Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Top Gear Vietnam Special
Posted 2008-12-28, 06:00 AM
It's on tonight at 8 PM GMT in the UK.

"Jeremy, James and Richard have a challenge: to travel the length of Vietnam in just eight days. Yes - eight days. They have millions of Dong [Vietnamese currency] to buy suitable transport to complete the journey, but they discover it's only enough to buy two-wheeled transport."

This is going to be awesome!

When will it be aired in the U.S.?
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-28, 04:15 PM in reply to Chruser's post "Top Gear Vietnam Special"
I'm just about to watch it, so I can't tell you how awesome it is yet, but I can say, with certainty, that it won't be aired in the US until next year at the earliest. I'd imagine it might be a few months before it is.

I imagine it'll be available before that, though. If so, and I find it, I'll let you know. It might be worth getting in touch with WW - he seems to be able to view the latest episodes, and he's not in England.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-28, 05:23 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm just about to watch it, so I can't..."
Awesome was an understatement. It was epic!
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-12-28, 05:44 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Awesome was an understatement. It was..."
Damn straight. One of, if not the best episode this series.

I didn't know Vietnam was such a beautiful country, either.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-29, 01:55 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Damn straight. One of, if not the best..."
Does it count as a series episode? They didn't do the news or the star bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-12-29, 06:27 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Does it count as a series episode? ..."
The BBC Top Gear site and Wikipedia both count it as an episode. The Top Gear Magazine site doesn't, but the episode list on it may still need updating (it isn't shown at all).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-29, 10:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The BBC Top Gear site and Wikipedia..."
Just a side note, did you guys hear that there is an American version of Top Gear being made and hosted by Tanner Foust?

Also, why do we have to wait a whole year before we can watch that episode? This is the age of technology! I DEMAND it be shown in 20 minutes!!!
R.I.P
Pontiac
Jan. 1926 - Dec. 2010 est.

Check the Gallery and Scrapbook often!
[deviantArt Account!]

Spy Hard
Agent WD-40:
Quote:
Well, you carry a UB-21 Schnauzer with an OPS Silencer, that's KGB, You prefer an 18-K over an AK, Your surveillance technique is NSA, Your ID is CIA, you recieved your PHD at NYU, traded in your GTO for a BMW, you listen to CD's by REM and STP, and you'd like to see JFK in his BVDs getting down with OPP and you probably put the toilet paper back on the roll with the paper on the inside...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Draco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessDraco2003 has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Draco2003

Posted 2008-12-29, 04:44 PM in reply to Draco2003's post starting "Just a side note, did you guys hear..."
They've already done and flopped an American version of Top Gear. The world demands Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond. The year is due to licencing issues, as I hear it. Not sure how that makes any sense with Top Gear being produced by the BBC...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired