Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

What was the last movie you saw?
Posted 2009-07-30, 09:11 AM
I saw Bruno a few weeks ago, and it was alright. Disturbingly funny. Even moreso than Borat. Kind of glad I convinced my girl not to go to I Love You, Beth Cooper. I'm a sucker for Hayden Panettiere, but I heard that movie was just a shitpile, and you don't even get to see her naked!
What about you guys?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-07-30, 09:28 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "What was the last movie you saw?"
I'm not exactly what the last movie I went to see was. I think it was The Hangover or Up. I have horrible recollection of timelines (left side of my brain doesn't work as well as the right). But I would definitely recommend either of them very much so. I've also seen the new Night at the Museum (in Imax) and it was wonderful. If you liked the first one you will probably like this one as well.

I want to go watch Ice Age in 3D and IMAX, as well as Taking Pelham 123.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-30, 10:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "I'm not exactly what the last movie I..."
I think Watchmen in IMAX was the last movie I went to see. Haven't been to see a movie since I've been single, it's too depressing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2009-07-30, 10:39 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think Watchmen in IMAX was the last..."
The Hangover

My cheeks literally hurt after the movie from laughing so hard.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-07-30, 12:24 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "The Hangover My cheeks literally..."
Harry Potter and the Way too Many Pages.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2009-07-30, 01:34 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I think Watchmen in IMAX was the last..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I think Watchmen in IMAX was the last movie I went to see. Haven't been to see a movie since I've been single, it's too depressing.

QFT.

Apart from the single bit.

As in the last film I saw was Watchmen at the IMAX - we got four people in for a tenner. Bargain! Tickets are usually £8.something each, but all four of us had student cards, and it was Orange Wednesday (2 for 1 if you text Orange).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-07-30, 02:54 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "QFT. Apart from the single bit. ..."
I love those student deals. It's Monday nights where I go to college, and you can get $3 off with your student ID. Pretty much pay matinee price of $5 for a night time showing. Still not too bad.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2009-07-30, 03:02 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I love those student deals. It's Monday..."
Yeah here at our local AMC there's a $2 discount I think with student/military ID, not too bad of a deal. Actually I think all movies from Mon-Thurs are $5 and Fri/Sat/Sun are $10 all showings now, blah.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2009-07-30, 03:39 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yeah here at our local AMC there's a $2..."
I think ours are 10%, rather than money off.

It's not a huge amount, but when you can use your student card more or less everywhere you go on a day out, you do end up saving quite a bit of cash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2009-08-03, 11:07 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post "What was the last movie you saw?"
Harry Potter.

I love Draco and Luna.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-08-03, 01:32 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Harry Potter. :) I love Draco and..."
The Taking of Pelham 123. I got roped into it somehow.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2009-08-03, 01:38 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The Taking of Pelham 123. I got roped..."
Went this last Thursday night to go watch Bruno. It might be the gayest movies I have ever seen in my entire life, literally. But at the same time it was geniunely hilarious and the uncomfortable-ness in this movie is through the roof. I would definitely recommend anyone that likes Borat to go check this movie out as well.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2009-08-03, 04:37 PM in reply to Grav's post starting "The Taking of Pelham 123. I got roped..."
Grav said: [Goto]
The Taking of Pelham 123. I got roped into it somehow.
Bad movie.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2009-09-06, 12:29 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Bad movie."
If HoH doesn't mind, I'm changing this to "What was the last movie you saw?" - it will hopefully get more activity that way.

---

This weekend I've watched:

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
2010: The Year We Make Contact
Tideland

And I'm currently in the middle of Sleepy Hollow.

Three Terry Gilliams, two with Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci, which neatly ties my weekend viewings of Terry Gilliam films to the Tim Burton film. The Sci-Fi classic was simply that.

Interesting how Tim Burton films always have big name actors in them...

And it was interesting to see that Gilliam can do so many different styles of film.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-06, 12:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If HoH doesn't mind, I'm changing this..."
What did you think of Fear and Loathing?

Last movie I watched: Miracle at St. Anna - great WWII movie, I definitely recommend it to everyone.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Thanatos

Posted 2009-09-06, 12:56 PM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "What did you think of Fear and..."
Strange. Very, very strange. There was no discernible plot, but the effects were good, and the drug taking was truly outrageous - the first scene in the car was hilarious. And I found the scenes in the flooded hotel room very surreal.

I'd be interested to know how true to life the effects of the drugs were.

EDIT: Sleep Hollow is an... interesting film. Some of the acting is very shaky, but Christopher Walken makes up for it with has badass Headless Horseman.

Last edited by Lenny; 2009-09-06 at 01:17 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-07, 09:21 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Strange. Very, very strange. There was..."
District 9. And I fucking loved it.

KagomJack said:
My girth isn't anything to bitch and moan about in long, elaborate paragraphs.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzJRwakebord enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

JRwakebord

Posted 2009-09-07, 11:43 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If HoH doesn't mind, I'm changing this..."
Lenny said: [Goto]
Interesting how Tim Burton films always have big name actors in them...

Tim Burton is a god in his own little niche.

Last movie I saw...Half Blood Prince.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Jessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusionJessifer read his obituary with confusion

Jessifer

Posted 2009-09-07, 12:29 PM in reply to Jessifer's post starting "Tim Burton is a god in his own little..."
Any good? Everyone I know says it's rather bad the first time they see it (which isn't surprising - the book wasn't much), but that it gets better on second viewing.

JR - District 9. Tell me about ittt!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2009-09-08, 10:47 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Any good? Everyone I know says it's..."
I enjoyed the movie a lot. Certain scenes were very well done (The cave at the end), and I love Luna and Draco.

I want to see 9, though. Like, a lot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Jessifer