Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

Post $28 Billion Cigarette?
Posted 2002-10-05, 02:12 AM
A 64-year old woman sued Philip Morris (the tobaco company) for $28 BILLION usd since she got lung cancer, and they hadn't "marked their cigarettes with enough warning labels". She won the case, so now she is about half as rich as Bill Gates.

Seriously, there are millions of people who have contracted lung cancer from tobaco, so why should she ALONE get that much money?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2002-10-05, 02:26 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
She prolly sucked the judges... yea why should she ALONE get that much money?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2002-10-05, 07:21 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
It's always old people that win the lottery
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-05, 08:06 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Well, that isnt exactly fair, but what can you do..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-05, 02:58 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by GravitonSurge
It's always old people that win the lottery
it does seem like it
prolly cuz they always play it...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-05, 03:10 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
ya, but damn... this is why i took law, because now i can pull shit liek that left right and centre if i look into things, i can find flaws in many things...
.....Broke the rubba, busted another all up in ya motha, so how u feel like havin another baby brotha? Wha? dont studda, ya pants hangin so low ya new baby brotha can be ya new lova!......
My Personal Website!
www.dimensionforums.com
ÖWÑëÐ
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between"CRØNîC-KîLLå" is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"

Posted 2002-10-05, 04:50 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Heh, good old law..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJamesadin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-05, 08:26 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
she alone got it cause she filed the lawsuit
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDKWicked is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DKWicked

Posted 2002-10-07, 07:58 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Thats crazy........
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-07, 07:59 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Well, let's all take up smoking and become billionares!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWiccan][V][asta enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wiccan][V][asta

Posted 2002-10-07, 08:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
lol.....If I was the judge I would have said.....Heh, you were stupid to start smoking in the first place, you get $1 from the tobacco company.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-07, 10:00 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
id get lung cancer for that much cash

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-08, 09:20 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Chruser
Seriously, there are millions of people who have contracted lung cancer from tobaco, so why should she ALONE get that much money?
Thats exatcly right, it just shows how lazy and stupid american legel systems can be at times. Shes not the only fat person that contract lung cancer cause there white trash ass diddnt read the package and are just now saying "UHHH lung CANCER? wtf is cancer and why do i have it" . In fact, they should pay the governement for being so dam stupid, and the govt. should use that money to go door to door and tell every fucking person that ciggerates are bad. And then if someone trys to sue, we can punch them really hard in the face for being stupid.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2002-10-08, 10:03 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome
id get lung cancer for that much cash
Aren't you making $4,000 a week at home depot?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2002-10-08, 12:25 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Penguin

Thats exatcly right, it just shows how lazy and stupid american legel systems can be at times. Shes not the only fat person that contract lung cancer cause there white trash ass diddnt read the package and are just now saying "UHHH lung CANCER? wtf is cancer and why do i have it" . In fact, they should pay the governement for being so dam stupid, and the govt. should use that money to go door to door and tell every fucking person that ciggerates are bad. And then if someone trys to sue, we can punch them really hard in the face for being stupid.

Agreed
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-08, 01:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
But the guys who would go around punching people in the face would have to be government employees, right? Medical benefits, dental, okay pay.. It would be an interesting job to apply for.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2002-10-08, 10:27 PM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueCube
But the guys who would go around punching people in the face would have to be government employees, right? Medical benefits, dental, okay pay.. It would be an interesting job to apply for.
i would go for that job...
and i would get metal teeth like Jaws did in MoonRaker...ohh the wonders of a dental plan
Congradulations George W. Bush!! you Defeated Afghanistan!! You recieve 5,263,772 exp. and a Mythril Plate Mail!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
drx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweendrx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

drx

Posted 2002-10-09, 06:40 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
He can bite through a padlock!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jamesadin

Posted 2002-10-09, 07:08 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Penguin

gotta dissagree penguin
i look at it this way
shes unfortunate because she got the cancer but
smart/smooth/how many other words can discribe her because she cashed in
i think she is smart i dont think a fat retard (grav) would be abl,e to pull that much money from this incident

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2002-10-09, 07:18 AM in reply to Chruser's post "$28 Billion Cigarette?"
Quote:
Originally posted by Adrenachrome

gotta dissagree penguin
i look at it this way
shes unfortunate because she got the cancer but
smart/smooth/how many other words can discribe her because she cashed in
i think she is smart i dont think a fat retard (grav) would be abl,e to pull that much money from this incident
WRONG, her lawyers were smart, ALL SHE DID WAS GOTO A LAWYERS OFFICE and say "I got cancer gimme money" a week later she has money, absolutly NO other work put into it, AT ALL!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin