Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Laptop selection..
Posted 2010-01-09, 06:55 PM
Ok, So, when I started AIT in Arizona, I wanted a laptop bad. So, I went to bestbuy and found one that was $600.00 and snatched it up. Problem is, it doesnt perform how I want it to, I don't think I know enough about the way computers work to correctly purchase a gaming laptop, without spending $3000.00 on alienware.

I understand that you want a fast processor, with a decent amount of RAM and a video card that isnt generic..

Where can I find out what new processor's, or video cards are out, so I can make a smarter decision next time I buy a laptop.

The laptop would mainly be used for World of Warcraft and Warhammer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-09, 08:00 PM in reply to Kazilla's post "Laptop selection.."
well alienware does have one for 1400 bucks ... ill link you to it http://www.dell.com/content/products...=us&l=en&s=dhs
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-10, 12:13 AM in reply to jamer123's post starting "well alienware does have one for 1400..."
If I had to guess, I'd say that one is probably decent for WoW and WAR, though I haven't looked at computer hardware in quite some time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-01-10, 10:26 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "If I had to guess, I'd say that one is..."
it has all new stuff for it ... even has the new i7 in it ... i think
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-10, 12:27 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "it has all new stuff for it ... even..."
At $1400, it has an i5.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2010-01-10, 01:01 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "At $1400, it has an i5."
ah ok
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-10, 04:08 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "ah ok"
whats an i5? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-11, 03:05 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "whats an i5? lol :("
its one of the really good processors for laptops ... its a must for gaming
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123

Posted 2010-01-12, 05:00 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "its one of the really good processors..."
What does it equate to in Ghz?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-01-13, 04:08 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "What does it equate to in Ghz?"
well ghz doesnt matter now because my computer is a 2.8 ghz and its not powerful .... i do play grand theft auto san andreas on it ..... but the i5 in the alienware should be over clocked allready
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

jamer123