Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Torch Scam: By Kazilla!
Posted 2010-06-16, 02:30 PM
How to scam a Hellfire Torch!

Legend:
FWT (friend with torch)
FWOT (friend without torch)

What you'll need:
x1 Hellfire Torch (preferrably a Paladin one, as they are the most expensive)
x1 Friend (whom you trust)

How its done:
1. FWT creates a public game (ie. ptorch 4 ztorch).
2. FWOT joins FWT's game.
3. FWT and FWOT wait in game until an unsuspecting innocent strolls in!
4. FWT opens trade to see the ztorch he is going for.
5. FWT agree's to the trade, and attempts to trade torch for torch in window.

OH NO! IT DUN WERK!

6. Repeat step 5 a few times, each time saying things like.. "wtf" "do you have room" "why isnt it working"
7. At this point one of you two will get smart (either is fine)

The only way to trade torch for torch, is to drop them somewhere private and pick up the other.

8. Explain the situation to your friend in the privacy of the trade menu.
9. It will make sense to him.
10. Inform him to make a random game.
11. Once he leaves, quickly open trade with your FWOT.
12. Trade your ptorch to your FWOT.
13. Exit game.
14. Join random game created by numbskull.
15. Stand at feet and wait for him to drop his torch.
16. Pick up the torch
17. Thank him (I swear to go you skip this step ill strangle your first born, have some manners)
18. WIN
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-06-18, 02:45 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "Torch Scam: By Kazilla!"
Ah, it's been a while since I played and I'm not sure how long since you've played but I'm pretty sure they patched that. I think you can trade torches and anni's now.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenHayduke is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hayduke

Posted 2010-06-18, 03:23 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Ah, it's been a while since I played..."
I wouldn't be posting this if it was an idea.. it works just like I said.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2010-06-18, 06:20 AM in reply to Hayduke's post starting "Ah, it's been a while since I played..."
Hayduke said: [Goto]
Ah, it's been a while since I played and I'm not sure how long since you've played but I'm pretty sure they patched that. I think you can trade torches and anni's now.
Yes, you can trade anni's and torches now, but you still can't hold but one. Which means, if you're holding one, you cannot have another one traded to you. That's the whole point of this scam.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2010-06-18, 07:39 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yes, you can trade anni's and torches..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Which means, if you're holding one, you cannot have another one traded to you.
...even if you are attempting to trade the one you are holding

needed to add that tidbit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2010-06-18, 07:10 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "...even if you are attempting to trade..."
I don't get it. Whats the use of this torch?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2010-06-18, 07:41 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "I don't get it. Whats the use of this..."
It's a large charm that gives a bunch of kickass bonuses and +skills to a certain class.

Interestingly enough, if you google "Hellfire Torch Stats," Zelaron is the first result.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!