Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

How to: Diablo Guides
Posted 2008-09-14, 11:42 AM
The following guides have been submitted by members of our community. If you have a guide you would like to submit please PM me with it, and I'll make sure to post it as soon as I see it. You will be given full credit.

Diablo 2 Guides and How To's.

1. Resetting your IP Address
2. How to spawn Diablo Clone
3. How to get a Hellfire Torch
4. Leveling Guides

WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW GUIDES AND HOW TO'S THAT AREN'T LISTED. IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT PLEASE PM ME.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-20 at 07:20 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 11:47 AM in reply to Kazilla's post "How to: Diablo Guides"
IP Address reset methods.

To reset the IP number on Mac 8 through 9:

Try rebooting first. If you still get a number that begins with 169, you must trash the TCP/IP Preferences.
Opening the Preferences Folder:
- Open the Hard Drive, System Folder, Preferences Folder.
- In the Preferences folder delete the TCP/IP preferences.
The Mac will automatically create new preferences. You will have to reconfigure the TCP/IP settings.

To reset the IP number on Mac X:
- Quit all Internet applications.
- Select the Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Network.
- From "Show" dropdown menu choose Network Port Configurations.
- Remove the checkmark next to "Built-in Ethernet" then click the "Apply Now" button.
- Restart your computer.
- Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 and place the checkmark back in the box for "Built-in Ethernet". Then click the Apply Now button.
- Reopen your Internet applications.

To reset the IP number on a PC:
Use ipconfig to release your current IP and obtain a new one.
From Start select Run, type Command.
In the Command window:
- type ipconfig /release. This releases the current IP number (for Windows ME ipconfig /release_all).
- type ipconfig /renew. This selects a new IP number (for Windows ME ipconfig /renew_all).
- type ipconfig. This displays the new IP number.
- Close the Command Window.

Now for the new stuff, as I mentioned earlier some of you said the above processes just didn't work for you, that's ok I won't leave you feeling left out, if the techniques listed above didn't help you in any way this one will.

- Exit all of your internet devices, (such as icq, etc), close any open internet pages.
- Click "Start".
- Select "Run".
- In the "Run" line type, "cmd".
- This will bring up a new window, which looks like ms-dos, in this new window type (without the "s) "ipconfig /release".
- Close the window resembling ms-dos.
- Click "Start"
- Select "My Computer".
- Select "My Network Places", on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select "View Network Connections", on the left hand side of the screen.
- Right click the icon which says "Local Area Connection" then click "Properties.
- Click the "General" tab.
- Highlight the "Internet Protocol"
- Click "Properties", it's in the general tab.
- This will open a new window, click the "General" tab in this new window.
- You should see a box labeled "Use the following IP address", click it.
- You should notice three bars have lit up.
- In the first bar, labeled "IP address" type "1" until that whole bar is filled with "1"s.
- Use tab to select the "Subnet mask", it should have filled in itself.
- Click "Ok".
- Close everything now, every window, everything, I want you to see nothing but your desktop.
- Click "Start"
- Select "My Computer".
- Select "My Network Places", on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select "View Network Connections", on the left hand side of the screen.
- Right click the icon which says "Local Area Connection" then click "Properties.
- Click the "General" tab.
- Highlight the "Internet Protocol"
- Click "Properties", it's in the general tab.
- This will open a new window, click the "General" tab in this new window.
- You should see a box labeled "Obtain an IP address automatically", click it.
- This will give you a brand new IP number.

By: ScamAlot

----------------------------------------------------

This will only work to reset your internal IP address on your network. Unless of course your computer is directly connected to the Cable/DSL modem (Stupid idea) without being behind a router/switch/etc, then it'll work.

Their is a different technique to reset your external IP Address, and I will explain as follows:

Their are two different types of IP addresses, Static and Dynamic.

Static IP Definition said:
A permanent IP address that is assigned to a node in a TCP/IP network.
Dynamic IP Definition said:
An IP address that changes every time a user logs on to the Internet.

If you are still running Dial Up, (56k, 128k, etc.) you will have a new IP everytime you log off and log back on.

Standard Internet Service providers will typically assign your house with a Dynamic IP address. Now everytime one of your computers on the network accesses the internet, the IP does not change. Everytime your Cable/DSL modem connects to the internet, it will search for the first available IP address and will be assigned the new address. (This is very similiar to a network setup with a DHCP server)

To Reset: If you have Cable or DSL, simply turn off the power to the Cable/DSL modem for 5 - 10 minutes. (Sometimes it takes longer) This will allow another user on the same ISP to connect, and use your old IP. When you turn the power back on, it will search for the first available IP and WALAH! You now have you're new IP address.

Your ISP will sometimes offer you the option to have a Static IP, but fees and conditions apply.

By: -Spector-
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 11:52 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "IP Address reset methods. To reset..."
How the Dclone works.

When you sell a soj and recieve the soj sale message, everyone whose game is hosted on the same server (not realm - just THAT server machine) will get the message. When the sale of a soj spawns the dclone, everyone in a game on that server has the dclone spawn in their game too.

To do this, the seller calls out the last two or three digit number of the ip address of the server they are on. Then, everyone who wants a dclone to spawn creates game after game, checking the ip address of the server they have connected to, until they find one whose ip matches that of the seller. Once the IP's match they just have to wait until the seller triggers a dclone and they will get one as well.

ok.. so I along with a bunch of other people have figured out how to make diablo clone spawn with little problems. I've gotten 6 annihilus charms in the past 2 days from doing it. here is what u do.

HOW TO SPAWN HIM:

1) Play the game until u see a soj counter in the game your in. (this makes u save time and sojs to make him spawn, but any game will work as long as he hasnt already been spawned on that server, which will also work, but takes way longer.)

2) When u see the soj counter, tab out to windows and go to run>cmd. When the window loads, type in "netstat -n" without the quotations. u should get a list of open ip address's on the screen. the one with .4000 as the last 4 numbers is the server you are on that has the soj counter in it. Example: you see sojs counter, type in netstat -n and see the ip address 63.241.83.180.4000 where 180 is the games server u are in.

3) Go to the forums and post that the soj counter is going up in .180 on uswest or whatever realm. This means that someone on that server is already selling sojs to the npc's. then other people on the forums also join .180 and start selling sojs. It can take a while to get on the specified server, usually about 30 tries for me, and dont join/exit games to fast or u will get realm down. It usually takes about 20-40 sojs and the clone will spawn. I have done this 6 times in the last 2 days, so it works. I have screenshots as well if u guys want me to post them.

Good luck. And I promise this works, I have no reason to lie. if u dont believe me, check the general discussion forum on battle.net, its all they are talking about.

And no, this isnt just trial and error, he will spawn, and it DOES have to do with selling sojs. I think this should be stickied, because it works everytime we try it.

FAQ:
Do non ladder sojs count for ladder games? Yes.
Do I have to sell the sojs in the same IP that the counter is going up on? Yes, or else the sojs u are selling will count on that server, and not the one that the counter is already moving on.
Can I sell my sojs in a normal game to get the clone to spawn? Yes, as long as u sell them in the same ip as the people who are waiting in hell games.
How long does it take him to spawn? Generally he will spawn between 20 and 40 sojs, but we've seen him come in as few as 8.
If the counter goes up on .61 in uswest, can he spawn in .61 on east? No because it is a different server. He *CAN* spawn if u sell them on east, but your sojs will not count towards the counter on west.

Submitted by Vollstrecker, Written by Blizzhackers.

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-14 at 12:04 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-14, 12:00 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "How the Dclone works. When you sell..."
The Hellfire torch is the new unique large charm added in patch 1.11.

New Unique Large Charm: Hellfire Torch
25% chance to cast lvl 10 firestorm when stricking
+3 to random character class skills (like +3 to amazon, +3 to sorc...)
+10-20 to all atributes
+10-20 to all resistances
+8 to light radius
lvl 30 hydra 10 charges

These are the steps you take to get it.

Step 1.
You have to aquire the 3 keys, that everyone is talking about. The keys are dropped by:
Hate - Summoner
Destruction - Nithalak
Terror - Countess

When they drop they are a white item that says Key Of Terror or Key of Hate ect. The keys DO NOT drop everytime. That would be way to easy. Supposably they have a 1/35 chance of dropping, but thats not exact. You can have more than 1 set of the keys per char, so if you want you can get 3 of each of them before you doing the next step. If you really can hold back the suspence.

Step 2.
Take the 3 keys to act 5. Put them in the cube and transmute them. That will open a red portal to Lillith.

Lillith drops Diablos Horn.
Durial drops Baals Eye.
Izzy drops Mephistos Brain.

Now guess what! You get to repeat steps 1 and 2 again and then again once more! Or if you collected 3 sets of keys before hand, you just have to repeat steps 2 twice more. Either way, its takes a while depending on your luck and how determined you are.
The best way to go about this is to get ALL 9 keys at once. Then open all 3 portals in the same game. This will gaurentee that you get each body part. Make sure you dont open the 3 portals on top of each other though. Then you won't be able to get into the other 2.

Step 3.
OK! So now that you've collected these miniscule items of the legendary brothers you're almost done. Hooray!
Take the 3 parts and go to act 5 again if your not already there. Put them in the cube and transmute them. Bam! Red Portal to Trist. Where you fight the Uber/Clones of Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto. Once you kill these ridiculously hard bosses, which all come at the same time the last one will drop you brand new ever so coveted Hellfire torch. Now just hope you have a character that can use it!

Heres some tips to help you get the keys faster until a new MH comes out.
Heres how I find the stairway down to Nithalak very easy from the waypoint. There are two places the waypoint spawns ever time. You will notice this the more you run Nith. The first way point is closer to the bottom left of the dungeon. The second is more in the middle. If your at the bottom left WP you will need to go to the NorthEast on your map and you will find the stairway there every time. If you are at the middle WP, go directly to the SouthWest corner and if its not there head to your right staying as South as possible and you should find it about half a map over. They are in those 3 places EVERY time.

By Kaneda
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-20, 07:21 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "The Hellfire torch is the new unique..."
Normal Rush

Level: 1-15 | Tristram, no high levels.
<RUSH THROUGH NORMAL>
Level: 15-20 | Tomb Runs, high level runner.
Level: 20-24 | Cow Runs, high level runner.
Level: 24-25 | Normal Ancients.
Level: 25-40 | Normal Baal Runs, high level runner.
<RUSH THROUGH NIGHTMARE>
Level: 40-41 | Nightmare Ancients.
Level: 41-60 | Nightmare Baal Runs, high level runner.
<RUSH THROUGH HELL>
Level: 60-61 | Hell Ancients.
Level: 61-Xx | Hell Baal.

Bug/Glitch Rush

Step1: Have a friend rush you all the way through normal.
Step2: Locate a level 20+ who is in need of the ancients/baal quest. (he might already have ancients which is fine)
Step3: Take the guy who needs to quest into Baal's throne room and kill baal.
Step3 con't: Make sure durring this step that you are partied and standing in the tp area of A5.
Step4: Leave the game, and you should now have completed the Baal quest and be in Nightmare.

Step5: Repeat steps 1-3.5 for each difficulty until you reach Hell.

Step6: Join chaos runs. Leveling is slow here until level 25, bare with it, you will soon be getting 4 levels a run.

Overview:
Level 1-Xx: Hell Chaos Runs

Uber Leveling

BORKED

-Spector-'s Diablo II LoD (Patch 1.11b) Leveling guide

I. Introduction

This is my first Diablo 2 guide that I've written so any critiques/advice/questions and/or complaints are welcome. This is a general leveling guide without the use of the Glitch Rush. (Grush guide coming soon) This guide does require help from other players, specifically in acts 3-5.

Email- chicnstu012@yahoo.com

AOL Instant Messenger- chicnstu012

User- -Spector- on www.zelaron.com

II. Disclaimer

This guide is not in anyway affiliated with Blizzard. Please do not steal or edit this guide. If you wish to have this guide on your site, please ask for my permission via AIM or E-Mail. I will say yes 99% of the time, as long as you agree to not edit it what-so-ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

III. Brief Overview - If you don't feel like reading the entire tutorial, I will summarize the main points here:

· Levels 1 – 5: join a game with 4-8 players, travel to the Blood Moor and kill monsters in and around The Den of Evil.

· Levels 5 – 15: Join Tristram run games. This will allow you to level quite quickly until you are able to gain experience from Tomb Runs.

· Levels 15 – 20: Join Tomb Run games. You’ll get tons of experience from just one tomb.

· Levels 20 – 24: Join cow games. You’ll gain the most experience from cows from levels 20 to 24.

· Levels 24 – 25: Kill Normal Ancients.

· Levels 25 – 45: Normal Baal runs.

· Kill Normal Baal to complete the quest at level 45.

· Go through Nightmare (Or get rushed) but don’t kill Baal.

· Levels 45 – 65: Nightmare Baal runs.

· Kill Nightmare Baal to complete the quest at level 65.

· Go through Hell (Or get rushed, easiest way is to pay your Hellforge for a rush)

· Levels 65 and up: Hell Baal runs.

Act 1:

IV. When you first start out as a level 1, I would suggest joining a game with 4 to 8 players who are working on something besides Act 1. (Aka: Act 2, Baal, Cows, Tomb Runs, etc.) Enter the Blood Moor and begin to kill monsters. Since their are many other players in the game you will begin to gain experience very rapidly, keep in mind the monsters will be also harder to kill. (As a level 1 in an 8 player game, I leveled to level 2 by only killing 4 Zombies. (They seem to give the most experience.) Make your way over to the Den Of Evil and work on clearing that out. If the creator of the game hasn't done that quest, then you'll also get your first quest completed. (The Gargantuan Beasts inside the Den appear to give the most experience, at approximately 216 XP per kill at level 4 with 8 players) By the time I was finished with soloing the Den Of Evil, I was level 6 with Corpsefire giving me around 740 experience.

Once you've hit level 5 or above, attempt to join Tristram Run games, and run these until you are level 15. With 8 players in a game, you have the potential to gain 1+ levels per game, until you get closer to 15 and the experience drops. Now that you are level 15, either join an Andy game or Solo her (shouldn't be too hard) and move on to Act 2.

Tips: Before you fight Andariel, make sure to purchase antidote potions since her poison seems to do the most damage. And ALWAYS open a Town Portal before you begin to fight incase you die. (Especially if you're soloing her)

Make sure to complete the Den of Evil quest; this will give you an extra skill point.

If you want to have an item Imbued of your choice, kill "The Smith" in the Barracks, grab the Horadric Malus and return it to Charsi.

Act 2:

*Once you've completed Act 2, join Tomb Running games and level up until you're 20.

V. In my opinion, this is the most annoying and time-consuming act in the game. To avoid lengthy time spent in this act, try and join an Act 2 game, and complete it with other players. First you need to acquire the Horadric Cube from the Halls of the Dead. Once this is accomplished, travel to the far Oasis and find the Maggot Lair. In here you will find the bottom of the Horadric Staff. After you've gotten the staff, go to the Lost City, find the Valley of Snakes and enter the Claw Viper Temple and get the amulet.

After you've gotten both parts, use the Horadric Cube to make the Horadric Staff. If you are being rushed, talk to Drognan and Cain and then enter the Arcane Sanctuary to kill the Summoner. (Skip the next 2 paragraphs if you are being rushed.)

If you are not being rushed, make you're way to the west part of Lut Gholein and talk to Jerhyn. He will allow you to enter his Palace and go into the Harem. The Harem level 2 is not hard to find; as you walk in, entrances are directly to your left and right. Once you are in the Harem level 2, the stairs to the Palace Cellar are in the North East and South West sections of the map. Just like in the Harem level 2, the stairs to the Palace Cellar level 2 are also in the North East and South West sections of the map. (Be sure to get the waypoint in the center of the map) And the same again, the stairs to level 3 are in both the North East and South West parts of the map.

Once you are in the Palace Cellar Level 3, your destination is the portal in the middle of the map. There will be a unique monster guarding the portal with it's minions, but once defeated you can enter the Arcane Sanctuary. Once you're inside, there are 4 different directions you can travel. If you have maphack, move the map around with the arrow keys and find which path has a staircase and a white Pedestal at the end. If you don’t have maphack, just fight your way through until you find the correct path. When you get to the Summoner, kill him and then read Horazon's Journal. This will tell you the symbol of the tomb of Tal Rasha that Duriel is located in, and open up a red portal to the Canyon of the Magi.

After entering the correct Tomb, locate the Orifice and place the Horadric Staff into it. This will open up Tal Rasha's Chamber and allow you to kill Duriel. Once Duriel is slain, follow the path to Tyrael and talk to him. Back in town, talk to Cain, Drognan, Jerhyn and then Meshif. Meshif will then take you to Act 3.

Tips: If you're being rushed and you're unable to talk to Jerhyn, have everyone leave town at the same time, and then come back. Usually the guards will have moved and you'll be able to talk to him.

If this doesn't work, have your rusher take the Palace Cellar Level 1 waypoint, travel backwards to the harem and make a Town Portal. Then you can go into the Harem, go up the stairs and talk to Jerhyn from behind.

If your rusher doesn't have the Palace Waypoint, he can simply go back to the Arcane Sanctuary, travel north back through the portal, and walk/teleport to the Harem.

Be sure to complete the quest "Radament's Lair" - This will give you an extra skill point and lower vendor prices in Act 2.

Act 3:

*This will either require a rusher or someone with the required Waypoints.
*Once you’ve hit level 20, start to do cow runs until 24.

VI. Have someone open up a Town Portal to the Travincal. Once you are in, travel to the North East part of the map and slay the high council. Once they're all dead, go back to town and talk to cain. This will complete “The Blackened Temple” quest. Now have someone open up a Town Portal to the Durance of Hate Level 2. Generally speaking (though in Hell, Durance Level 2 is huge) if you follow along the left wall, you will find the entrance to Level 3 quite easily. Maphack users will have no problem.

Upon entering the Durance of Hate Level 3, immediately make a Town Portal for "Just In Case" measures. You can then either travel to the left or the right, both of them dead-ending at Mephisto. He is in the Northern part of the map. After he is killed, follow the center path south into the "Flaming" Orangish/Red portal. You are now in act 4.

Tips: If you are a caster (Sorceress, Bonemancer, Javazon, etc.) then you have the fortunate ability to get Mephisto stuck and kill him easily. I prefer to travel South West, and go through the area where Maffer Dragonhand is at and position yourself to where Mephisto is on the North side of the Canal, and you are on the Southern Side. You can then back up so he can't hit you, but still cast and kill him without the risk of being hit.

Complete the "Golden Bird" quest. (Dropped from Super Unique Monsters) - This will add a permanent 20 health.

Complete the "Lam Esen's Tome" quest. - This will give you an extra 5 stat points to use.

Mephisto seems to be the boss that drops the best items more frequently.

Act 4:

*This will either require a rusher or someone with the required Waypoint.

VII. Have the rusher or someone else open up a Town Portal to the River of Flame. If you travel East, it will lead you to the Hellforge, if you travel West, it will lead you to the Chaos Sanctuary. (Where Diablo is located.) Once you have entered the Chaos Sanctuary, kill all of the monsters and open up each of the seals. There are 5 seals total, 2 in the eastern half, 1 in the northern section, and 2 more in the western half.

When you reach the Western Seals, one of them will release a group of Storm Casters, with a Super Unique who is Immune to fire. Moving on to the Northern Seal, this one will release a group of Doom Knights with a Super Unique who is Immune to cold. After you've finished them off, keep on walking around to the Western section of the map. The Western Seals will release a group of Venom Lords with a Super Unique who is not immune to anything in the normal difficulty.

After all of the seals have been opened, the spawned minions from the seals and the Super Uniques from each seal have been slain, Diablo will appear in the center of the map, in the center of the star. When you have successfully killed him, you can return to town, talk to Tyrael and he will open up a red portal to Harrogath. (Act 5)

Tips: If you have a good character rushing you, have them simply open all the seals and slay the Unique/Monsters that spawn from each seal. If he/she kills only the spawned monsters, opened up all the seals and didn't kill any of the other monsters in the Sanctuary, Diablo will still spawn and the other monsters will all die automatically. This greatly speeds up the rush.

Complete the quest "The Fallen Angel" - This will give you 2 extra skill points.

Complete the quest "The Hellforge" - This will give you several Perfect and Flawless gems, along with a rune. (In normal mode, the rune dropped usually isn't worth anything.
In Nightmare, you'll typically get a rune between Sol and Um, Um being the highest rune dropped.
In Hell, you will typically get a rune between Hel and Gul, Gul being the highest.

Act 5:

*This will either require a rusher or someone with the required waypoints.
*You need to be at least level 20 to complete the Ancients’ Quest (without Grush)

VIII. Have the rusher or someone else open up a Town Portal to the Ancients' Way. Walk or teleport through the map until you reach The Arreat Summit entrance. Have everyone who's going for this quest make a Town Portal OUTSIDE of the Summit, because if someone opens a Town Portal while you are fighting the Ancients, they will reset and you will have to start over.

After you have killed the ancients, you should then join baal games and level up until you are level 45. Once you've hit level 45, do the baal quest and move on to Nightmare.

Tips: Make sure you do not kill baal until you are level 40+ (45 suggested) or else you will only be able to view Nightmare games and won't be able to join anymore normal Baal games without creating a new character and searching that way.

Complete Quest "Siege on Harrogath" - Larzuk will add a socket to your item of choice. (I would wait until you have a good item to socket before using up this reward.)

Complete Quest "Prison of Ice" - This will open up a new portal to Nihlathak's Temple. As long as you do not kill Nihlathak, the portal will stay open and you can continue to kill Pindleskin who gives OK experience, (Not a bad monster to run a bot on) and occasionally drops good items.

Also - Marah will give you a scroll that permanently adds +10 to resistances.

If you complete the quest "Betrayal of Harrogath" make sure you acquire the Halls of Pain Waypoint so you can continue to go back and kill Nihlathak in attempt to find Keys of Destruction.

Other Suggestions:

IX. Act 2 Minions Experience Glitch (Possibly Patched) – While running Baal games, if you are in a full game with 8 people, then you have the chance to gain extra experience from a glitch. The directions are simple:

1. Before entering the Throne room, specify which person will be leaving the party. (Usually the lowest level is chosen.)

2. Just before the Act 2 minions spawn (Death Mages and Unravellers) have the chosen person leave the party.

3. Higher levels gain exceptional amount of experience.

4. Chosen person rejoins before Act 3 minions spawn.

5. This will have the most dramatic affect on players level 95+

6. The glitch only works if it is a full game with 8 players.

-----

Pre-Teleporting – This is not a glitch, just something useful that will greatly speed up your Baal runs. You probably won’t have someone volunteer for this job, so either find a friend or pay someone but this is how it goes:

1. Have friend/someone teleport to the throne and cast a Town Portal.

2. Once people have entered into the throne, the friend/someone leaves the game.

3. Friend/someone creates the next game, and teleports to throne ahead of time and casts a Town Portal.

4. When the last game is finished, players will then join the new game created by the teleporter.

5. Teleporter leaves and makes the next game, and repeats steps 1, 3 and 4.

Tip: This would work best if the Baal games were private, otherwise new players could potentially join and there would be no more room for the players from the previous game.

-----

Town-Sitters – This is one of the easiest ways to get more experience out of a Baal run. Either get a group of friends to sit in town while you and a fellow player kill Baal’s minions, Join a game where nobody is in Act 5 and solo Baal (Good luck!) or pay several people to follow you in private Baal games to simply sit in town as you (and a friend most likely) kill Baal and his minions.

Tips: If you’ve got a group of friends willing to do this, to make it more fair you could possibly alternate who sits in town so that the same people don’t have to chill out and do nothing in the game over and over.

The other players don’t HAVE to sit in town; they can be off killing Mephisto, Andariel or even dueling… anything to keep them in game and not bored.

-----

Experience Shrines – If you have the fortunate event of coming across an Experience Shrine, DO NOT PASS IT UP! This will increase your experience by a whopping 50% and definitely help you level faster. BEWARE: If you end up getting cursed while killing the minions, the shrine will no longer affect you. Be smart and avoid Hell Witches, Oblivion Knights, etc.

Tips: Most of the Experience Shrines are found in Act 1, so while the others are teleporting to the throne, you should be looking in Act 1 for an Experience Shrine.

Wait until the Throne is clear before you click the Shrine. Make a TP next to it, and when the minions are ready to be summoned, grab the Shrine and head on in. This will give you a better chance at avoiding getting cursed.

-----

DON’T DIE – Make sure you know your limits before attacking a mob. If you are a high level (90+) and you die, that’s like losing 5 to 10 Baal runs. Keep in mind: Better safe than sorry!

-----

Perfect Party setup for an 8 player game

3 Hammerdins – Lots of damage, can also teleport to throne.
1 FOH/Conviction Paladin – Reduces minions’ resistances considerably.
1 Sorceress – Any type will do, cold is useful to freeze and slow down the minions.
1 BO Barbarian – Whoever complained about extra Health and Mana?
1 Lightning Javazon – Lightning Fury seems to take out monsters quite fast.
1 Necromancer with Lower Resist – Minions’ resists drop even more.

-----

And there you have it. Please comment and give me some feedback!

Legit Leveling Guide (for playing legit)

[YOUR GUIDE HERE]

Last edited by -Spector-; 2008-12-15 at 05:40 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-22, 10:03 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Normal Rush Level: 1-15 | Tristram,..."
nice @ uber levelling. never tried it but just watching it made me go .
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-09-23, 04:30 PM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "nice @ uber levelling. never tried it..."
hop on USWest and I'll get you formed and ready in 2 days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-23, 08:45 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "hop on USWest and I'll get you formed..."
unfortunately my cdkeys were banned + ive lost me exp discs. im thinking about buying them again but i have much better stuff to do in my spair time.. also getting my shit together and saving money since i'll be moving out of home just after christmas w00t!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
PureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPureRebel enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

PureRebel

Posted 2008-09-24, 05:28 AM in reply to PureRebel's post starting "unfortunately my cdkeys were banned +..."
Grats on the move out, real life sucks -- You'll learn that quickly. Im torn between Warhammer and Diablo II. Diablo is just such a good game, you can pick it up and like I said in two days be max level doing what you made your character to do. On WoW the best I could do was around 7 days to 70, which isn't bad but it still isnt 2 days. Lemme know if you buy it again, I'll be around Diablo II as long as my friends keep playing. (with him and me botting on our hammerdins all the time we have enough stuff to equip you fairly well too)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-24, 01:33 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "Grats on the move out, real life sucks..."
70 in 7 days? You must be glued to that computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-24, 02:02 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "70 in 7 days? You must be glued to that..."
It was my record. My very first character took me over 40 days to 60 lol. I was on a pvp server with my dwarf priest and walked down into STV. Not even 5 minutes in I was being rapped and tbagged.. I swore off questing and began to run SM instances from 30-40... When I would log on and no body wanted to go, I would spam in south shore for a group forever... I didn't pick up questing again until 53.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla