Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Botd bow question
Posted 2004-07-04, 10:11 AM
Does the random 6 socket bow that im going to use need to be good already or will that really matter?
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:14 AM in reply to zagggon's post "Botd bow question"
zagggon said:
Does the random 6 socket bow that im going to use need to be good already or will that really matter?
i woulnt think so but id go crusader or hydra if u could.. but any would work..
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:20 AM in reply to Joka69's post starting "i woulnt think so but id go crusader or..."
Yeah but if you pick a better bow you can get faster, or more damage I believe.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:22 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Yeah but if you pick a better bow you..."
I need to hear from somebody who actually knows.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:25 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "I need to hear from somebody who..."
lol u sayin we stupid? lol

it wont matter but if u want more ias get a faster bow...
like hydra = fast
crusader = damage
`~Working in the Mortuary Affairs field isn't so bad. It pays for my 2009 Scion tC, so I can't complain.~`
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Joka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJoka69 enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Joka69

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:29 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "I need to hear from somebody who..."
Okay if you go with a Hydra or Crusader Bow, which are the bows with the highest damage. They both have the same speed, being fast. Gothic Bows, Long War Bows, Long Siege Bows, and Long Battle Bows are the other bows you can get with 6 sockets. However they all do less damage. Hydra does 10-68 and Crusader does 15-63 so those are your choices.

Or you can go with a crossbow. Either a Colossus Crossbow, Balista, Heavy Crossbow, which can all have 6 sockets. The Colossus Crossbow does the most damage at 32-91 and has a very slow attack speed. But will give you the most damage of any botd bow.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?

Last edited by MightyJoe; 2004-07-04 at 10:35 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-07-04, 10:57 AM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Okay if you go with a Hydra or Crusader..."
ok thx fellas i got me a crusader
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

zagggon

Posted 2004-07-04, 11:15 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "ok thx fellas i got me a crusader"
It sucks that Grand Matron and Matriarchal Bows can only have max of 5, because those have a tiny bit more damage, and you can have +3 to bow and crossbow skills. Oh well.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2004-07-04, 01:11 PM in reply to Joka69's post starting "lol u sayin we stupid? :( lol it..."
Joka69 said:
lol u sayin we stupid? lol

it wont matter but if u want more ias get a faster bow...
like hydra = fast
crusader = damage
that is the other way around ....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-07-05, 12:57 AM in reply to Death's post starting "that is the other way around ...."
Death said:
that is the other way around ....
..... Hydra > crusader
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
blckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenblckshdwdragon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

blckshdwdragon

Posted 2004-07-05, 01:32 AM in reply to zagggon's post starting "ok thx fellas i got me a crusader"
zagggon said:
ok thx fellas i got me a crusader
heh

If you'd have waited until I got home, I have a 15% Sup. Crusader Bow sitting on a mule, I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2004-07-05, 03:07 AM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "heh If you'd have waited until I got..."
ow yeah , side note:
if its a bow , socket on a lvl 1 amazon
if its axe / sword lvl 1 baba , my m8 got 39x without superior and 41x with one
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Death is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDeath is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Death

Posted 2004-07-05, 04:31 AM in reply to Death's post starting "ow yeah , side note: if its a bow ,..."
i made a botd CB with my lvl 89 firesorc
--> not superiour --> 393% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2004-07-05, 04:50 AM in reply to celaron's post starting "i made a botd CB with my lvl 89..."
I didn't know the Lvl of the character would play any role at all in making a runeword.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V