama."
So as old news pass, obama is now our president, first black president to be of the USA (or so i've heard).

Now my query is: and?

Ok so obama is a black president, now i hear dumb asses saying "AMERICA TOOK A BIG STEP FOR MAKING A BLACK PRESIDENT" bullshit.

"OBAMA 08" bullshit.

"I VOTED FOR OBAMA CAUSE HE'S A GOOD PRESIDENT" bullshit.

all the reasons i see obama was chose ware because he's "black"

Really does having a black president have that much of an impact? Do you think racism is going to end because of it?

No, when people start treating people equally, THEN america has taken a big step.

Now i hear dumb asses saying YOU'RE A RACIST.

No I'm not.

Racism isn't always 1 race baggin on another race.

Here's a few definitions of racism.

Noun.
1) Strict definition: An irrational bias towards members of a racial background. The bias can be positive (e.g. one race can prefer the company of its own race or even another) or it can be negative (e.g. one race can hate another). To qualify as racism, the bias must be irrational. That is, it cannot have a factual basis for preference.

2) Commonly intended definition(in America): A bias that white people have against blacks. ( or any other race)

3) Politically motivated definition: A justifiable reason to redistribute resources or opportunities between groups on the basis of race alone. (i'll get back on this later)

Now here are examples of said definitions

1) One is not a racist for pointing out that a blacks receives lower scores on their ACTs, SATs, GREs, LSATs and other standardized tests of academic achievement.

(1 and 2 are related)

2) One is a racist for pointing out #1 *IF* there is no reason for pointing it out other than to make black people feel inferior.

3) Racism is the reason that a 20 on the ACT should actually be considered a 25 if the test taker was black.

Now you wonder, how is this related to obama?

People are making a big fuss over a black president OBAMA THIS OBAMA IS BLACK FTW.

That's racism, obama being president isn't changing racism worth shit, period.

Before you call ME a racist, ponder this.

In America, why is it that it would be socially acceptable to have a "Black Students of America" for instance but outragious to have a Caucasian student group? Doesn't that seem racisit?

]My good friend applied to a scholarship program but was denied, not because he was underqualitied, but becaues he wasn't Islamic.Since my friend happened to be Caucasian, however, this act of racism went unnoticed.

Far as my knowledge the original (non strict) definition of racism is:
the overlying term for actions taken against a group of people because of origin or skin color.

Now here's the fun part, where supposedly america has taken a "big step" into the future for having a black president.

Practiced definition: anything a white person does which could possibly pose a hint of a threat to the feelings of an individual of another race.

when MLK JR. said that people should be judged "not by the colour of their skin but the content of their character", he didnt mean "make it easy as hell for black kids to get into college because they have a higher melonin content in their skin".

This applies to many black kids now.

If a black man talks to a white man about any subject, such as jobs, etc.

If he the black man can't get what he wants or just things aren't going his way, he pulls out the "racist card"

YOU DON'T WANT TO GIVE ME A RAISE CAUSE YOU'RE RACIST.

black supremacy is acceptable today, but white opinions are legally punishable. where has justice gone.

people dont' seem to understand that, the desire to live, work, marry and mingle with one's own kind: A nearly-universal desire and virtual law of nature, often expressed as 'Birds of a feather flock together', and denied only by liberals who live and work in areas much too expensive to have any more than a token number of minorities.

Is also fucking racism.

Racism isn't about hating on a race, it's also about loving your race too -_-

all people are equal beings regardless of race.

obama hasn't been a president worth shit of time, so he has plenty of time to fix this, but i assure you it won't stop.

1 man can't change the hypocritical minds of 20 fucking billion people.

Racism isn't about a person hating another race.

It's far more complicated, incompetent close minded morons, don't understand this and "justifiably" attack other races as being racists.

i for one see every human as equal, skin color isn't worth shit.

Take a black kid born in africa and raise him in the USA for 20 years, he won't talk like "ghetto's" do.

assuming he was being raised in a preppy "white kids" society.

I dont' see as racism bad nor good.

I see it as an excuse for people to have superiority over others.

Obama wont' change this, nor will anyone in the world.
I agree.
Infact, it's been about 1/3 a year and he's not changed anything.
I'm still looking for an Obama picture that says "Nothing different" instead of "hope we can believe in".
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-04-25, 08:05 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I agree. Infact, it's been about 1/3 a..."
I'm pretty sure that fixing all of Bush's fuck-ups is going to take MORE than 4 months.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-04-25, 09:54 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "I'm pretty sure that fixing all of..."
Jessifer said: [Goto]
I'm pretty sure that fixing all of Bush's fuck-ups is going to take MORE than 4 months.
Yeah, but there's not point. soon as he's done I'm gettin' into office. >_>'
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-04-26, 09:51 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I agree. Infact, it's been about 1/3 a..."
Skurai said: [Goto]
I agree.
Infact, it's been about 1/3 a year and he's not changed anything.
Dumb. You are dumb.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-04-26, 07:22 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Dumb. You are dumb."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
Dumb. You are dumb.

all I was saying is nothing special happened other then a chain breaker.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-04-28, 06:48 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting ":cry: all I was saying is nothing..."
Skurai said: [Goto]

all I was saying is nothing special happened other then a chain breaker.
Closing guantanamo was nothing?
Signing a prohibition of torture is nothing?
The huge stimulus package has been nothing?
Traveling and meeting with the leaders at the G20 have been nothing?
Meeting with/and discussing the future with cubas leaders was nothing?
The banning of federal DEA raids on states that have legal medicinal marijuana has been nothing?
Renewing economic sanctions against Iran is nothing?
More recently releasing pictures and proof of the torture by the Bush Administration was nothing?
Holding the previous administration and opening the doors for prosecution was nothing?

If anything, you are nothing, all know-nothing, will never be anything with that attitude, nothing.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-04-28, 04:04 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Closing guantanamo was nothing?..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Closing guantanamo was nothing?
Signing a prohibition of torture is nothing?
The huge stimulus package has been nothing?
Traveling and meeting with the leaders at the G20 have been nothing?
Meeting with/and discussing the future with cubas leaders was nothing?
The banning of federal DEA raids on states that have legal medicinal marijuana has been nothing?
Renewing economic sanctions against Iran is nothing?
More recently releasing pictures and proof of the torture by the Bush Administration was nothing?
Holding the previous administration and opening the doors for prosecution was nothing?
That's correct.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2009-04-29, 10:15 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "That's correct."
/headdesk
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-04-29, 10:22 AM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "/headdesk"
/shotgunmouth

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V