Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Posted 2012-03-01, 10:31 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "There's different difficulties on an..."
Yes. WoW has heroic difficulties on all cap level dungeons and raids. There are also hardmode achievements where you purposely make the fight harder then it has to be for some extra nerd points or mount.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2012-03-02, 12:04 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "There's different difficulties on an..."
Diablo 2 isn't an MMO.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-02, 09:54 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Diablo 2 isn't an MMO."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Diablo 2 isn't an MMO.
This. I'm pretty sure I've pointed this out to you, Skurai. Diablo is just a multiplayer online game, not a massively multiplayer online game. Your characters persist online, however you join small games with others and there is no big city where everyone can meet or anything. (You can meet big groups in text chat, but you can do that on IRC, too).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-03, 06:05 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "This. I'm pretty sure I've pointed..."
So the only real difference is the lack of a huge town and less players, then?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-03, 08:53 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So the only real difference is the lack..."
Have you played an MMO? The whole point of an MMO is that you bump into different players on your way to do things, meet them and interact. In Diablo, you have to pretty much meet players elsewhere and play a game together.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2012-03-03, 11:51 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Have you played an MMO? The whole..."
WetWired said: [Goto]
Have you played an MMO? The whole point of an MMO is that you bump into different players on your way to do things, meet them and interact. In Diablo, you have to pretty much meet players elsewhere and play a game together.
I can honestly barely see a difference there.
>You meet people while you're doing things
>You meet people elsewhere
Where is elsewhere? It can't be in a dungeon or on the world map, and you already said it's not in a town. And if it's any of those, then there's seriously such a minor difference that it's ignorant.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-03, 12:16 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "I can honestly barely see a difference..."
I'll try to explain it as well as possible since you seem to be misunderstanding. Diablo 2 does not have a persistent world. You only meet other people if you create a game and they join it, or if you join a game someone else created. Every time a game is created, pretty much everything in the game is reset to an initial point. All bosses are spawned, all monsters are spawned (and randomized depending on location/difficulty), all maps and dungeons are randomized. There's no auction house for my character to go to to sell items, if I want to sell/trade with other players I have to do it in chat channels or make a game for trading. You can only have 8 players in a game at a time.

Let's compare and contrast WoW and Diablo 2 here.

WoW:
Hundreds of servers
Hundreds/thousands of players per server who can all interact freely, intentionally or unintentionally
Game world is persistent, AKA auctions are running, world events are happening, people are killing, all on your server while you are offline

Diablo 2:
Hundreds(?) of games running
8 players per game, limited interaction when desired, games can be password protected
Game world is unique to each game and resets upon game creation, not persistent
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-03, 05:55 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'll try to explain it as well as..."
OH! It works like Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. That makes more sense, okay.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2020-04-25, 10:39 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "OH! It works like Monster Hunter..."
Plugy single player.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin