Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

News Poster election (locked)

Posted 2009-06-17, 11:24 AM
Since both SYG and I are apparently kind of busy these days, we could use some help with making the information on the portal stay up to date. Thus, two Zelaron News Poster positions have been made available!

As a News Poster, your task is to post threads about interesting news that is primarily related to gaming and/or general technology. Ideally, you'll post at least one news article per week. The content is not required to be unique; however, it is preferred that you add at least one sentence of your own commentary to any reposted article. Remember to include a link to the source of any reposted article, too.

Sounds interesting? Then don't hesitate to apply for a position as a News Poster! You will instantly be awarded with the eternal admiration of our members! If more than two members desire to bask in this stupendous glory, a public vote will be held in a day or two.

Also, if your grammar is rubbish, I'll probably ban you for applying.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2009-06-17 at 11:27 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2009-06-17, 11:32 AM in reply to Chruser's post "News Poster election (locked)"
Why not?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-17, 02:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post "News Poster election (locked)"
Aye kan haz position????!! ibe good nooz postar plz plz
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2009-06-17, 03:39 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "Aye kan haz position????!! ibe good..."
I wouldn't mind.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2009-06-17, 03:58 PM in reply to Chruser's post "News Poster election (locked)"
I'm not applying, na-ah. But would you mind clarifying the 'powers' that a News Poster gets? I'm going to assume that it's only the ability to add it as news, right?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-06-17, 04:30 PM in reply to Chruser's post "News Poster election (locked)"
I nominate Willkillforfood
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-18, 12:22 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "I nominate Willkillforfood"
I nominate Shade.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-18, 06:48 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I nominate Shade."
Sirpullido has this in the bag, IMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:04 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "Sirpullido has this in the bag, IMO."
Nah, HECTORNUDO all the way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:08 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Nah, HECTORNUDO all the way."
I nominate The1

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:13 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I nominate The1"
So the the only useful nomination is Wallow so far?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:15 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "So the the only useful nomination is..."
How about the diabeetus guy?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:16 AM in reply to Grav's post starting "How about the diabeetus guy?"
How about Mantralord? As an admin again! Things will get done around here.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-18, 08:17 AM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "How about Mantralord? As an admin..."
I nominate myself for admin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2009-06-18, 06:23 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "I nominate myself for admin"
I Jamer123 will nominate myself as a News Poster.

Yes i do know good grammar and will use it.
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2009-06-19, 03:24 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "I Jamer123 will nominate myself as a..."
Much irony found in post above.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-06-19, 03:27 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm not applying, na-ah. But would you..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
But would you mind clarifying the 'powers' that a News Poster gets? I'm going to assume that it's only the ability to add it as news, right?

That, along with the ability to remove news entries from the portal. I may add additional portal-related privileges later if I create more hacks for it.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser