Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Election 2012?
Posted 2012-09-04, 01:37 AM
Who gets your vote?
Does it matter?

Discuss

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-09-04, 09:17 AM in reply to D3V's post "Election 2012?"
If I didn't live in a swing state and my mother wasn't so adamant about me voting, I wouldn't bother. If I was to vote I'd have to develop my own opinion on the candidates which would most likely result in me saying they're both fucking idiots.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-04, 06:14 PM in reply to D3V's post "Election 2012?"
Obama, because I am terrified of the alternative. Gosh we have a great country.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2012-09-04, 11:24 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Obama, because I am terrified of the..."
I'm in the same boat. I've educated myself a good amount about lobbying, super pacs, different corporate influences and how they sway the policies across the entire political landscape.

It's a shame it is like this. Because even once you defend one or the other, your opinion is automatically generalized and stereotyped into a group that may not necessarily be your beliefs.

What if Ron Paul went third party, hypothetically?

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-09-05, 07:08 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm in the same boat. I've educated..."
It would still be a race between Obama and Romney. Sadly people are to stupid to realize he's actually a decent pick.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-06, 12:52 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It would still be a race between Obama..."
If Obama were more liberal and lest corporatist I would be more willing to revote for him. I'm interested to hear his dnc speech tomorrow.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2012-09-07, 03:23 PM in reply to D3V's post "Election 2012?"
The election is rigged and Obama wins by default.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-09-07, 06:51 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "The election is rigged and Obama wins..."
Or more accurately, the election doesn't matter.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-07, 10:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Or more accurately, the election..."
You guys are so lame. The election does matter. The more complacent you become, the less changes we are going to see as citizens. You have to actually voice your opinion, outside of your computer screen. Calling your local, state and even federal representatives is a good step. Getting involved in groups that fight against corruption works. If you feel the system doesn't work, then do something to change it. One voice can always make a difference. The notion that your vote and voice doesn't count or matter is blasphemous.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2012-09-08, 02:25 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "You guys are so lame. The election does..."
D3V said: [Goto]
You guys are so lame. The election does matter. The more complacent you become, the less changes we are going to see as citizens. You have to actually voice your opinion, outside of your computer screen. Calling your local, state and even federal representatives is a good step. Getting involved in groups that fight against corruption works. If you feel the system doesn't work, then do something to change it. One voice can always make a difference. The notion that your vote and voice doesn't count or matter is blasphemous.
You are delusional. As long as it's a two party system and a third party has no chance of winning, the election is pointless. They use the divide to keep us divided and distracted while they are all in bed with each other behind the scenes. Neither party is going to elect someone that is going to do any good for us, they are just going to elect someone who will maintain the status quo.

Perhaps if the system were changed then the election would matter, but as it is right now all the election decides is which direction we get fucked from.

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2012-09-08 at 02:27 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-08, 07:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "You are delusional. As long as it's a..."
It used to be the case that English politics was essentially a two-horse race, with the Lib Dems, our third party, getting around 5% of the vote in the general elections.

Last time round, however, they got a lot of votes from people who were disillusioned with the Labour government but didn't particularly want the Tories in (and the Tories also gained some of that vote). The election ended with no clear winner, so the Tories and Lib Dems formed a coalition. Everyone thought it would be great, and people were going wild that the third party was actually involved!

And boy, have they made a right pigs ear of things. It's so bad that Conservative ministers are being booed at public events, whilst the last Labour Prime Minister, who was pretty much hated by the country in the run up to the election, has been getting cheers when he turns up to things (entire Olympic stadiums have been cheering him, for example.

Politics is weird. Personally, I quite like the status quo. You may be getting fucked, but at least it's at a consistent level. You get someone in who wants change, and you get fucked more, until it hits a point where you're tired of getting fucked, reminisce about the times when the fucking was softer and more caring, and vote the guys in who want to return to the status quo.

As brilliant as change is, it's a fact that everything has to get worse before it gets better, and no-one can live with that.

---

And if my "two cents" matter, from this side of the pond, Obama looks like the better candidate. I may be swayed by his appeal to the youth, but I'd much rather have a guy who personally does an AMA on Reddit than one who buys a hashtag. Technology is the way forward, and Obama understands it far better than Romney (or, at least, his campaign managers understand it far better than Romney's campaign managers).

EDIT: Also:

BORKED

Last edited by Lenny; 2012-09-08 at 07:08 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-09-08, 07:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It used to be the case that English..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Politics is weird. Personally, I quite like the status quo. You may be getting fucked, but at least it's at a consistent level.
Pretty much, yeah. And changing the status quo will certainly make things worse in the short run, which is, as you say, an unfortunately reality that most people cannot swallow.

If anyone really believes that Romney or Obama will seriously change anything, though, they are delusional. They might make changes that seem big on the surface, but even that is unlikely and is ultimately just another distraction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-09, 12:25 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It used to be the case that English..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
And if my "two cents" matter, from this side of the pond, Obama looks like the better candidate. I may be swayed by his appeal to the youth, but I'd much rather have a guy who personally does an AMA on Reddit than one who buys a hashtag. Technology is the way forward, and Obama understands it far better than Romney (or, at least, his campaign managers understand it far better than Romney's campaign managers).
This pretty much sums up my inputs on any political discussion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-10, 05:27 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "This pretty much sums up my inputs on..."
I'm voting Obama.

If you're unsure of your choice, try isidewith.com

Takes your stance on a variety of issues, and how important those issues are to you, to decide which candidate best represents your views.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-09-10, 06:43 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I'm voting Obama. If you're unsure..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-09-11, 10:41 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://i.imgur.com/psoiF.jpg"
Since I can't seem to upload this without it getting messed up, deal with the stretching:
EDIT: Wtf..... Why. I deleted that and uploaded a new one. I give up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-09-11, 11:34 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Since I can't seem to upload this..."
Looks like I'll be voting for Gary Johnson then.

My dad votes straight Republican every election.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garyjohnson2012.jpg (493.2 KB, 7 views)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2012-09-12, 05:33 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "Looks like I'll be voting for Gary..."
I was mid 90% Obama, and low 90% Jill Stein.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2012-09-13, 07:59 PM in reply to JRwakebord's post starting "I was mid 90% Obama, and low 90% Jill..."
Well looks like the pic is now fixed.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin