Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Batman Vs. Spiderman: Who's a better Superhero?
Batman 5 41.67%
Spiderman 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Persuasive Speech
Posted 2004-11-06, 11:03 PM
Ok I need a poll for a persuasive speech I'm doing so which one is better Batman or Spiderman?

Also if you know of some places where I can get some facts on Batman and Spiderman's Lair's and which one has better sex appeal I'd love to have them .
"The belonging you seek is not behind you, it's ahead."
--Maz Kanata
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Silverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSilverjinx18 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Silverjinx18

Posted 2004-11-06, 11:36 PM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Persuasive Speech"
I dont know about information on SEX APPEAL, but try marvelcomics.com. Also just Google fansites.

P.S. Spider-Man would win in a brawl, whereas Batman may have quick reflexes, creative thinking, problem solving abilities, and nifty gadgets, they are no match for Spider-Man's even quicker reflexes, super strength, webbing technology, ability to cling, flexibility, and most importantly Spider Sense (tm). However he does not have wheels like Batman, so all the fly honeys may be swayed into the latter's direction.
ALTHOUGH, it IS only a two seater, or is it a one seater? I cant remember. Either way, there will definately be an excess of dope bitches left behind due to Batmans lack of passanger seating... So maybe Spider-Man could be left holding his head up high.
However you must consider all the small hairs on his body allowing him the ability to walk and cling to walls, ceilings, and other objects... Most women would consider that a turn-off.

Anyway. My two cents. Go figure. I cant believe I put so much thought into this.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2004-11-06 at 11:39 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-07, 07:38 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "I dont know about information on SEX..."
spiderman's a better superhero because, with all what dfd said, he's also smart too...... and i think he could get places faster than batman could go with his batmobile
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-07, 09:19 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Persuasive Speech"
I don't know many facts, but I have a few reasons why I chose Spiderman. Not only in the movies has Spiderman clearly fought and defeated more badass enemies, but he also faster, has "spidey" sense, and is stronger (Clearly indicated by punching people across a room in Ep. 1, and holding up that huge structure at the end in Ep. 2).

Sex appeal? I'd have to say Batman wins simply because he is a genius and has more women experience (Also due to that fact that he is older).

Oh, and Spidey doesn't have a "lair", but Batman has a badass one. Also, on a side note, Batman needed a sidekick and had a servant helping him stay organized, while Spiderman was a loner and based everything on his instincts.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-07, 09:43 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I don't know many facts, but I have a..."
Batman's superpower is his erroneously large sums of money that he has stuffed away everywhere... his billions.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2004-11-07, 08:34 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Batman's superpower is his erroneously..."
i picked Batman because Batman has something that Spiderman could NEVER have...

ALFRED!!!

What spidey-bitch, eat that! hahahahaha
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-11-07, 08:35 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "i picked Batman because Batman has..."
Batman would pwn Spiderman any day. Bitch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beMantralord seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Mantralord

Posted 2004-11-07, 09:54 PM in reply to Mantralord's post starting "Batman would pwn Spiderman any day. ..."
You're an idiot.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Titusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beTitusfied seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-08, 03:17 AM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "You're an idiot."
Obviously batman would have all of the ladies, nobody likes spiderman.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2004-11-08, 04:19 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Obviously batman would have all of the..."
Batman. Why? He can take down Superman, and Supes would obliterate Spiderman.

Here's a better explanation. Batman has a mind that can cripple even the toughest of opponents. His brain is a perfect engine of ultimate fear and he is the expert in learning and manipulating the insecurities and fears of his opponents.

Peter Parker is a 20-something year old kid with severe insecurities and a massive lack of faith in himself.

Batman's battles are not waged solely with fists. The fact is, he could beat Peter Parker into complete submission with words alone. All the "spidey sense" in the universe won't save him when he starts doubting his own abilities after having 20 years of his worst fears and failures hurled into his face simultaneously. Batman is capable of defeating any human opponent, because he understands every inch of the human condition, especially in the area of it's flaws.

Peter Parker doesn't have the willpower to best the Dark Knight. It's a kid with superpowers vs. the Devil himself. No contest.

Last edited by Raziel; 2004-11-08 at 04:22 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-08, 08:12 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Batman. Why? He can take down..."
Batman is human, not some superhero with special abilities. He simply has cool gadgets. He doesn't know anything about Spiderman, so how could he possibly figure out his insecurities? Not one punch or kick from Batman would even harm Spidey in the least. If Batman got hit with a spool of web, which he would, this contest is over before it started.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-08, 08:19 AM in reply to Silverjinx18's post "Persuasive Speech"
Batman. Because my name is Robin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-11-08, 06:11 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Batman is human, not some superhero..."
incorrect, batman would get himself out of it. And yes, he IS human. That is what makes him a fuckin baller. Batman would spot Peter Parker and instaneously know that his is Spiderman. He would then capture Mary-Jane, rape her if he chooses and lure spiderman into his Bat Cave. GG spidey is done.

Spiderman is not immortal and Batman is 100x smarter.

I also think that what makes a superhero better than another is not solely the ability to beat the shit outta the other. I think it should be based on his attitude, structure, capabilities, interaction with the public, villians he fights...etc. Batman is great because you can easily spot the underlying social issues of the time. Spiderman is just a boyhood fantasy if you ask me.

Last edited by Mydogisyourdog; 2004-11-08 at 10:59 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-11-08, 10:40 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "Batman is human, not some superhero..."
Titusfied said:
Batman is human, not some superhero with special abilities. He simply has cool gadgets. He doesn't know anything about Spiderman, so how could he possibly figure out his insecurities? Not one punch or kick from Batman would even harm Spidey in the least. If Batman got hit with a spool of web, which he would, this contest is over before it started.
Titus, Bats is a detective. It is his life to learn the secrets of his enemies. Example: at one point Batman was expelled from the Justice League because he spent weeks researching the backgrounds and secrets of the other JLA members. He formed an airtight plan with which he could cripple any of the JLA members should they go rogue. That means Batman, a normal guy with no superpowers, is and was capable of taking down Superman (who is basically immortal), Wonder Woman (same), Green Lantern (who can split atoms with his power ring), Aquaman (the sole ruler of all of Atlantis), Martian Manhunter (10 times the badass that Spiderman is) and the Flash (who can move so fast he can travel through time). Batman was intellectually capable of learning the worst fears and secrets of the most powerful characters in the DC universe. Cracking the Peter Parker egg would take minutes for a guy like him.

Batman wins. No contest.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-08, 10:51 PM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Titus, Bats is a detective. It is his..."
Good argument.

Want some advice on stepping it up? Take Aquaman out of that list. We know he's supposed to be in there... Yes, he's a member of the Justice League, but... well, he's Aquaman.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2004-11-08, 10:58 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Good argument. Want some advice on..."
But he's the sole ruler of Atlantis!!!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-11-08, 11:28 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "But he's the sole ruler of Atlantis!!!!"
Bob, I, like every other comic nerd in the world, understand completely that Aquaman is a fucking joke. That's beside the point, however.

The guy can command sharks and whales to kick your ass. Sharks and whales. Batman can beat sharks and whales. Spiderman can't beat a Great White!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Raziel

Posted 2004-11-09, 07:42 AM in reply to Raziel's post starting "Titus, Bats is a detective. It is his..."
I guess I'm out of the loop with Comic books, and thank God. If they actually had the tenacity to have Batman defeat Superman, and all those others, a sad day has come over the comic book world. That is just ludicrous, and if you don't agree with that.. I don't know.

You can be the smartest guy in the world. If you are a human getting a single punch from a super-strong super hero, you will die instantly. Clear as day. Your ribs will calapse into your heart. Your head will be smashed in two. I just don't understand how the speed and strength of Superman was defeated? Granted Spidey is no Superman, but he is certainly 100 times stronger than Batman.

Comic books now suck in my mind. I have an itch to go a burn all 1000+ comic books I own. Or sell them.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Titusfied

Posted 2004-11-09, 03:51 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I guess I'm out of the loop with Comic..."
well....i am kind of going for batman now, ok you see titus in the justice league show on cartoon network, i saw this episode where he was fighting this guy that could smash WONDER WOMAN, which she also has super strength.... and i saw him HIT batman and batman still got back up.... so if i go by the show, i would now say batman would win, besides in that show he does very smart things like how wonder woman is attractive to him and wants to date him but batman declines even though he likes her too because they would just capture wonder woman batman would go after her
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887

Posted 2004-11-09, 05:15 PM in reply to Titusfied's post starting "I guess I'm out of the loop with Comic..."
1 word for you titus: Kryptonite.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mydogisyourdog