Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Java Monster
Posted 2007-09-26, 08:14 AM
Anyone tried these? I just finished trying my third one, and have now tried all three flavors, and I must say, these things are awesome. They claim to have half as much caffeine as regular coffee, but drinking one feels like about 2-3 cups of coffee to me, which is strange because no other energy drinks really ever do anything for me.

The flavors are great. There isn't much difference between the three, but there is a subtle one. They don't really taste like coffee, to me; they taste more like frappacinos. They're the perfect mixture of that "coffee-like" taste and cream, packed full of all sorts of vitamins and energy blends and stuff.

I would have to say my favorite flavor was the Loca Moca. It has the smoothest and sweetest taste of them all, but it isn't too sweet. The other two move slightly closer to the taste of coffee, with that slightly bitter flavor to it. Big Black is probably my second favorite, as it's pretty close to Loca Moca as far as flavor is concerned, and then Mean Bean is probably my least favorite.

The only real downside to these that I can find is that they're on the pricy side. However, if you compare it to getting starbucks every morning, it's probably cheaper. They run at about $2.00 a pop.

If you're into energy drinks, and you like coffee, or even if you don't like coffee, check these out. They are very tasty and give you quite a boost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 08:16 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Java Monster"
I'll definately have to try them, the "AMP" Mountain Dew "energy drink" isn't working for me, anymore.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-26, 08:29 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'll definately have to try them, the..."
A mountain dew energy drink sounds a bit off to me anyway. Best off going with the real thing.

I've tried a few different types of energy drinks in the past. Bawls, of course, which is pretty good and gives me a bit of a boost, and Red Bull which is about the same for me. Neither one really gave me any spectacular energy, but they are both pretty tasty. Java Monster is the first energy drink to really give me any noticeable energy boost.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 08:30 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "A mountain dew energy drink sounds a..."
I've had bawls a long time ago before they we're popular and you had to order them on the internet from that Geeks.com website or whatever. Red Bull doesn't really give me anything noticeable, the Mountain Dew "AMP" Energy drink comes in a giant can like the rest of 'em, it's about the same to me as Bawls/RedBull.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-09-26, 08:37 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I've had bawls a long time ago before..."
Hmm, interesting.

I tried my first Jagerbomb when I went camping. It was nifty.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 09:00 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Hmm, interesting. I tried my first..."
Hah! great stuff isn't it, i've only had one, but that's all I needed to get the hint.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2007-09-26, 09:14 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Hah! great stuff isn't it, i've only..."
It wasn't as spectacular as I thought it would be, but it was nifty. I'd rather just have a shot of Jager with a can of red bull on the side myself. Mixing them didn't do anything special.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 11:25 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "It wasn't as spectacular as I thought..."
That's what I do. Just take a shot of Jager and chase it with Red Bull. It's the same thing, really.

Funny side note: I have about 40-50 alcohol bottles that me and everyone at my house has consumed on top of my fridge. Well, one night me and my drunken friend got the bright idea to pour the remains of the alcohol into 2 shot glasses. We managed to get JUST enough for 2 shots. There were TONS of different alcohol in there, I'm talking: Jager, all diff. kinds of Vodka, Captain Morgan, SoCo, Parrot Bay, Tequila, Whiskey, Rum, anything you can think of.

To top it all off, I didn't have anything for a chaser so we used two slices of bread. Holy CRAP that 1 shot hit me like a ton of bricks. I was fucked. lol.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-26, 11:33 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "That's what I do. Just take a shot of..."
That sounds nuts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-26, 12:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "That sounds nuts."
Yeah it was pretty fuckin retarded. I owned myself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-26, 01:09 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah it was pretty fuckin retarded. I..."
Lol@bread. No water around?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-26, 01:12 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Lol@bread. No water around?"
Yeah there was but I had it in my mind that I'd puke off of the water.. not the 15 different kinds of alcohol I just consumed in 1 shot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2007-09-26, 01:18 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Yeah there was but I had it in my mind..."
Hmmm.. I guess. Does holding your nose while taking a shot help? I've never tried it but you'd think it might.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda

Posted 2007-09-26, 03:36 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Hmmm.. I guess. Does holding your nose..."
I highly doubt it would..

And Jagerbombs = Hyper Drunk people. Which is not usually a good combination..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2007-09-26, 04:38 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Java Monster"
I had a Java Monster and it was pretty good, but I don't remember the flavor. I might start getting these instead of regular energy drinks to avoid the extra sugar/etc that comes with a regular one and see if I can't start losing a little weight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-09-27, 02:24 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I had a Java Monster and it was pretty..."
I want to try the C++ Monster
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2007-09-27, 07:13 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "I want to try the C++ Monster"
I think this is where I'm supposed to say something about Perl Monster or something like that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-09-28, 02:18 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think this is where I'm supposed to..."
I had a Loco Motion and it was good especially considering I despise coffee. Didn't notice anymore kick than a regular energy drink.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kaneda