Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Google has turned out the lights!
Posted 2008-03-29, 12:34 AM

Lights Out Looks Cool!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:44 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Google has turned out the lights!"
Ooops. I left my computer and fan running.

Damn me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-03-29, 12:51 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "Google has turned out the lights!"
My computer is my room light.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...onPics/WW1.jpg

Last edited by WetWired; 2008-03-29 at 01:15 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-29, 01:07 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "My computer is my room light. ..."
I thought I was going crazy
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2008-03-29, 01:34 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "My computer is my room light. ..."
WetWired said:
My computer is my room light.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...onPics/WW1.jpg
What's with the old monitor WW?

I remember you stating that you had 4 monitors, there are only 4 in the picture. Why don't you take a picture that has all of the monitors in it?

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-03-29, 06:42 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "What's with the old monitor WW? I..."
He has four at work, I believe.

---

Google looks nice in black.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:13 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "He has four at work, I believe. ---..."
it does! but why the change?
When my time comes, I want to be burried face down. That way, anyone that doesn't like me, can kiss my ass!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
talentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to betalentedhamster seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

talentedhamster

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:23 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "What's with the old monitor WW? I..."
I have four monitors at work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:40 AM in reply to talentedhamster's post starting "it does! but why the change?"
http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earthhour/

Quote:
Google users in the United Kingdom will notice today that we "turned the lights out" on the Google.co.uk homepage as a gesture to raise awareness of a worldwide energy conservation effort called Earth Hour. As to why we don't do this permanently - it saves no energy; modern displays use the same amount of power regardless of what they display. However, you can do something to reduce the energy consumption of your home PC by joining the Climate Savers Computing Initiative.
Obviously Google.com will talk about the US, rather than the UK, but it's the same regardless (saying that, the European Googles don't seem to have turned off their lights. But then again, I wouldn't expect that of the Italians... though I would of the Germans).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 08:57 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earth..."
So.. . Using a black background is suposed to save massive ammounts of electricity? Or is this a joke?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 09:19 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "So.. . Using a black background is..."
Using the black background makes no difference - as it says in the quote, monitors use the same amount of power regardless of what they're displaying.

It's what the black backgrouns signifies that's important. Google have made the Google homepage black to raise awareness of Earth Hour, an hour (8pm to 9pm local time) in which everyone turns off their lights. The whole Earth Hour campaign is about reducing energy consumed, and carbon footprints.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 09:23 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Using the black background makes no..."
maybe now people will stop buying 700W PSUs for their computers

nah
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2008-03-29, 09:41 AM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "maybe now people will stop buying 700W..."
Not a chance! How on earth will someone power a 9800 GX2 with a poxy 700W PSU?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 10:09 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Using the black background makes no..."
Lenny said:
Using the black background makes no difference - as it says in the quote, monitors use the same amount of power regardless of what they're displaying.

It's what the black backgrouns signifies that's important. Google have made the Google homepage black to raise awareness of Earth Hour, an hour (8pm to 9pm local time) in which everyone turns off their lights. The whole Earth Hour campaign is about reducing energy consumed, and carbon footprints.
Well. I turn off my lights, sure. Everynight for 7-9 hours straight, then! Get this my lights are off all day the following day! IT'S DAYTIME! Besides I am not hanging around the house. I am working. I am out earning money so I can pay as much as I fucking want for electricity. If I don't want to sit in the dark while I have shit to do.

Also you should probobly know that I have atleast 23 light bulbs in and around my house. Every single last one of them is as energy effecient as possible. I think more than half of them are only 13 watts, some are as high as 23 watts.

I supose my point is that most people don't want to pay any more than they have to for electricity, but if I wanna just rock out and run around my house all weekend wet and naked and blasting some Iron Maiden, Van Halen, or Rick Roll with all the motherfucking lights, tv's, computers, with the microwave on the fridge open and the damn shower running, flushing the toilet over and over again, the whole time missinging the song, I should damn well be able to do so if I choose.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 10:46 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Well. I turn off my lights, sure. ..."
Don't worry, Adrenachrome, no-one is infringing on your rights to 'rock out'.

Nor is anyone forcing you to do it. It's not the American way to force someone into something they don't want to do. Rather, the Earth Hour is an event to raise awareness, and is purely voluntary.

Out of interest, do you kick up as much fuss on other days... dress like a pirate day, for example?

"NO! I refuse to be a pirate! If I want to do things out of the goodness of my heart for people, with a nice, posh accent, in a private yacht kitted out with the latest luxuries, in my sailing jacket and tweed, then I should damn well be able to do so if I choose!"?

Last edited by Lenny; 2008-03-29 at 10:50 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2008-03-29, 11:11 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Don't worry, Adrenachrome, no-one is..."
I was being facetious.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2008-03-29, 11:49 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Don't worry, Adrenachrome, no-one is..."
Lenny said:
Nor is anyone forcing you to do it. It's not the American way to force someone into something they don't want to do.
Haha, you smeggy bloke.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav