Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion

Newbie Questions on Forum Display?
Posted 2003-12-25, 12:31 PM
When I first came here, I had an interesting display of the forums, which I have failed to duplicate.

I had found Zelaron by pouring through the Google Nonsense for a Diablo 2 Forum/site that would load on my work that wasn't bogged down by mindless idiots who don't know spam from high grade processed meat in a tin.

Regardless, when I came here the background was blue, and when I viewed a catagory about 15 threads with their info were able to be displayed on my screen. Now, after registering and changing some profile information, none of which related to the display of Zelaron forums, I can only see 3-5 threads per page and I feel like I'm looking at my screen in binoculars. After checking to make sure my binoculars were not over my eyes I'm still confused about what possibl display settings I could've changed and/or what ones I could change to bring back that comfortable zoomed-out view.

I beseech you, help me for I am a humble newbie of thine forums! *throws body to the hounds*
Humanity sees its reflection in the mirrors that surround it, and thus gratified, calls this image perfect, good, merciful, omniscient, omnipresent, holy, just, and above all, love. So enchanted are these hairless apes with this, that they invent a special word for it: God
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nabiki Tendo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNabiki Tendo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nabiki Tendo

Posted 2003-12-25, 12:36 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Is it only zelaron that is like this, or do all webpages appear as in "binoculars"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-25, 04:01 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Use the fucking user CP
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-12-25, 04:53 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Watch your mouth Randuin, he is only looking for help.

Honestly, I've never had that problem before, but I will look into resolution issues now and see if I can change my settings.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2003-12-26, 07:13 AM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
It was only Zelaron that had this (zoomed out view), which led me not to think it was a browser or O/S related setting, but rather a site related one.

Thank you Randuin for your elquently put statement. I had forgotten to post that I had already gone through the User Profile and User Options, none of which shed any light on my issue. The "Viewing Options" in "User Options" only had two options, one of which was how many posts per thread it would view, and what day's posts I would be defaulted to view. The first option was simply how many posts per page were available, now the font/size of them when being viewed. So thank you for your piercing comment, but perhaps you have another idea?

I'll putter around IE and my operating system to see what's up, but your commentary/ideas are greatly appriciated from the entire community.
Humanity sees its reflection in the mirrors that surround it, and thus gratified, calls this image perfect, good, merciful, omniscient, omnipresent, holy, just, and above all, love. So enchanted are these hairless apes with this, that they invent a special word for it: God
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Nabiki Tendo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNabiki Tendo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Nabiki Tendo

Posted 2003-12-26, 07:29 AM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
After Scrambling around a good amount, I realized the solution WAS in User CP, as i had originally suspected before Randuin's directing post. I had changed my style from Synthesis to Diablo. When I changed it back to Synthesis before I was certain my problem of being "zoomed" was still present, however today I changed to synthesis again, jus' cuz evil santas are woot, and I'm back to my "zoomed out happy" view.

So interestingly enough, problem solved. Thanks for those helpful posts, and THBBBBBB to Randuin. ^_~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Nabiki Tendo

Posted 2003-12-26, 09:48 AM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Seeing as I'm now a goon, you have to forgive my protruding and rude way of talking, and understand the true meaning of christmas underneath
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-12-26, 09:48 AM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Why do you hate furries?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-12-26, 12:05 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Become a goon and they shall show you the way... FYAD style
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Randuin

Posted 2003-12-31, 05:06 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
I think I know why. If you have a scroll (third click button in the middle of your mouse the goes up and down) on your mouse try holding down your "CTRL" key and move your scroll on your mouse up to zoom in, and scroll down while holding CTRL to zoom out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2003-12-31, 05:08 PM in reply to Nabiki Tendo's post "Newbie Questions on Forum Display?"
Damn, you already solved your problem . Damn you! making me help you for nothing .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos