Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post Act4 rune quest bug?
Posted 2003-11-27, 05:23 AM
There have been some rumours on europe realm that some players know of a way to be able to get the 2nd quest in act4 over and over again. I don't know if this is just B/S.

It isn't supposed to be a hack just a bug, just wondering if any one els knows about it?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between0nyx is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

0nyx

Posted 2003-11-27, 07:29 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
hm u can make rollback if the result is carpy, maybe.... nut gettin it over and over???

someone wanted to prove it: nm quester got hammer... goes to hell... smash stone of another player who exits after puttin the stone to the place.......

well as i said, someone should test!
Sovereign said:
If you ask me, trying to figure out what the fuck people are saying in the D2 Forums is half the fun .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
celaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencelaron is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

celaron

Posted 2003-11-27, 07:50 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
About the rollback on the quest i dont think you can.

The smash another player stone wont work. A player that already did the quest wont be able to smash it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-27, 08:53 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Well, maybe this would work the same way as the crafting and imbueing roll back method. Hmm, when I get back to my apartment after the holidays, I'll check this out. Could be fantastic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-11-27, 11:05 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
How would you pull off this rollback?
ummmmm............Akara is spitting out Wind Force's again......

Last edited by compcam; 2003-11-28 at 08:16 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
compcam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweencompcam is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

compcam

Posted 2003-11-28, 10:35 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Do a thread search on "Rolback" or something along those lines, there are numerous posts on this subject.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-11-28, 04:32 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
celaron said:
hm u can make rollback if the result is carpy, maybe.... nut gettin it over and over???

someone wanted to prove it: nm quester got hammer... goes to hell... smash stone of another player who exits after puttin the stone to the place.......

well as i said, someone should test!
Doesnt work. The hammer from nm shows up in red writing and you are unable to smash the stone with it
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Matt14 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMatt14 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Matt14

Posted 2003-11-28, 06:59 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
i think back in classic it worked like kill hephasto grab the hammer leave the game, join another kill heph and leave the hammer on the ground then smash the stone and grab the hammer, and redo the whole thing again and again, but now i dont think itl let u even pick up the other hammer letalone smash another stone

Shards of Dayala Simya 65 Cleric Bartux 65 Magi
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
akuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenakuno is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

akuno

Posted 2003-11-28, 11:45 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
yea that be crazy since now you can get higher runes like ist
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Umpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenUmpc is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Umpc

Posted 2003-11-29, 05:52 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Rollback may work, anyone know if smashing Soulstone is a savepoint?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-29, 06:20 AM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Well, im not positive but if i were blizzard i would make it one seeing as how if rolledback you could get another rune drop
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Valmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenValmar is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Valmar

Posted 2003-11-29, 12:12 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
yes, it is a save point, its the completion of a quest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RaZ

Posted 2003-11-29, 04:25 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Damn. I suppose it would save if you were to desync too? (I'm aware that would be a lot of effort, just looking for theory)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeVollstrecker shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Vollstrecker

Posted 2003-11-29, 05:40 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
well first the moment you smash the hellstone the game is saved... desync'ing in this situation would be impossible i say theirs no way to do this without hacking.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaZ is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RaZ

Posted 2003-11-29, 05:48 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Well, the method works with Imbuing, which is a save point for questing as well, so why not this? I'm gonna try it out either tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, and does anyone know what rune is the higest you can get from this quest? I've gotten a Gul before, so I know it is at least that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2003-11-29, 05:56 PM in reply to 0nyx's post "Act4 rune quest bug?"
Sure feel free to try it but the chance of this working is slim to none. with the soulstone quest theirs a required item to get(mephistos soulstone) which is not the case with imbuing and their is no true save point in imbuing due to the fact that their is no packets being sent during the actually imbuing process thats why that is possible with the hellforge theirs a lot more at work..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RaZ