Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2012-06-29, 07:54 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Sorry if I don't have access to your..."
You're like 16... why are you drinking?

---

In my humble opinion, beers taste like shit. Not as bad as wine, or some ciders, but still awful.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-06-29, 08:22 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're like 16... why are you drinking?..."
What are you more into mixed drinks and cocktails?

If I was 16, I'd be one of the youngest going to college. Hell, I probably wouldn't even waste my time here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-06-29, 09:04 AM in reply to Wallow's post starting "What are you more into mixed drinks and..."
18, then? Still too young to drink on your side of the pond.

I'm teetotal. Don't like the taste of the alcoholic drinks, and a pint of Coke is 50p in my student bar (cheapest pint is £1.60).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-06-29, 09:19 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "18, then? Still too young to drink on..."
Mmmm cider. I wish it were more available here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-06-29, 09:39 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're like 16... why are you drinking?..."
See, I used to feel the same way. My tastes are changing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2012-06-29, 12:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "18, then? Still too young to drink on..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
18, then? Still too young to drink on your side of the pond.
A year off.

And my college is extremely lax about alcohol and pot. You could do it on campus main and not face repercussions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2012-06-29, 01:14 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "A year off. And my college is..."
Wallow, in 3.5 months you'll be 20.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-07-15, 12:11 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Wallow, in 3.5 months you'll be 20."
Sam Adams Summer Ale is the greatest beer in the world.
When that's not around I'll usually reach for Blue Moon.

For not so big breweries, I'm a big fan of Tuckerman Brewing Co. I've also had some pretty good Shipyard Brewing Co beers.

Corona is mexican piss, and Jeremy Clarkson was dead-on when he described Budweiser as "headache in a can"

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-07-15, 08:11 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Sam Adams Summer Ale is the greatest..."
Blue Moon? Really? It's like soapy water.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-18, 04:52 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Blue Moon? Really? It's like soapy..."
I'm a big fan of wheat ales

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-07-18, 06:16 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I'm a big fan of wheat ales"
You can do a lot better than Blue Moon.

For example:

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-07-18 at 06:21 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-18, 06:30 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You can do a lot better than Blue Moon...."
I'll see if I can find that at my local packie. Any other recommendations? I'm always willing to try new beers!

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-07-18, 08:35 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I'll see if I can find that at my local..."
I don't drink enough imported (from out of state) beers to give many recommendations. I suggest drinking local brews when you can.

http://greatbrewers.com/top-50/beers

That list is also probably not bad for the most part (Blue Moon is on it, lulz). I've had several of the beers listed and enjoyed most of them.

Depending on what state/region you live in I might be able to make specific recommendations.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-18, 08:40 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I don't drink enough imported (from out..."
Yah I live in Massachusetts and try to hit up regional beer festivals from time to time in order to try out new stuff. That's how I discovered the Tuckerman Brewing Company I mentioned earlier

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-07-19, 12:25 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "Yah I live in Massachusetts and try to..."
I usually prefer stouts or porters. Guinness is a good fallback, but I prefer Young's Double Chocolate Stout. My favorite as of late has been Left Hand's Milk Stout.

Rookie tip: If you're drinking a stout other than Guinness, give it a hard pour. You want lots of head from the pour, or it's going to taste wrong.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2012-07-19, 11:53 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "I usually prefer stouts or porters...."
I can do Guinness in certain situations (usually car boms), but I almost universally prefer lighter beers

KagomJack said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-07-20, 10:16 AM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I can do Guinness in certain situations..."
Two of my favorite local beers are really dark. The more drinkable of the two is BABA Black Lager.

The other is an oatmeal stout called Captain Bastard's and is basically a meal in a glass. I think my record for one sitting is three of these.

Mmmm beer
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-07-22, 02:04 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "You're like 16... why are you drinking?..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
You're like 16... why are you drinking?

---

In my humble opinion, beers taste like shit. Not as bad as wine, or some ciders, but still awful.
You ever had the Wild Blue - Blueberry Lager? That's actually pretty good, and the woodchuck although I guess that is technically a cider.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
S2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeS2 AM shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

S2 AM

Posted 2012-07-25, 04:19 AM in reply to S2 AM's post starting "You ever had the Wild Blue - Blueberry..."
Lenny, try Strongbow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-07-25, 05:15 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Lenny, try Strongbow."
Oh, I have. Foul substance. Horribly dry, with an aftertaste like vomit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny