Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy
Posted 2010-04-13, 05:24 PM
Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest, polygamy

By NATASHA METZLER, Associated Press Writer Natasha Metzler, Associated Press Writer – 17 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Mike Huckabee, a possible Republican presidential candidate in 2012, says the effort to allow gays and lesbians to marry is comparable to legalizing incest, polygamy and drug use.

Huckabee also told college journalists last week that gay couples should not be permitted to adopt. "Children are not puppies," he said.

Huckabee visited The College of New Jersey in Ewing, N.J., last Wednesday to speak to the Student Government Association. He also was interviewed by a campus news magazine, The Perspective, which published an article on Friday.

Huckabee told the interviewer that not every group's interests deserve to be accommodated, if their lifestyle is outside of what he called "the ideal."

"That would be like saying, well there's there are a lot of people who like to use drugs so let's go ahead and accommodate those who want to use drugs. There are some people who believe in incest, so we should accommodate them. There are people who believe in polygamy, should we accommodate them?" he said, according to a transcript of the interview.

The 2008 presidential hopeful and former Arkansas governor also said that deciding which lifestyles should be accommodated and which ones should not creates a slippery slope.

"Why do you get to choose that two men are OK but one man and three women aren't OK?" he asked.

Huckabee added that his goal isn't to tell others how to live, but that the burden of proving that a gay marriage can be successful rests with the activists in favor of changing the law.

"I don't have to prove that marriage is a man and a woman in a relationship for life," he said. "They have to prove that two men can have an equally definable relationship called marriage, and somehow that that can mean the same thing."

Since the magazine published the interview, Huckabee's remarks have attracted considerable attention on the Web.

In a statement Tuesday, Huckabee said that while he believes what people do in their private lives is their business, "I do not believe we should change the traditional definition of marriage." He also said he thought the college magazine was sensationalizing his "well-known and hardly unusual views of same-sex marriage."

In response to a 1992 questionnaire from The Associated Press, Huckabee, then a Senate candidate in Arkansas, spelled out his opposition to homosexuality, saying it was crucial that the country not "legitimize immorality."

"I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle," he wrote, in response to a question about gays in the military.

He also advocated isolating AIDS patients from the general public, saying it was necessary to confine "carriers of this plague."

As governor, Huckabee supported an Arkansas policy that prevented same-sex couples from serving as foster parents. On gay marriage, he said in an interview, "Marriage has historically never meant anything other than a man and a woman. It has never meant two men, two women, a man and his pet, or a man and a whole herd of pets."

___

Associated Press writer Kelly Kissel in Little Rock, Ark., contributed to this report.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100413/...e_gay_marriage
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2010-04-13, 07:59 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest,..."
Fuck Huckabee.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-13, 09:15 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest,..."
When did people decide that incest is wrong?

"Well, like anyone cares about f**kin' dykes!" - Governor from Southpark.

I honestly don't understand why there's laws against gay/incest, anyways... Now, as for stuff like aminal smex, that's creepy.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-13, 09:52 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "When did people decide that incest is..."
You have got to be shitting me man. Seriously, get the fuck out. Now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2010-04-14, 09:12 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "You have got to be shitting me man. ..."
Quote:
"I feel homosexuality is an aberrant, unnatural, and sinful lifestyle,"
If God created everything, and gave the choice to do whatever they wanted through free will, then he created gays/homosexuals by their own definition. I don't understand the hypocracy. The war on religion is going to happen before we know it.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2010-04-14 at 09:14 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2010-04-14, 01:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post "Huckabee likens gay marriage to incest,..."
lol republicans

lol religion
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2010-04-14, 09:07 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "You have got to be shitting me man. ..."
What'd I do? Say "I don't understand what's so bad about gay marriage"?
I'm starting to think you've got some kind of complex, and you're taking it out on me.
And about that "God"/"Freewill" thing, D3V. Ooooo, boy. I've got a nice long post for that one.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-14, 10:22 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "What'd I do? Say "I don't understand..."
I don't think he was out of line at all. You were being stupid, as usual. And you can't seem to keep your stupid outside of serious threads for some reason.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-15, 07:47 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't think he was out of line at..."
In my first post, where it says "When" it should say "Why", which should clear up a bit of that.
So, let me try again.
(Other than religious reasons, because some people actually argue against that, and appear to have proof) "Why do people think Gay/Incest is wrong?".
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-04-15, 07:53 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "In my first post, where it says "When"..."
Nope.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-15, 07:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nope."
Well, I tried. I just won't come back to this thread, then. I'll make sure to get better, Lenny sent me some tips on "posting without pissing everyone off".
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-09-13, 10:33 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Well, I tried. I just won't come back..."
It's the fact that you can't seem to reason all logical outputs before actually imputing your opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkyeruu is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kyeruu

Posted 2010-09-20, 08:11 PM in reply to kyeruu's post starting "It's the fact that you can't seem to..."
Stop pretending to be a big boy, and get your big brother a soda, okay?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-09-20, 10:49 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Stop pretending to be a big boy, and..."
Both of you stop derailing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2010-09-21, 05:01 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Both of you stop derailing."
Sorry.
What's polygamy?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2010-09-29, 08:56 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Sorry. What's polygamy?"
It's the opposite of monogamy: instead of one regular partner one is emotionally attached to, there are several.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

KagomJack

Posted 2010-09-30, 05:42 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "It's the opposite of monogamy: instead..."
KagomJack said: [Goto]
It's the opposite of monogamy: instead of one regular partner one is emotionally attached to, there are several.
Oh! poly and gamy, polygamy. I get it. I'm emotionally attached to a couple of girls... <_<
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai