Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Posted 2008-08-12, 01:58 PM
My brother-in-law is going to be playing this game when it comes out. Does anyone else plan on trying it out? I've heard it's pretty good but I haven't decided whether I want to play or not.

What are your opinions?

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-12, 02:37 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning"
i will be playing this when it comes out, i got a few buddies of mine who were heavy into warhammer tabletop - my buddy was like a defending champion in a couple tournaments. He is going to play a chaos something, i think the melee fighter i forget his name, and so to enhance him im gonna play a goblin shaman, should be a very good game
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 02:49 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "i will be playing this when it comes..."
"Enter a grim fantasy world where the armies of Order (Dwarfs, High Elves, and Empire) and Destruction (Greenskins, Dark Elves, and Chaos) collide to determine the fate of nations."

Good and evil must fight yet again? How innovative.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-08-12, 02:54 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting ""Enter a grim fantasy world where the..."
what game doesnt put good vs evil?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 06:24 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "what game doesnt put good vs evil?"
Kazilla said: [Goto]
what game doesnt put good vs evil?

Primarily games by nihilistic game developers. Unfortunately, there aren't many of them. Deus Ex and Fallout 2 are prima examples, but as far as MMO games go, PlanetSide is the only one that comes to mind (due to its utilization of three, fairly neutral factions which players can become part of).
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-08-12, 07:16 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Primarily games by nihilistic game..."
Spore will be somewhat of a neutral game I think. There won't be an actual "Evil" just bigger predators.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-08-12, 07:40 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Primarily games by nihilistic game..."
im not very experience in Fallout, but from the preview i got from e3 i saw that you are a marine, with a nifty watch. and you are running through DC in the future trying to ____________? But in any case you are there to accomplish a goal - unfortunetly on your way there are evil marines (idk are they zombies? or just bad guys) that you must clear through in order to get to your objective.

When i finished writing that i think i remember the guy who did the demo saying you can actually talk your way through the game? as in not have to fight. In that case then yea i could see it being a nuetral game. But if at any point you have to go up against any object be it through fighting or, the need to have an enhanced ability of persuasion. I would consider that Good Vs Evil.

Even in 'A Bugs Life' (for playstation 1) it was good vs evil. A good bug, trying to save his colony, against the evil bugs. Solitare even, you are the good player trying to get the cards in order, and the evil computer doesnt let it happen - you have to beat it.

My friend told me everything in the world can be boiled down to 50/50. If there are 3 people; Shirley, Nancy, and Amanda, and only 1 apple. What are the odds of Amanda getting it? Most people say 1/3'rd but in fact amanda has a 50/50 chance. She is either going to get it or she isnt.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-08-12, 10:51 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning"
I'm in the beta. Nothing really special about it other then the graphics.....

I havn't played it much though. Havn't had much free time.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2008-08-13, 09:23 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "I'm in the beta. Nothing really..."
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz
Tim
I know you
said not to
deal w/ them
I didn't think
I'm lost and
I'm sorry
They Know
Run
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
jamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed itjamer123 shouldn't have fed it

jamer123

Posted 2008-08-13, 02:54 PM in reply to jamer123's post starting "Sovereign enjoys the static noises of..."
The great wisdom of Jamer has convinced me to buy this game.

Thank you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-07, 12:21 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "The great wisdom of Jamer has convinced..."
this game is closeing in on us and the need to start organzing has come! whos actually going to play? not many answered spector's post.

im going to play a goblin shaman with about 4 other friends of mine. should we organize a zelaron guild before the actual release as to prevent server spread?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-07, 01:28 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "this game is closeing in on us and the..."
update

I have just made a warhammer social group, with enough people joining i think we should think about a hosted section? possibly for a guild or just a generalized section for us....

[PC] Warhammer

Last edited by Kazilla; 2008-09-07 at 10:28 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kazilla