Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Need For Speed Underground
Posted 2003-11-26, 01:04 PM
I'm not real big on racing games in general, but this one is pretty sweet. Anyone else here play it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-11-26, 02:14 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Yeah I actully bought this game when it first came out at the Frys near me. I have been playing for a while now, not sure how far I am right now but I think around 50/111 or something (The progress bar). The customization is great, Every couple races I customize my car different. Sometimes its blue / aqua kinda cool/cold look, other times I just like black and dark blue or red. Everytime I unlock new visuals I customize a new car around it.

The actual performance upgrades are fine, I expected maybe a bit more customization there but its still good. There are a couple races now that even on easy I have to play more then 3 times (Mostly just the last man standing and circuit ones). The drag races are easy and fun, I like how they set that up. The skidding one (cant think of name off hand, im at school) is the easiest to rack up huge points and its always easy to win. Im great at that skidding thing.

The graphics are great on my geforce 4 ti 4800, with everything set to max. I tried that speed blur like 2 days after I started playing the game because I read that it was pretty cool, but I cant get used to that. No slowdowns on my comp with everything max and I only have 256 ram with 2.0ghz proc.

Hey WW, how bout a few screenshots of your car? =] Ill post some when I get home tonight. Anyone else who plays, feel free to post screenshots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-11-26, 04:10 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Is it all courses(like grand turismo) or is it open city(like Midnight Club 2) I would like to know, cause that tells me if it is worth it or not cause i own Midnight Club 2 and it is the bomb digadi.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2003-11-26, 10:29 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
It's courses, not open.

I call it a ricer simulation.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-28, 09:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Rurouni Storm said:
It's courses, not open.

I call it a ricer simulation.
Pretty much. At least there are performance upgrades and not just BS, though.

Edit: 
My cars:

Underground mode (I'm only up to race 11 on underground mode)

Quick race.

Last edited by WetWired; 2003-11-28 at 09:30 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-12-23, 09:11 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
My god this is a freaking sweet game on a 128MB DDR ATI 9600 video card and a 2.4ghz cpu with 1024mb of DDR ram!!
Best racing game I've ever played when it comes to graphics!!! Blur mode rockerz my sockerz!!

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!

Last edited by Majere; 2003-12-26 at 06:43 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2003-12-23, 09:45 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Gah i lent my cd to a friend and he has yet to return it... -.-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPenguin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Penguin

Posted 2003-12-24, 01:39 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
oh yeah need for speed is hella badass i still claim that all race games such as the illustrius Grand Turismo 1 2 3 and soon to be 4 (best racing game of all times) should remain on PS2
Killed by use:
Tobacco 340,000 - 395,000
Alcohol (excluding crime/accidents) > 125,000
O.D. (illegal) 3,800 - 5,200
Marijuana 0
now which drug should be illegal??
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Larloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLarloch is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Larloch

Posted 2003-12-24, 10:06 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
I hate that its only for ps, I really would love to play GT on my puter :/

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2003-12-24, 11:19 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Majere said:
My god this is a freaking sweet game on a 128MB DDR ATI 9600 video card and a 2.4ghz cpu with 1024mb of DDR ram!!
Best racing game I've ever played when it comes to graphics!!!
i thought u just said u had it on your computer? and penguin also said earlier that he had it on his computer, but i might get this game cuz my cousin said it had multiplayer too
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2003-12-24, 03:16 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for ps2 is better.. the pc version of Need for speed might be good but the one for ps2 looks cheesey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DE-Kris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDE-Kris is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DE-Kris

Posted 2003-12-24, 03:25 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
If Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 is anything at all like the original one for Dreamcast, then I seriously hope you were joking with that statement.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-24, 07:57 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
yea you can play it online too

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2003-12-26, 12:44 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
Just download the emulator or w/e
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
LiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenLiveWire is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

LiveWire

Posted 2003-12-27, 12:31 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
It has superb music.
I use to be a shoe shinner now I sip Aunt Jamima, I go to sleep in Europe and wake back up in China. CLUB 977 The 80's Channel!!!!! -winamp radio is heaven on earth
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzagggon is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zagggon

Posted 2003-12-27, 06:46 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
if anyone plays this game online drop me a line i love this game! its graphics and gameplay are way better than any other game ever!
pm if u wanna play online...
and if u can.. someone please answer me how do u get lvl 3 nitro and level 3 parts unlocked for quick race mode?
The most important word in the english dictionary is - WHY
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
immortal_king is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenimmortal_king is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

immortal_king

Posted 2003-12-28, 08:30 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
damn stuck at race 84

This is the car I got atm:

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2003-12-28, 01:20 PM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
I just finished underground mode, best race game for pc IMO

my car

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-12-30, 01:16 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
wow....thats a cool

wats the name of the car?
the fastest car ive that ive got is the skyline.......

(i havnt been playing it much....playing tc3)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
<jw>leon_hart is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between<jw>leon_hart is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

<jw>leon_hart

Posted 2003-12-30, 06:33 AM in reply to WetWired's post "Need For Speed Underground"
if ur talking about my car, its an acura rsx, not the fastest but imo the most beatifull car in nfs:u
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy