Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Songs I'm Working On (6 string acoustic)
Posted 2009-05-22, 02:58 PM
I'm getting my new 6 string today, but I've been practicing a bit on my 12 string with the extra octave removed, so it's essentially the same.

These are all of the songs I've either begun learning or plan to start learning very soon. The first one I'm going to learn to play completely is "I've Just Seen a Face" by The Beatles. Most likely, the next one will be either "Blackbird" by The Beatles or "Nutshell" by Alice in Chains. "My Immortal (acoustic)" by Evanescence might squeeze in before them. "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin is definitely going to be the last one, as it's the most difficult. I might even find other songs to learn first. All I know is I plan to learn it relatively soon.

BORKED
BORKED
BORKED
BORKED
BORKED
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-22, 03:02 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post "Songs I'm Working On (6 string acoustic)"
BORKED

Forgot this one.

BORKED
BORKED
BORKED

Forgot all of these as well. These aren't immediately planned, but they're definitely on my list. Also, I'd like to learn "Pigs On The Wing" by Pink Floyd, but that's probably going to be a while.

BORKED

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2009-05-22 at 03:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-22, 03:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "http://www.youtube.com/v/nIHP9o6X6D8 ..."
How about you make videos of you playing complete songs
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2009-05-22, 03:11 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "How about you make videos of you..."
I'm planning on it. Not only will I be playing them, but I'll most likely be singing them as well. The only one so far that I don't think I'd be able to really sing is My Immortal, because her voice is the bomb and I couldn't hit half the notes she does. Most likely, I'll find a pretty thing to sing along with the music as I play.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-22, 03:36 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm planning on it. Not only will I be..."
By the way, if any of you have any cool ideas for songs for me to learn, let me know. You should be able to tell by what I've posted so far what kinda stuff I'm into, but I'm also willing to diversify if the songs are good enough. Try to keep it relatively simple.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-24, 09:24 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "By the way, if any of you have any cool..."
If your hands are quick enough, give Snow by the Red Hot Chili Peppers a try. Otherwise, Bubble Toes by Jack Johnson is a fun one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-05-27, 11:56 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "If your hands are quick enough, give..."
New ideas:

BORKED

BORKED

I can't stand Daughtry or his song, but the song is simple enough that I can't help but learn it just to know it.

BORKED

I just like this song, would be cool to be able to play it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-27, 02:05 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "New ideas: ..."
If you wanted to learn some cool/easy riffs (not sure of your genre favoritism) but Blink 182 is full of easy ass chords/rhythms. Just look it up, you'll see what i'm talking about. Nirvana is also super super easy on almost any song they have.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-05-29, 11:43 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "If you wanted to learn some cool/easy..."
Well yesterday I went home able to play all but the chorus of "Hurt" and something that resembles "Nutshell." By the end of the night, I'd learned how to play "A Horse With No Name" by America, "Bubbly" by Colbie Caillet (great song to use on chicks), and most of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica (the main 10-15 seconds or so of guitar that just repeats for most of the song.)

Last edited by !King_Amazon!; 2009-06-12 at 12:52 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-05-29, 12:03 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Well yesterday I went home able to play..."
I'm wondering if this might be something you'll like to learn:

BORKED
Vincent (Starry Starry Night) - Don McLean

Just change "Vincent" to "Sara".
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-05-29, 12:34 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I'm wondering if this might be..."
I'll definitely add it to the list, I like it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-06-02, 12:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'll definitely add it to the list, I..."
BORKED

Add this one to the list. It's stupidly easy to play, I'll be playing it tonight.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!