Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Angry lagging out
Posted 2004-01-29, 10:36 PM
alright, earlier today (1-29-04) i was fighting a new player by the name of Chaos. As he was fleeing the scene shortly after i arrived, another of his new player comrades helped fight me. I turned back to calculate the power of the two, then i lagged out. PIssed me off so much. It said that my stats went up to like 30,000 then i lagged out. i have a lot of problems lagging out, about once every 30 minutes or something. very annoying especially when i am fighting for dignity and respect.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
onk miner is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenonk miner is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

onk miner

Posted 2004-01-30, 03:15 AM in reply to onk miner's post "lagging out"
I did some just finished some work on the shard, hope it fixed the problem. Let me know.

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2004-01-30, 12:37 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "I did some just finished some work on..."
*Bump* Fixed?

I'm breaking the limit inside you, stop begging someone to hide you. I'm breaking the limit inside you, don't run away, bring it on straight to me!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Majere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMajere is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Majere

Posted 2004-01-30, 12:57 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "*Bump* Fixed?"
Err, no. I just lagged out again. This is the 5th time today I've lagged out and died and lost my items because of it.

I have friends that are quitting the server because of this severe problem. You should make it your #1 priority...
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Grim

Posted 2004-01-30, 01:54 PM in reply to Grim's post starting "Err, no. I just lagged out again. This..."
what the fuck you think I am doing? sitting around fucking myself? Jesus, you people don't tell me there is any problem til it been around a long time and expect it fixed in a day without giving me any feed back?

How about you help me out here and tell me what your doing bfore you get locked up. Tell me what client version you are using and if you got any hacks going on.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-01-30, 02:40 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "what the fuck you think I am doing?..."
Ok I made more changes to the server, let me know if it's better.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-01-30, 03:25 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "Ok I made more changes to the server,..."
Hey I am also the sort that is quick to anger sometimes. But as an admin I think you should try to be as tolerant as you can of your players for the sake of professionalism.

I freeze a lot at random times. I haven't noticed any pattern. Just once every few hours on average, the game freezes as though I'm lagging out, and I have to close/reopen to regain control. It's not a client crash. As I said it happens to some friends of mine as well, but the frequency seems to be different for different people. I don't know what could be causing it.
peekay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGrim is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Grim

Posted 2004-01-30, 03:59 PM in reply to Grim's post starting "Hey I am also the sort that is quick to..."
I am zero tolerant when it comes to being told "Fix it or I quit." I don't really give two shits anymore, donate and then I will be more more tolerant when it comes to your demands.

Back to the topic: Has it happen since last reboot of the shard?

Last edited by Majere; 2004-01-30 at 04:01 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-01-30, 07:29 PM in reply to Majere's post starting "I am zero tolerant when it comes to..."
mejere your doin a gr8 job people quickly forget how much time and effort you are putting into this shard not to mension money the shard aint that bad i get the odd client now and again.
uk chaps of bloodpack will be donating shortly having problems with paypal
v1ck
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
v1ck is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenv1ck is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

v1ck

Posted 2004-01-31, 07:32 AM in reply to v1ck's post starting "mejere your doin a gr8 job people..."
I will asume its fixed now?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Majere

Posted 2004-01-31, 08:26 AM in reply to Majere's post starting "I will asume its fixed now?"
I haven't had any problems with it yet.
I talk trash because I can back it up, duel me?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Drithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDrithe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Drithe