Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2007-07-11, 04:52 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I don't particularly care for their..."
I think it's just JK Rowling is a good author and how the scense flow together it's easy to read and not hard to keep up at all..., but to me,.. the whole concept is stupid..

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-11, 04:54 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think it's just JK Rowling is a good..."
D3V said:
I think it's just JK Rowling is a good author and how the scense flow together, I think the whole concept is stupid myself, though.
There's a few very interesting things in the books, but as I said, I don't care for her depiction of magic, it's catered to children though.

Children like fantasy where magic is doable by almost anyone, since it implies they would be able to do it too. I simply prefer the D&D style of approach, where it's a difficult art to learn, perform, and inherently dangerous.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-18, 12:23 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I think it's just JK Rowling is a good..."
D3V said:
I think it's just JK Rowling is a good author and how the scense flow together it's easy to read and not hard to keep up at all..., but to me,.. the whole concept is stupid..
Just because you dislike it does not mean that the entire book is childish. You say you go see Incredibles and Finding Nemo in the theaters (and enjoy them) and then procede to call Harry Potter gay/childish. I know you won't bother to read the whole series but they get darker and darker as the series goes on. I believe the books have both adult/childish aspects in them with the adult aspects becoming more common the further you read into the books (makes sense because harry is maturing right? lolol) There is plenty of death and destruction further on in the books if you bother to read. I'm not going to call you retarded for arguing that Harry Potter is gay after reading one book... but don't start bashing it just because in your opinion the book does not have a very good concept. Sorry if your maturity level is beyond such things as cartoons and fantasy.

I like KA, have grown up with HP for like 8ish years and I started in junior high when MJ introduced me to the first book so naturally I'm a pretty big fanatic. I gaurentee you there are SHIT TONS of people age 15+ that buy that book due to the fact that the series started so long ago.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-18, 01:07 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Just because you dislike it does not..."
True... I've read them all. I read the first book when it first hit shelves and naturally I just continued on with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2007-07-18, 02:02 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "Just because you dislike it does not..."
I'm just making a point, you can pick anything adult-like out of pretty much anything, as well as call anything in the world, childish. I'm just saying the whole wizadry fantasy doesn't appeal to me, whatsoever. But you guys can go on reading them if you're into the series enough...

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2007-07-18, 04:48 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm just making a point, you can pick..."
To each his own.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
timmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentimmay1113 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

timmay1113

Posted 2007-07-19, 03:48 PM in reply to timmay1113's post starting "To each his own."
Wooooop wooop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop woop... and so on and so forth. Going to see HP5 at the IMAX tomorrow.

And just to carry on the conversation above at JK being a good writer and whatnot... personally, I don't think she's a good writer, as such, but rather her plots are rather good, she can pull off a wicked cliffhanger, and the books as a whole are satisfying.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2007-07-20, 06:01 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wooooop wooop woop woop woop woop woop..."
I'll speak honestly on the movie, as I just saw HP5 Wednesday evening.

The movie was pretty bad. It felt like the new director wouldn't let people play their character at all, I was BORED through the entire movie. Many events were inserted in the wrong places, I don't even remember a few things ever happening, half the movie was repeating the phrase "a storm is coming", and most of the Order of the Pheonix wasn't even introduced, as well as a few characters not even put in the movie.

The best aspect of the movie in my eyes is that they did an excellent job with Looney Lovegood, I was afraid they'd screw her up by looking at her pictures on the promos, her eyes were too sharp.

I enjoyed the box of Bertie Botts' Every Flavor Beans that Abby's Dad bought more than the movie, and I even ate a Soap one.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2007-07-20, 06:02 PM in reply to Vollstrecker's post starting "I'll speak honestly on the movie, as I..."
Was hermione looking as smashing as usual?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign