Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Post What would you change?
Posted 2003-07-28, 01:15 PM
All these threads about God got me thinking.

I do believe in God but, If someone could prove to me and the world without a reasonable dout that God did not exsist and that there was nothing after death, What would I change about my life?

I've thought on this pretty well, and i dont think I would change anything.
Now i would make sure that i tried alot harder to do the things i want, but i wouldn't go around doing "evil" acts just because there would be no consequences in the end.

What would you change? if anything.
Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know, a pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence. Gotta get me some of that.
-Stewie (family guy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:22 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Read the bible, it's proof enough that the Christian god doesn't exist.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:24 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
OMFG , the post isn't about if GOd exsist or not, I asked those who do believe what they would change, how bout you go Flame in the thread relative to your fucking statement
Yes, I rather like this God fellow. He's very theatrical, you know, a pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence. Gotta get me some of that.
-Stewie (family guy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRandomThought is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:26 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
0mg, meany.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:33 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
RandomThought said:
I do believe in God but, If someone could prove to me and the world without a reasonable dout that God did not exist
I believe that is what Adrena was trying to get across, chill out next time.

What would I change? Well, nothing other than acting on certain situations differently than I did in the past. Basically relationship mistakes that I did to screw up a good thing I had.

Trait and characteristic wise, nothing. Family and friend wise, nothing. Drunk mistakes... yeah, I think the those two words basically answer that one...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:34 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Sorry but, i posted it to be serious and to see what others wuold change if it were proven that God doesn't exsist, I didnt ask if you believe in God nor did I ask anyone to prove or disprove it. There are enough Threads like that already.
Thanks
-Stewie (family guy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:37 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
But, Adrena I have a idea. just pretend that for your entire life you had believed and worshiped a God in hopes of eternal life in heaven and then one day someone proved that everything that you had done and everything that you didn't do was for nothing, it wasn't real, what would you change?
-Stewie (family guy)

Last edited by RandomThought; 2003-07-28 at 01:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:39 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
No double posting (like it matters). But... I'm not sure what were are changing... ourselves? things in the world?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Eddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenEddie_Perez is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:40 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Don't double post. Use the edit button.

I think he was stating that since he doesn't believe in God, and already doesn't believe in an after life, he is doing everything he wanted to do already, hence, he would change nothing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:42 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Hmmm I don't believe in any type of God, so I wouldn't change anything.
How about ..... adding if there wasn't any authority? then we might get some really cool answers
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:43 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
If there was no authority, this world would be a damn crazy one, and one which I wouldn't want to live in.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:43 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Titusfied said:
Don't double post. Use the edit button.

I think he was stating that since he doesn't believe in God, and already doesn't believe in an after life, he is doing everything he wanted to do already, hence, he would change nothing.
If thats what he was trying to say why didn't he just say it, not go off saying the bible disproves God and all that shit, if he would have just said that he didn't believe then that wouldn't have been going against what the thread was created for.

but no problem as long as it hits the topic again.

Ya i guess some of the more extreme religions would probably like go crazy and kill everyone
-Stewie (family guy)

Last edited by RandomThought; 2003-07-28 at 01:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:45 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Very good Titus,

Titusfied said:
If there was no authority, this world would be a damn crazy one, and one which I wouldn't want to live in.
Now answer teh Question there must be some thing you would love to do, but don't because there is consequences.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:46 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Hey pal, don't shoot the fucking messenger. I was merely insinuating that is what he could have meant, not that is what he did mean. He's a Sup Mod, I'm sure he knows what the rules are, and wouldn't intentionally break it.

Now, you should get back on topic and maybe respond to some of the other posts that have been made.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:48 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Im pretty religious, i dont go to church, but i watch what i say about god because if there is a heaven which i think there is, then i want to go, better safe, then sorry...
What would i change???

Hmm i would probablly punch my friend in the face, he is sooo religious he talks about god like most of the day and if i found out that hes not real and he was just making me listen to his crap then i would hit him really... really... hard...

I would be more carful about dieing... And other things because life is a beautiful thing, and definitly not a thing to waste...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
slaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzslaynish enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

slaynish

Posted 2003-07-28, 01:51 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
0nyx said:
Now answer teh Question there must be some thing you would love to do, but don't because there is consequences.
I've really thought about it and I can't come up with anything. It maybe because i'm not as strict on what I follow as some.
-Stewie (family guy)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RandomThought

Posted 2003-07-28, 02:11 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
Hmm, well, there is anything I would change off the top of my head if there was no authority, but I'm sure there would be things I would do. Of course, back in the day, illicit drugs would have been priority #1, but now, probably just shit like riding on the beach with my jeep, drinking next a bon fire with all my friends while the sun sets and shit like that.

Pretty much, all harmless stuff that I would enjoy, but for stupid reasons, can't get away with now. Like I said, if everyone could get away with anything, I would not want to live on this Earth though, so thank God for laws, ethics, codes of conduct, etc. etc. etc.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-07-28, 05:50 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
I would do more shit that people say that I shouldn't
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
ViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenViciousMilitia is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

ViciousMilitia

Posted 2003-07-28, 05:57 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
10 Commandments down the toilet? Hmmmm... what to do... what to do...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Eddie_Perez

Posted 2003-07-28, 08:11 PM in reply to RandomThought's post "What would you change?"
If I truly believed that there was no God, then there would be no purpose behind living at all. If nothing created us then there is no such thing as right or wrong, there is no such thing as love or hate. If there is no human soul, then emotions are nothing more than a series of random, unreasonable neural transmissions with no real weight or relevance attached to their existance. If we weren't created by something, then we are an accident. If we are an accident, then there's no reason why I shouldn't stop typing right this second and delete the most annoying accidents I've encountered recently.

Example: I'm at work, and a man in one of our rooms just called down to the front desk and asked for a wake up call. When I answered the phone, he referred to me as "ma'am." Now, if there is no God, then there is no real meaning to the ideas of "wrong" or "right". If God doesn't exist, then those polar extremes are fabrications of the human collective unconscious, and they have no real meaning. If we're an accident, then so is everything we've created. That includes the ideas of wrong and right.

So, what's stopping me from walking up to that man's room and killing him right this second? Because I know it's wrong. It may not be the Christian God that is looking down upon us, but something created us. If not, then what is the point of clinging to life in any way, shape or form?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel