Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III > Diablo I & II

Post builds?
Posted 2003-11-10, 01:52 PM
I haven't made either of these, but my friends are and they are pretty much first time D2 LoD Bnet players.

I need strong, but easy builds that don't require badass gear for a Paladin and a Necromancer.
need a lod cdkey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2003-11-10, 03:32 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Um, Sovereign might be able to help ya most with Duel Necros. But I think I can help out with Swarm Necros. Alright, this is basically a way to make a mass skelly build. Although it was more effective in the previous patch when you literally had skellies = to number of skill points invested, the new patch subtracts quantity and gives you quality. Also note, that swarms aren't so hot against bosses unless you use a differen't procedure. For those that say Skellies suck, duel wise, yes, maggots, yes, Baal and Diablo, yes. The rest of the Game, No, They Own and can also save your team from Lightning Enchants.

Stats: How to Invest Your Points. This is for Softcore.
Lvl 1 - 5 Points into Stre (Allows you to wear decent armor).
Lvl 2- 2 Points Vital / 3 Points Energy
Lvl 3- 2 Points Vital / 3 Points Energy
AND REPEAT.

For Hardcore (Although you can also do this in Softcore if you want more life) Just reverse, putting 3 points into Vital, and 2 into energy. If you have access to mana charms easily or sojs and such, you can even sacrifice more mana and do 4 points vital, and 1 energy, although I suggest 2.

According to 1.10 patch, after the first 3 points (and 3 skellies), you then have to use 3 points for additional skellies. Also, I noticed mages (although always having lower health than Warriors even before patch), no longer are able to take hits like they used to, Warriors are extremely pumped up now and are superior to Mages. Therefore this one build can be taken two ways.

First way - Warriors (And Revives *optional*) With Bone Spirits.

Start off by putting your early Den and level skills into Warriors until you have 4 warriors total. Then work up on mastery until about level 8 or 9. Then once more work up on warriors until both numbers match exactly. (REMEMBER: to exclude bonus mods from wands such as +1 Mastery. DO NOT count them when Evening the two skills). After that, just put 1 point in each and keep them even until both are mastered, although sacrificing points for a new golem or curse when needed (although amplify is pretty good for the most part). As soon as you enter A2 on Normal, get a Combat merc for prayer and keep it alive! When you've mastered them, work on bone spirits (So you can handle your own boss battles, early on count on your friends). Optional is to put a point or few into Revives for extra golems =D

Way 2 - Warriors and Mages. (Revives *optional*)

You wont handle bosses but you'll have one hell of a swarm. Same thing as above only after you reach level 12. Put some points into mages until you get about 3 or so. Then continue to max out warriors and mastery, once finished, finish up on mages. Lower resist will be handy although amplify as well. Revives can help as extra golems. Do not forget A2 Prayer Merc!

Important: Always have Terror Curse. When the enemy swarm is greater than yours, scare half away! This will save you for those 'impossible' battles, especially in Act 4. Have Fun!
"You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"
"Im about to overload my aggression inhibitors"

"It says....push any key...er um, which one is the 'any' key?"

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2003-11-10, 04:34 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Well i seen many necro and when it come to the mage they are not really worth it. As for the revive they are deff. not wanted.

Well here is what i would do.

PvM

20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Raise Skeleton
1 Summon Resist
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
10 Bone Wall
7 bone prison

PvP

17 Teeth
20 Bone Spear
20 Bone Spirit
20 Bone Wall
20 Bone Prison
5 Lower Resist
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-10, 07:36 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Yea thats what I did, my skeletons are doing great except i don't know how i will be able to do hell...
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-10, 09:14 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Well, if your alone you always got your merc and spell for your first kill. Else it's plain easy.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-11, 07:31 AM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Yeah, also if you need some skellies, you can always stop by BM or Cold Plains, hack a few easy guys and get their bodies. Its easier that way if you have little to no bodies in the later acts. As for revives, yeah they're not THAT great at all, but I like the idea that they make extra golems. With 1 point into it, my gear normally boost them enough to have more than 1, so basically they're just there to take hits in between. (Think, even if 1 monster hits your revive instead of your skelly, that just gives your skellies free hits and a longer healing time from your prayer merc). But hell, if you use a wall instead, thats also good, but I dont block my guys from rushing towards the enemies. If anything I use Terror. Most say that curse sucks, well most dont know how it feels like to be a necro in arcane with 20 wraiths flying towards you and a zon and sorc behind you who rather shoot away rather than let you run behind them for safety. Not to mention in duels you can just cast terror on their merc / golem so thats one less thing you deal with.

"Knowledge is Power. Power--Leads to Corruption. So we all go to school to be Evil!"
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
StarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenStarcraftGhost is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

StarcraftGhost

Posted 2003-11-11, 10:44 AM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
and get a might merc in act 2 alp as soon as you get there and level together with him, it saves time and your skeletons will own
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between-ice- is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

-ice-

Posted 2003-11-11, 06:35 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Well my merc has 1300 life and a fair def rating and in a 6 player game a zombie will kill him in like 6 hit in hell...he has 10% life leech too
Proud Clan W@R Member
htt://www.fallenarms.com
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Trail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTrail is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Trail

Posted 2003-11-11, 07:04 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Thanks guys. Now what about a Paladin?
need a lod cdkey
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
eellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeneellis2132 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

eellis2132

Posted 2003-11-11, 07:21 PM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
For PvM Blessed Hammer paly are the best.

http://www.zelaron.com/forums/showth...threadid=24084

Read this thread and you should find all you need
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Kuja

Posted 2003-11-12, 10:23 AM in reply to eellis2132's post "builds?"
Kuja is right. This hammer paladin owned so lovely in this game. He used meditation / Conviction Combo with my bone spear, lower resist and bone wall. I think the only problem I had when I made it was getting the mana, so I had to carry lots of mana pots since I dont have access to good gear in HC ladder.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

StarcraftGhost