Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post MF Sorcy: Reccomendations
Posted 2002-09-03, 07:13 PM
My planned build is as follows:
Max - Frozen Orb, Lightning Mastery, Thunderstorm, Warmth
10 - Static Field
3 - Energy Shield
2 - Chilling Armor
1 - Teleport, Cold Mastery
Prereqs - ChargedBolt/ Tele/ Lightning/ Nova/ ChainLit/ IceBolt/F rozenArmor/ IceBlast/ Shiver Armor/ Glacial Spike/ Blizzard

You get 99skils + 9 (act1 - 1X3 and act4 - 2X3) = 108 Right?
**Edit** You get 98 + 9 etc etc right? (You get 1 per level starting at level 2 - don't start with a skill point) So I'll probably Drop Energy Shield to 2. Or maybe drop warmth.

Any problems or reccomded changes I should make?
I plan on doing Meph runs with her, but I don't usually stick to just my intention of a char.

The gear I plan on having is:
Oculus (+3 skills and MF)
Tal's Ammy, Armor, Belt (Good MF bonus for 3 pieces. Ammy has good sorcy mods, belt and armor have good mf and mods)
War Travs (MF mods)
Ptopaz Shako (MF +1 skills)
Rhyme Troll's Nest (Resists, MF, Mana Regen)
Chance Guards *OR* Frostburn - I need help with gloves.
Unique rings for... resist if I need it, MF, anything else?

Stats are
-105 Str (104 req for rhyme trolls nest) (Already have this item, and I like the chance to block etc etc)
-??? Dex (What do I need to get this to to max my chance to block with Trolls Nest?)
150 Life (Just an estimate?)
Rest in Energy?

Thanks much to all who comment!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-09-03, 07:19 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
You also get a skill for radament.

EDIT: And shako has +2 skills

2nd Edit: I'd drop the tals and use skulders, goldwrap, and a good MF ammy, a magic ammy can have up to 50 MF.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2002-09-03 at 07:23 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-03, 07:22 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
Ahh sweet. So that makes 107 + 3 = 110.
So I can get energy shield to say.. 5.
Comments on the build? Reccomendations for stats? I'm pretty clueless as to stats actually.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-09-03, 07:24 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
Read my 2nd edit above, and check diabloii.net for a MF sorc strat, and take some stuff from it, but make it your own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2002-09-04, 05:11 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
You should max cold mastery too.
Decrease you warmth to 10 (with the items, you'll get around 17)
and static field. Put just 1 point : with items you'll get around 8, witch is sufficient.

Edit:

Oh and btw, max your dex till you get 75% (depends on your CLVL and witch shield u use. I use Whitstan's Guard, coz it has a lot of block, and with 162dex at lvl 85 i hace 75%)

Put point on strg till you can wear your stuff (you can choose to increase till you can wear the higher requirement, or just to wear the first that give you +stg till you can wear everything)

all rest in life

none on energy

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED

Last edited by User Name # 1; 2002-09-04 at 06:46 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-09-04, 05:53 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
With tal's armor(clean), belt, ammy its 190 mf.
also gives 72 mana
20 dex
50 life
ColdRes40/FireRes40/LitRes73
+2 Skills
37%dmg goes to mana
DmgReduce 15

With skullders(clean), goldwrap, 50% ammy its 203 mf.
also gives 10%ias
80%gold
+1 skills
dmg reduce 10

So..... why drop tal's stuff for skulders, goldwrap, and 50% ammy?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-09-04, 06:48 AM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
MB, read my previous, I edited it.
Don't waste points on energy !

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
User Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUser Name # 1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-09-04, 03:14 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
Ok well.. I've already got like 90 energy, 110 str, 35 dex, 80 life.
I guess I'll just save some points to put in dex when I get higher lvl. Why no points into energy? I mean.. 90 seems sufficient with my SOJs, but without them, I have to drink Manapots pretty often.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2002-09-04, 03:42 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
I meant this for pindabot or mephbot.
If you play, you may need a bit more, yes.

Tkx to Sum Yung Guy (C)
Now RETIRED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

User Name # 1

Posted 2002-09-08, 11:46 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post "MF Sorcy: Reccomendations"
ok, if i ever make a non dueling sorc, i never put any points into dex, or energy. make sure you have enough points into strength for all your possible gear, like skullders, tals, ect ect, then with all remainding points put all into vit. i usually use oculus, dual occy ring, 4 ist shield, shako, war trav, goldrap, tal ammy, skullders, and chancegaurds, thats basicly all you need, with that i found doombringer, 4 ss's, whole bunch of ballista's, shaftstop, oculus, and vamp gaze, all off meph, cow, and pindle im a nova sorc too, i own
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-=Rico-GP=- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-=Rico-GP=-