Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Need... Help?
Posted 2006-08-29, 11:39 AM
Okay... Im getting proficient with flash, photoshop, and all... But I need to render my creations so I'm not constantly having to draw a new pose, scan, color, and shade. It is SOOOO time consuming. I need a good, basic(if... thats the word...) 3d renderer with cel-shading capabilities. 3dsmax looks good... But Then again, so complicated. If I'm looking in the right direction, then by all means, say so. I'm making an anime fanservice that alot of people are looking forward to, and I want it to be as consistent as big industry name's work. I'm just looking for something to pose ragdolls I create and they have to be:

1. Able to be cel-shaded without having to press a button sequence whenever I want to pose the model.

2. Number 1.

Thanks.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-29, 12:08 PM in reply to Atnas's post "Need... Help?"
Atnas said:
Okay... Im getting proficient with flash, photoshop, and all... But I need to render my creations so I'm not constantly having to draw a new pose, scan, color, and shade. It is SOOOO time consuming. I need a good, basic(if... thats the word...) 3d renderer with cel-shading capabilities. 3dsmax looks good... But Then again, so complicated. If I'm looking in the right direction, then by all means, say so. I'm making an anime fanservice that alot of people are looking forward to, and I want it to be as consistent as big industry name's work. I'm just looking for something to pose ragdolls I create and they have to be:

1. Able to be cel-shaded without having to press a button sequence whenever I want to pose the model.

2. Number 1.

Thanks.
You looking for something free? Goto www.daz3d.com
For a limited time you can download Bryce 5.0 free. Or you can download DAZ Studio (which has always been free) Both of those applications will allow you to render, but I have to say the quality is not as great as some of the premium programs out there that cost near a thousand dollars.

If your looking to buy a program to render with, try google the Mental Ray renderer. I hear that one is the best.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-08-31, 02:50 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "You looking for something free? Goto..."
One question. CAN THEY CEL-SHADE?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-08-31, 03:03 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "One question. CAN THEY CEL-SHADE?"
Cel shading isnt a rendering technique in 3d, its a material technique, like bump mapping. And yes those programs have the means to let you alter the materials of objects to make it look 'cartoonish'.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2006-09-01, 02:16 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Cel shading isnt a rendering technique..."
http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials...g_tut_main.asp
this will explain everything you want to know about cel shading. You can try maya free edition is free but not for commercial.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2006-09-01, 03:25 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "http://www.3dtotal.com/ffa/tutorials/max..."
It's a bastard to install, Maya. Takes years! And it slows the computer down. An duses up too much space.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-01, 07:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It's a bastard to install, Maya. Takes..."
Depending on which pc you use Lenny it could be worse. One of yours has about the same computational power as this solar-powered casio calculator I have right here =O.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2006-09-02, 12:29 AM in reply to Atnas's post "Need... Help?"
That looks pretty nice IMO. Uh although I'm not sure if your looking to get like Windwaker style cause that's not what I would say this http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3297 is.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2006-09-02, 06:30 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Depending on which pc you use Lenny it..."
It could be because ours is 6 years old, P3 1000mhz processor, with only 512mb of RAM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-09-02, 09:20 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "It could be because ours is 6 years..."
W00t first post on XP...

Ahem. I'm looking for maybe an ikkle tutorial that would let me make an outline for around... 1.5 pixels wide, and have a fairly good shading option, no matter how complicated, that would let me make an object(personnnn) and have a few shades of color to indicate shading. Not gradient like in LoZ:TP, but yes, more like LoZ:WW. The thing that made WW look really cartoonish was the build of the characters, what with the abnormally large heads, no feet and big round eyes. That's all a matter of style, it's the shading technique I want, not the kiddie graphics, which I happened to like, to anyone who is looking for offense(get lost).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-09-02, 03:21 PM in reply to Atnas's post starting "W00t first post on XP... Ahem. I'm..."
Blender3D is free and highly complex yet simple to use.

It supports... everything? Cel-shading (is a material), bump map, ray tracing, built-in game engine and more.

www.blender3d.org
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2006-09-02, 06:23 PM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "Blender3D is free and highly complex..."
Okay, I'll check that out. *Removes terribly complicated 3dsmax7*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas