Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2010-04-23, 12:01 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I will agree that that is one thing..."
I think as far as while climbing, they're stance on it is, you just never know what can come from a glitch, it's kind of out of their control. Wall climbing is a glitch right? Plus they've set a precedent for being hardcases. (IMO)

I agree though, that's one thing I really liked about Bungie, is they left that stuff in their games, hell they even encourage it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-23, 12:14 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "I think as far as while climbing,..."
I could see fixing any potential wall climbing exploits in battlegrounds, or even around capital cities and PVP objectives, but they fixed it universally. It wasn't a hack or anything, people just tried to run up walls. There were "tricks" to it like walking backwards, or jumping at just the right spot that you might hit 1 in 100 tries. And it could hardly be exploiting for much other than entertainment value. The whole point was to find new areas, like Hyjal. I think that's one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in the game was when I was running through the empty Hyjal zone on my server and saw the World Tree and even a little sign that blizzard placed that said "caution! under construction" or something along those lines. The only way you could get there was by wall climbing and blinking through invisible walls. Naturally, they fixed it, so nobody can go there anymore to see how cool it is.

I haven't been in the Hyjal raid dungeon so I don't know how the two compare.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-04-23, 12:33 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I could see fixing any potential wall..."
There is an area outside of Stormwind where you can get ontop of an archway/wall that defends the Keep. You have to jump in two certain spots and work with it a bit. It's not real easy but kinda cool. I hear they are upgrading Hyjal to go up to 82. Ugh. Cataclysm is a cop out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-04-23, 09:28 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "There is an area outside of Stormwind..."
Yeah, it is in a way. Or in Ironforge when you could blink onto the Auctioneers platform. But with Cataclysm, they'll be able to make another large stack of millions along with new subscribers and keeping current ones hooked into the game.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V