Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Post Is SWG good?
Posted 2003-07-31, 01:17 PM
Well the beta was awful, have they improved it since then?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Xenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeXenn shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Xenn

Posted 2003-07-31, 05:29 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
NGM and Zeal really seam to like it a lot, and I think Grav likes it too. A lot of other players despise it though, so I guess it's a hit or miss. I'll probably be checking it out soon.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-07-31, 05:47 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
uncapped said:
NGM and Zeal really seam to like it a lot, and I think Grav likes it too. A lot of other players despise it though, so I guess it's a hit or miss. I'll probably be checking it out soon.
I know 5 people who play it, they all love it, and like you said NGM and Zeal like it. I want it, but can't afford atm
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-07-31, 11:38 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
you cant afford the monthly fee or the cost of the game? if you cant afford the cost of the game go sell all your old nes/snes/genesis/ps1 etc games/systems to gamestop or gamecrazy.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-08-01, 01:22 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
Okay, in about a week I've seen 95% of the content in the game

I have nothing left to do

ZzzzZzzz

Biding my time until the 'big patch' in 2 weeks
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-08-01, 03:22 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
i bought it..... and im happy as hell i bought the warranty, cuz the game sux, and the reason is that it is non-linear... and for u idiots that dont know what im talking about, i mean that the has too much shit and nothing prompting me to move forward... even if i could be a jedi from the start, i wouldnt want to play it.... unless it was more like JK2
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
r0xx0rs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenr0xx0rs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

r0xx0rs

Posted 2003-08-01, 11:49 AM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
Yeah once I hit novice Pistoleer I realized uh.. what am I doing?

1) My character won't be able to PvP well
2) I can already solo ANYTHING in the game except for like those fucking rebel/imperial mission mobs with 1000+ dmg a hit
3) 250,000 exp, then 350,000 exp, then 450,000 exp is.. uh.. boring.
4) A large percentage of the monsters in this game are from about a dozen original monsters that have been renamed, recolored and rescaled to create about sixty new monsters.
5) Tupac isn't dead. I saw him at Endor right before they sped up Jax.
6) I really don't have a reason to cap my character... I can pretty much exploit exp any way I want to do it.. but.. that's a problem right there, theres like 80 ways to exploit your exp right now..
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-08-01, 02:04 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
yea i completely agree with grav, i played the game for 2 weeks reached novice pistoleer and novice Ch, and welll i got bored, had nothing to aim for except becoming a master pistoleer which would get boring
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Radzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRadzkull is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Radzkull

Posted 2003-08-01, 02:44 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
From what my cousin and friends say, its all about building a community.. something about houses and stuff for each other. That is what makes me want the game. I love working together with friends and building something.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Acer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAcer enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Acer

Posted 2003-08-01, 04:18 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
ughhhh i hate working together.... groupings good sometimes, but i dont like working with other people or grping with people, cuz people are retarded and it just wastes my time (and in th case of DaoC exp too).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
r0xx0rs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenr0xx0rs is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

r0xx0rs

Posted 2003-08-01, 05:53 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
r0xx0rs said:
ughhhh i hate working together.... groupings good sometimes, but i dont like working with other people or grping with people, cuz people are retarded and it just wastes my time (and in th case of DaoC exp too).
I agree, but the people I am working with are my cousin and friends. None of them are retarded at all, all elite gamers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-08-02, 06:42 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
yea me and ngm are in a guild and we are building our city as we speak. you should see our house. its a fuckin mansion.

Twenty-eight days... six hours... forty-two minutes... twelve seconds. That, is when the world will end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
zeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenzeal311 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

zeal311

Posted 2003-08-02, 10:36 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
zeal311 said:
yea me and ngm are in a guild and we are building our city as we speak. you should see our house. its a fuckin mansion.
SS it moe! I wanna see lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Acer

Posted 2003-08-04, 08:32 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
Heh, I'll take a few SS of it tonight.

The game is fun as hell. Also, I agree, Pistoleer is kind of boring. So then I decided to go BH. And I've been having the so much more fun. I'm already an Expert BH (meaning I have BH Pistol IV) and I am pretty close to Carbine II. Of course, Investigation and LLC are hard to get, but I've already seen people with the titles Investigator and Avenger (meaning they have Inv. IV and LLC IV). They abuse the use of Rancors, Gurrecks, and Frenzied Grauls and just use them as tanks to protect them against the guys they bounty hunt. Of course, this is getting nerfed.

One of the main aspects of the game is that you HAVE to make friends to assist you when you hunt on the harder planets like dathomir (unless you abuse auto insurance and run up to a lair, spam your best attack, get the shitloads of money and the 4k exp, then just die and do it again... of course, this is getting nerfed as well)

And, if you don't want to be VERY FAR BEHIND, then I wouldn't suggest playing... some people are already Masters of whatever they do, but you can always catch up, and I'll help you any way I can.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2003-08-05, 01:59 PM in reply to Xenn's post "Is SWG good?"
Boring.

Last edited by GravitonSurge; 2003-12-27 at 01:50 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Grav