Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

$hit i was hacked
Posted 2004-08-07, 10:40 AM
Idk how but i left for 2 hours and when i came back all my good stuff was picked off my 91 zon and no one knows my password. This morning when i go to battle.net it says unable to connect. I know if someone is using my key then it will say key in use. Am i the only one with this message and anyone know how to fix it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
40calpal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between40calpal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

40calpal

Posted 2004-08-07, 10:55 AM in reply to 40calpal's post "$hit i was hacked"
Damn i was looking in my windows folder and htere was a text file with my 2 cd keys on it. I know thats not supposed to be there. In the 4 years i played this game off and on i know i've never seen anything like that
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
40calpal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between40calpal is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

40calpal

Posted 2004-08-07, 11:08 AM in reply to 40calpal's post starting "Damn i was looking in my windows folder..."
first of all dont double post use the EDIT button and second of all..that sucks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-07, 11:37 AM in reply to tokill.ace's post starting "first of all dont double post use the..."
Sorry, i registered my product and know the time when i was hacked. If i email blizzard would they rollback my account for me? and allow me to use my key again?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

40calpal

Posted 2004-08-07, 11:38 AM in reply to 40calpal's post starting "Sorry, i registered my product and know..."
no they wont rollback but u can try
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentokill.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tokill.ace

Posted 2004-08-07, 05:57 PM in reply to 40calpal's post "$hit i was hacked"
The 'Unable to Connect to Battle.net' is usually an IP Ban, that can last up to 48 hours. If you still receive that, your next option is to try to change your IP or call Blizzard's Tech Support about it.

I'm sorry you got hacked, that does suck. I would double/triple-check for trojans, and/or possibly reformat and rebuild the computer...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 06:25 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The 'Unable to Connect to Battle.net'..."
what realm are you on. east west? sc/hc? ladder/nl?...i could help you get back on your feet (if we're on the same realm)
What is this!?! A center for ants!?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
supaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweensupaflip_69 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

supaflip_69

Posted 2004-08-07, 06:28 PM in reply to 40calpal's post "$hit i was hacked"
Yeah that sucks man bloody hackers I also recently got hacked on yahoo it sucked some dumbass changed my profile and junk.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
gendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweengendark01 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

gendark01

Posted 2004-08-07, 06:46 PM in reply to gendark01's post starting "Yeah that sucks man :( bloody hackers I..."
hey i'm on USeast. Ladder, sc i'm gonna try to change my IP adress. I'm on a cable modem so its a little tricky. I wanted to see if anyone had another cd key available. Although i hate sounding like a beggar

Last edited by 40calpal; 2004-08-07 at 06:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

40calpal

Posted 2004-08-07, 08:09 PM in reply to 40calpal's post starting "hey i'm on USeast. Ladder, sc i'm gonna..."
The exchange of CDKeys is prohibited on Zelaron, so asking here is not the best idea.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:10 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "The exchange of CDKeys is prohibited on..."
hey one last question, i know its off topic, but i've tried changing my ip address using ipconfig /release and /renew in the command prompt. and disabling and enabling but it won't give me a new one. I have a cable modem so it doesn't give me a new one every time i connect like dial-up. Anyone know how to change an ip address without contacting u'r isp?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

40calpal

Posted 2004-08-07, 09:59 PM in reply to 40calpal's post starting "hey one last question, i know its off..."
I know this will sometimes work for DSL, not sure about Cable, but here you go:

You'll need to disconnect the coax coming in from outside from your modem, and leave off for 15-30 mins, to give the ISP's server time to clear your MAC address from it. After that, reconnect and renew.

I'm behind a router/firewall, so I can switch from DHCP to a static IP in the same range and be ok, but I'm usually too lazy and just wait it out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-08-07, 10:04 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I know this will sometimes work for..."
Changing your IP won't help... odds are the trojan will just email/contact (somehow) the trojan'er and you'll be taking it in the A either way.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-08-07, 10:07 PM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "Changing your IP won't help... odds are..."
He was talking about the IP ban...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Vollstrecker