Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Why not die?
Posted 2004-09-12, 04:51 PM
Do you fear death? Why? Why not just die. Answer the question, be clear and concise, or I will castrate you.

I don't fear death. I fear but one thing. No, not fear itself, I flip fear the finger in all cases but one. The only thing I am afraid of is not living... I fear being a slave of to others stereotypes, ideals, and commands... I refuse to live in a state in which I do not make my own decisions. If I want to do something, I am going to do it... If I don't want to, I am not going to do it.

I fear not living.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-12, 04:57 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Why not die?"
i fear not having a good video card
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:01 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "i fear not having a good video card"
Yeah... It's okay... we all have major problems.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:10 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Yeah... It's okay... we all have major..."
"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."
"I never said I was frightened of dying."

Pink Floyd, The Great Gig In The Sky (Album: The Dark Side of the Moon)

Last edited by NonGayMan; 2004-09-12 at 05:53 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:13 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post "Why not die?"
I find no reason to fear death. Death is only apart of life and will come anytime it wishes. It could be in 5 seconds, tomorrow, or even in 30 years. You honestly can't predict it. I only fear for the people I care about. I am afraid of something happening to them. I am afraid that I won't be able to help them, that I won't be able to make them happy. Other than that, I really don't fear anything (well, almost anything. I have an aerophobia)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:38 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting ""And I am not frightened of dying, any..."
NonGayMan said:
"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."
"I never said I was frightened of dying."

Pink Floyd, The Gig In The Sky (Album: The Dark Side of the Moon)
Quite odd, that's the song that inspired this thread! Wanna make e-babies?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:51 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Quite odd, that's the song that..."
Penny_Bags said:
Quite odd, that's the song that inspired this thread! Wanna make e-babies?
That's odd. I thought that was the song that inspired this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-12, 05:58 PM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I find no reason to fear death. Death..."
KagomJack said:
I find no reason to fear death. Death is only apart of life and will come anytime it wishes. It could be in 5 seconds, tomorrow, or even in 30 years. You honestly can't predict it. I only fear for the people I care about. I am afraid of something happening to them. I am afraid that I won't be able to help them, that I won't be able to make them happy. Other than that, I really don't fear anything (well, almost anything. I have an aerophobia)
So you fear death in the sense that other people will mourn over you... sensible, honorable... I have thought about that one... but then I decided that it was a superiority complex, and that the people I associate myself are smart people and will not mourn my death for longer than is neccesary.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:08 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "So you fear death in the sense that..."
I would never fear something as inevitable as death. Who wouldn't want to sleep forever? I love sleep.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:13 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "So you fear death in the sense that..."
I dont fear death. I fear the day im not willing to give up my life for others. I can say right now that i would give up my life for someone else, but alas i have never been in the situation. The day im not able to do that, in my mind, is the day I die.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:13 PM in reply to zeal311's post starting "I would never fear something as..."
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:36 PM in reply to wilma's post starting "I dont fear death. I fear the day im..."
wilma said:
I dont fear death. I fear the day im not willing to give up my life for others. I can say right now that i would give up my life for someone else, but alas i have never been in the situation. The day im not able to do that, in my mind, is the day I die.
Sounds almost like a fanatical inferiority complex of a man who is hell bent on the ideal that life should be full of suffering and you should just except it. Quite hell fire and brimstone sounding when you think about it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:43 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Sounds almost like a fanatical..."
Fuck you guys, I'm deathly scared of death. I hate the idea of me not being able to think, exist,...be. I don't care if I was a fucking vegetable, I would still like the ability to think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:49 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Sounds almost like a fanatical..."
no i wrote the first on wrong i guess. Thats not wat i meant. Its more that i'm willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good, but i will avoid at all costs. If the situation does arise and i have a gun pointed at me, im not gonna pull the trigger for him just cuz death is inevidable.

Im not a no fun tightwad (i have done many stupid things) and i wouldnt throw my life away.

Yah incase that makes any more sense. Dont get the wrong impression Life Has been awesome good so far and i cant complain but living isnt living if u got someone elses blood on ur hands just cuz u pussied out

Last edited by wilma; 2004-09-12 at 07:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
wilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenwilma is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

wilma

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:49 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Fuck you guys, I'm deathly scared of..."
mjordan2nd said:
Fuck you guys, I'm deathly scared of death. I hate the idea of me not being able to think, exist,...be. I don't care if I was a fucking vegetable, I would still like the ability to think.
But.. you could be over the hills and far away, or maybe on the dark side of the moon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:53 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post starting "Fuck you guys, I'm deathly scared of..."
As you guys may have figured out by now, I am pretty religious in my beliefs and what-not. So the main thing i fear is hell, and man i fear it with every nerve in my body. Even if you don't believe in the bible, you still fear hell. It's a place that no-one can describe how evil it is, eternal suffering, thinking you're in heaven, wishing to die, but death won't come. I too fear death... right now, I suppose when I'm older I will understand that when it happens, it happens, but I've only lived a little bit of my life, and so far, it's been kick-ass. And worse than dying, i fear dying alone, with no friends or family.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
w00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenw00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

w00t.ace

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:55 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "But.. you could be over the hills and..."
I really don't fear death it going to happen to me someday, hopefully not until I am old and do everything I want. But if I am going to die, then so be it. I don't fear what I can't control.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-09-12, 07:59 PM in reply to w00t.ace's post starting "As you guys may have figured out by..."
w00t.ace said:
As you guys may have figured out by now, I am pretty religious in my beliefs and what-not. So the main thing i fear is hell, and man i fear it with every nerve in my body. Even if you don't believe in the bible, you still fear hell. It's a place that no-one can describe how evil it is, eternal suffering, thinking you're in heaven, wishing to die, but death won't come. I too fear death... right now, I suppose when I'm older I will understand that when it happens, it happens, but I've only lived a little bit of my life, and so far, it's been kick-ass. And worse than dying, i fear dying alone, with no friends or family.
I've never found the time to read the Bible, but does it state that Hell is a bad place?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

NonGayMan

Posted 2004-09-12, 08:07 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I've never found the time to read the..."
Are you serious or is that sarcastic, if it is, try using the tags that I just found out how to use. And if you're serious then why yes it does state hell is a bad place, and that it's not just a state of mind like heaven, it's a place. In some places, it's also known as

FRANCE. (I crack myself up)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
w00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenw00t.ace is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

w00t.ace

Posted 2004-09-12, 08:07 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post starting "I've never found the time to read the..."
Why don't I die? Because I haven't completed my job yet.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav