Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

(2 += 2) = ?
Posted 2008-09-29, 03:34 PM

That's it. Just 6. Or does it equal something else?

Does anyone not understand this?

I'm trying to get people thinking.

2 += 2 | 2 = 2 + 2 | Now, does that make sense?

I will state the answer in a moment.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-09-29 at 03:49 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 03:47 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "(2 += 2) = ?"
0 ?

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-29, 03:49 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "0 ?"
D3V said: [Goto]
0 ?

The answer was false.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 03:50 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "The answer was false."
Oh. I had seen (2+=2) .. which isn't even a problem.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-09-29, 03:52 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Oh. I had seen (2+=2) .. which isn't..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Oh. I had seen (2+=2) .. which isn't even a problem.

Actually, in programing it is. You can use something like "variable += 1" which is the same as saying "variable = variable + 1"

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:04 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Actually, in programing it is. You can..."
2 += 2 | 2 = 2 + 2 | OR

2 + x = 2 | 2 = 4 |

x = 0 | 2

x = 0/2

x = 0

false.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:14 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "2 += 2 | 2 = 2 + 2 | OR 2 + x = 2 |..."
| | Imply absolute value?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:22 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "| | Imply absolute value?"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
| | Imply absolute value?

No, I was not implying absolute value. I was just using "|" to separate my things.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:26 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post "(2 += 2) = ?"
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
2 += 2 | 2 = 2 + 2 | Now, does that make sense?

I will state the answer in a moment.
That was unfair. you added this info after D3V posted and made it so obvious that is is annoying.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:27 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "No, I was not implying absolute value. ..."
What exactly are you trying to ask?

The plus equals notation is invalid with a constant on the left. It just doesn't mean anything.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2008-09-29, 04:41 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "What exactly are you trying to ask? ..."
Medieval Bob said: [Goto]
What exactly are you trying to ask?

The plus equals notation is invalid with a constant on the left. It just doesn't mean anything.

I already wrote the answer, "false."

(2 += 2) = false

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 07:58 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I already wrote the answer, "false." ..."
Here's an easy one...

What is the output produced by this script?
x= 1;
for k= 8:-2:3
x= x+k;
disp(x)
end
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:20 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Here's an easy one... What is the..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said: [Goto]
Here's an easy one...

What is the output produced by this script?
x= 1;
for k= 8:-2:3
x= x+k;
disp(x)
end
This looks like, hmm, almost like BASIC language.

disp is a BASIC language trait.

Alright, this is not like a usual for statement, so I can't answer it. I also don't know BASIC language very well.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:23 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "This looks like, hmm, almost like BASIC..."
Lol, it's MATLAB, which is the only language I can write in besides Fortran.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:32 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Lol, it's MATLAB, which is the only..."
Grаν¡tоnЅurgе said: [Goto]
Lol, it's MATLAB, which is the only language I can write in besides Fortran.

I'm telling you right now, MATLAB is based on BASIC. As are many other languages.

If you've ever messed with a TI calculator, the language used is called TI-BASIC, which is based on basic, and similar in syntax.

Anyways, that's neato, I'd never heard or seen that language used before. I think I might learn it just for the fun of it.

Random PHPness.
PHP Code:
<?php
setSession
();
if (!
$_GET['kill']) {
 if (!
$_SESSION['test']) {

$_SESSION['test'] = 0;
 }
 else {

$test $_SESSION['test'];
  echo 
$test;
 }
}
elseif (
$_GET['kill']=="now") {

unlink($_SESSION['test']);
}
else {

// This will never appear
}
?>

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-09-29 at 08:35 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:35 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I'm telling you right now, MATLAB is..."
Goodlookinguy said: [Goto]
I'm telling you right now, MATLAB is based on BASIC.

Thank you
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav

Posted 2008-09-29, 08:51 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "Thank you"
do
line (20,20)-(40,40); CLR:R
do loop while end keys = ""

something like that? Qbasic was so much fun sophomore year.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-09-29, 09:00 PM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "do line (20,20)-(40,40); CLR:R do..."
Kazilla said: [Goto]
do
line (20,20)-(40,40); CLR:R
do loop while end keys = ""

something like that? Qbasic was so much fun sophomore year.

Yeah, something like that. BASIC is written line by line. MATLAB is broken by semi-colons which separates it from BASIC. However, it uses the same terms by which BASIC programs are built upon.

Also, just so everybody knows, BASIC is called BASIC for more than the words it stands for. It was made easy so that people could pick it up easily, but I always found it to be too loose.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy