Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

I need a new build.
Posted 2005-05-20, 04:34 AM
ONe thats preferably cheap and MIGHT work w/o gc's. If there are non like that, any fun build will do

keep in mind. THese are the chars that I have made and will NOT make again.

Dext based Bowazon
Trap Assassin
Whirl Wind Assassin
Fire ball sorc
Mf Blizzer
Melee Sorc
Bezerk Barb
Concentrate barb
whirl wind barb
Smite side v/t
Foh side v/t
griz v/t
Smite/holyfreeze medic
Cleric
Hammerdin
Bone Necro
Summon necro
IK barb

I'm sure there are a few more but meh. GIB ME IDEAS
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-20, 06:23 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "I need a new build."
thus is the reason i think many people will be quitting, and speacially since you dont play ladder you dont have the opp to make an aura anything...i think its just better to quit ive made twice as many of them and sat down and was thinking, wtf next. finally i decided to put it aside and answer it with 2 words, fuck this
to my heart soul and the being in which i am i love you megan

November 6th - eternity
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzygoat is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zygoat

Posted 2005-05-20, 08:40 AM in reply to Sovereign's post "I need a new build."
A javazon that can deal with lightning immunes in Hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Princess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenPrincess_Hibed is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Princess_Hibed

Posted 2005-05-20, 10:53 AM in reply to Princess_Hibed's post starting "A javazon that can deal with lightning..."
What no zealots? *gasp*

Freezadins and Tesladins can be made either super expensively or dirt cheaply depending...I personally have a blast with them (though Im partial to Holy Freeze because I hate dying and like how it almost always works even on cold immunes)

Either way they're pretty effective I think..

If you're not putting a lot into a build you're going to be hard pressed in pvp against anyone who is (unless they're bad at it of course)...with few exceptions. So with that disclaimer much of my following commentary is from a PvM standpoint and a fun one at that...not directed at mf or anything..just killing things with parties or solo looking for runes in cow levels. (though with out skillers you could replace sharp charms with mf i suppose and a Gheeds)

Tesladin Comment:

Running around naked with no skillers my Tesladin still had over a 4000 max damage if I remember correctly and thus can kill things fairly easilly. While you could get expensive and start using Griffon's and such you really dont NEED it. Crescent Phase Blade requires an Um but...thats really not that expensive...you'll have a decent time with anything and everything as long as you have a backup weapon for a lit/phys dual immune ...I prefer a passion phase because I can use it when Ive got iron maiden on me too (berserk=magic damage not physical damage). Its considered a fairly cheap build though and was even at one point considered to be one of the greatest starting characters for new players because while its very effective twinked out its still darn decent with just random stuff.

Freezadins:

Before I really got into my V/t phase this was certainly my favorite build. Similar to a Tesladin in that when twinked its damn effective but even with nothing still really solid. The thing about this one is its survivability....this sucker is hard to kill pvm wise especially when combining its slow holy freeze which with the exception of one monster everything is affected and using Drac's with its life tap...slow monsters...not getting hurt...huge resists...yeah and theres not much killing you in one hit either. Similarly with Iron Maiden use a passion phase blade.

Ironically my pvm freezadin didn't do badly in fun pvp...just using a G Angel with stacked resists gave casters a headache and the freeze was a nightmare for most melee (usually I warned people in advance so it wasnt as bad mannered as it could have been..hell it was a pvm build anyways thats their problem if they cant kill an untwinked character). With Grief and the like out there now things might be different but you'll have issues in pvp if you arent twinking out and they are anyways no matter the build. Clearly if you use things like a Doom or something that lowers cold resistance and boosts thats great but if you just focus on crushing blow instead because the alternative is too expensive you'll do fine especially in pvm.

D Clone fell in under a minute in an 8 person game with no help (they were looking elsewhere)....no skill charms...no anni...hell I was poor as hell and still was using a lightsaber at the time...eq then was just guardian angel (um) a ravenfrost, dual leech ring, shako...HoZ...dracs..highlords...Gore riders..dungoes...and G Face (um) for the crushing blow...did just fine. (90-95 resists on everything though )

The key is getting Crushing blow when you can and meeting your IAS breakpoint without fanaticism. With zeal and a phase blade unique or rune word though the 72% is not that hard for the 4 frame zeal...if you can stand 5 (I cant) then its even easier.

In general I've found the PvM build guides out there are a little off for economical use of points. Basically for pvm builds I take as much dex as I need to use my phaseblade (because anything else is too hard to reach the highest speed break point without fanatacism) with my charms or whatever source i have...then ramp up holy shield enough to get 75% block with a HoZ...the set numbers like 10 are useless really and are very random...extra defense doesnt help me so much because that life tap goes off a ridiculous amount anyways. Max out your aura and its main resist synergy and if you want more physical damage (I like it) pump it into sacrifice and keep zeal low unless you need more AR (but with the highish dex you should be ok). Obviously str you need to look at your heaviest items blah blah blah keep it low...rest in vitality...If you wanted more aura damage obviously use salvation but I think the increase is really low for that synergy and would rather pump it into either physical damage or holy shield if im being defensive....rarely if you want an aura hybrid you could pump those but I find not having a "main" aura confusing with all the switching around and stuff and you cant base your gear towards one direction as much.

Questions on specifics or more info feel free to ask or pm me. Useless flames just keep them to yourself...it works...it can be cheap...compared to a twinked out pvp it stands no chance ..duh...compared to a hammerdin it wont kill as fast...duh....I found these builds fun though.

EDIT: On a side note I know when I get bored enough Im going to make builds based on certain sets. Always wanted to use sazabi and the disciple for some reason...too bad both use armor or i could have used them both at the same time...that would have been some nice stacked bonuses.

Last edited by DamonGalos; 2005-05-20 at 11:01 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-20, 11:14 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "What no zealots? *gasp* Freezadins..."
Wheres a good Javazon guide? I cant find one via google...
Thats what Im concentrating on right now...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-05-20, 12:18 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "Wheres a good Javazon guide? I cant..."
Well i think you should try a hybrid poison/bow zon they are great fun. if you want to just try one out i can let you try it out on my account to see if you like it. just let me know. My PSN zon does not have the best gear but she would give you a good idea as to how the build plays.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-23, 12:28 AM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "Well i think you should try a hybrid..."
Fun build means you actually owns people.

Bow sorc owns most other builds and cheap.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2005-05-24, 08:59 AM in reply to Ganga's post starting "Fun build means you actually owns..."
when i say fun, i mean enjoyable to play. I actually do own alot of people in public duels. But this build is not one for serious duels because most people look down upon poison based attacks. FYI I do like 75k damage over 19 seconds. So basically if i hit someone they are screwed.
Think not disdainfully of death, but look on it with favor; for even death is one of the things that Nature wills.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
tidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweentidus2005 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

tidus2005

Posted 2005-05-24, 08:15 PM in reply to tidus2005's post starting "when i say fun, i mean enjoyable to..."
<3 antidote pots.

Chances are I'm going to make a pure foher. But with a twist. He is going to use full grizz set with 12x 5-5 lite die facets. Should be fun.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-24, 09:39 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "<3 antidote pots. Chances are I'm..."
rich bastard.....

lifes a bitch and then we die, so i say lets all get high
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thadeous-time

Posted 2005-05-25, 02:09 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "<3 antidote pots. Chances are I'm..."
Sovereign said:
<3 antidote pots.

Chances are I'm going to make a pure foher. But with a twist. He is going to use full grizz set with 12x 5-5 lite die facets. Should be fun.
Sounds fun but its an incredible waste of resources and facets. I thought you wanted something cheap? Im surprised you're choosing something thats more expensive probably than the real deal and not as effective all at the same time. Style points for using the Griswold set though.

EDIT: I keep forgetting you're not on Ladder so Griffon Eyes might be harder to come by for you...but still....Let me know how it works. Of course Ive got no moral highground for "fun" builds after my Witchwild Zon (which worked pretty darn well I must say prior to Faith comming out and demolishing the point of the build vs a WF build) and actually making an IK Barb just to use the IK set once.

Last edited by DamonGalos; 2005-05-25 at 02:12 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDamonGalos is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-25, 09:00 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "Sounds fun but its an incredible waste..."
My friend hasn't played in forever cause he could never make a char he liked. If he wants this build I'd make it for him and I'd get to play it ^.^

Btw grizz set has a helm. I wouldnt need a griffs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-25, 10:20 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "My friend hasn't played in forever..."
Sovereign said:
My friend hasn't played in forever cause he could never make a char he liked. If he wants this build I'd make it for him and I'd get to play it ^.^

Btw grizz set has a helm. I wouldnt need a griffs.

You missed my point Sov. I know griz is weapon, helm, shield, armor but I was saying I think it would have been more effective if you were using like a griff eye, crescent, hoz, enigma instead or whatever other combo you wanted than the grizz set. I somehow doubt its more expensive. The griff and enigma can be pricey I suppose (3-6 ist for decent griff 10+ for perf....4 ist for enigma or so...) but compared to 12 5/5 lit die facets??? On east ladder at least that could cost you up to 24 ists by themselves....maybe less if you were finding good deals of course but on average...

Eitherway my point was even if it all cost the same I think the non griz setup would be superior (nevermind stats you save with the enigma or whatever)...but I think that there should be a style point and a "fun" point so do what you want man.

If it works let me know I'd love to use the griz set for something one of these days.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-25, 11:27 PM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "You missed my point Sov. I know griz..."
And you missed my point. I have a v/T that uses an foh stick, a bugged tals, and a griffs that does 8,396 damage. I DONT need another powerhouse mass damage machine. I DOnt need more ownage chars.And besides, shiney ownage is funny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Sovereign

Posted 2005-05-26, 06:20 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "And you missed my point. I have a v/T..."
frostadin :P

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
thadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenthadeous-time is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

thadeous-time

Posted 2005-05-26, 09:51 AM in reply to thadeous-time's post starting "frostadin :P"
thadeous-time said:
frostadin :P
That was my vote too in that case!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DamonGalos

Posted 2005-05-26, 10:25 AM in reply to DamonGalos's post starting "That was my vote too in that case! :)"
ya but he hates them, so thats y i said that, isnt taht right sovereign-poo lol

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

thadeous-time