Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2012-11-19, 10:19 AM in reply to Skurai's post starting "So wait, how/why is he doing this on..."
Skurai, go read the first post.

Also, I just turned it on. It's a bit insane.... maxed out my CPU and GPU power instantly. Clearly I should be running this when I'm not on the computer.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>

Last edited by Asamin; 2012-11-19 at 10:23 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-19, 10:37 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Skurai, go read the first post. ..."
I'm pretty sure you can have it run in the background and use resources based on your other use. It basically detects when you are idle and runs then, IIRC.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-19, 11:20 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I'm pretty sure you can have it run in..."
I can't find such a option though everything I do seems to run fine so I believe it is simply using up whatever processing power isn't being used by other applications.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-11-19, 11:49 AM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I can't find such a option though..."
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does it by default. If nothing else, you could pretty easily set it up to automatically run at certain hours just using Windows scheduling features.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-11-20, 08:42 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I was planning on folding@home all..."
How the fuck am I on this list? Did you pull it from somewhere? I don't use Folding@home, or at least I used to with my PS3.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2012-11-20, 08:53 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "How the fuck am I on this list? Did you..."
Wed-G said: [Goto]
How the fuck am I on this list? Did you pull it from somewhere? I don't use Folding@home, or at least I used to with my PS3.
I just pulled the information straight from here -> http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...teamnum=143204

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2017-11-13, 11:25 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I just pulled the information straight..."
Anyone know if the protein folding has led to anything? I've been folding every year since 2012 about 3 times out of the year for about a month each time. So I would like to see some reassurance that it's not just a waste of the electricity which is expensive here.

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2017-11-14, 02:50 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Anyone know if the protein folding has..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

It's more like populating an information data bank for researchers to (freely) utilize than actually solving specific problems. The folding itself isn't likely to accomplish anything, it's the research and the researchers who use the data that will accomplish that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2017-11-15, 01:04 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@ho..."
I failed here. I didn't even think about checking Wikipedia.

However, I understand what you mean. I suppose I'll keep folding then as there's nothing wrong with a large bank of data for scientists.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy