Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > RPGMaker

I need help......
Posted 2006-07-21, 03:32 PM
I need to know exactly how to use the switch command. I can't seem to figure it out so plz help me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tifa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTifa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tifa

Posted 2006-07-21, 03:36 PM in reply to Tifa's post "I need help......"
First things first, which RPGMaker are you running? I'll hazard a guess at RM2K3... but it shouldn't really matter which. A switch is a switch is a switch.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-21, 03:41 PM in reply to Tifa's post "I need help......"
You guessed correctly. So um... A switch is a switch is a switch? Got it, lol. No seriously, what do you mean?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tifa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenTifa is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Tifa

Posted 2006-07-21, 03:53 PM in reply to Tifa's post starting "You guessed correctly. So um... A..."
I basically meant that switches are the same whether in RMXP, RM2K3, or RM95.

Basically, a switch is what it says on the tin. If you want a light to turn on, then you turn the light switch on. Same with things in RM2K3. Say you've got an event that you don't want to happen until someone's flicked a switch (just to make it physical).

You'd have the switch event in the middle of the room, as an Action Key event.

When the Hero activates it:

Turns Switch [0001] ON

The switches are all numbered ( 0001, 0002, 0003, 0845 etc), and are either ON or OFF. Usually they're not ON until you turn them on.

Methinks I'm going mad with this.

BASICS: a switch is something you use if you want to make something happen after something else has happened.

Then, if you've got an event that relies on a switch to work, that event would have a Precondition, or you'd use a conditional branch in the event.

Follow me so far?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-21, 03:57 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I basically meant that switches are the..."
Sweeet!! I think I've got it now. Thank you Lenny.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tifa

Posted 2006-07-21, 04:17 PM in reply to Tifa's post starting "Sweeet!! I think I've got it now. Thank..."
Not a problem. I'll be here for quite a bit longer if you need more help.

And if I'm not, then Atnas, Original Sin, Noble_Swordsman, BC, frosted_snow, sciencekid, and everyone else should be around.

It's too late to remember hundreds of names, so I'll leave it at that.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-22, 08:39 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not a problem. I'll be here for quite a..."
Yay! I was first! Anyways, to utilize the switches to the full extent, make the more complicated events have more than 1 page. Leave the first page blank, with just the graphic on it(make it a parrallel).

Then have something like...an action key page that shows the guy talking with the text ect ect.

Then, if you want him to do a different thing and say a different thing each time you talk to him, make a new page with different speech.

Trigger the first page by setting it to: if switch 067:guy talking=OFF. At the end of the first speech page, make it turn 067:guy talking=ON.

Trigger the second speech page with 067:guy talking=ON. End it with turning switch 67 off. Set both speech pages to action key, or else it'll be screwey.

Last edited by Atnas; 2006-07-22 at 11:08 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-22, 11:36 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Not a problem. I'll be here for quite a..."
Sure thing, Lenny. I didn't know I had to leave the first page blank I'll try it out as soon as I get the chance(or maybe if I stop being so lazy and try it now). Thank you Atnas.

Last edited by Tifa; 2006-07-22 at 11:46 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tifa

Posted 2006-07-22, 08:13 PM in reply to Tifa's post starting "Sure thing, Lenny. I didn't know I had..."
Well... You don't neccessarily have to make the first page blank, It just keeps it neater in my opinion o.O
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Atnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeAtnas shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-23, 03:24 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "Well... You don't neccessarily have to..."
I never have done, that's for sure.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2006-07-25, 02:17 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I never have done, that's for sure. :p"
Sweeet!! I got it now. Now I just need to know how to use the battle2 thing(You know when you go to the inport/export menu and it says battle and then battle2?).
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tifa

Posted 2006-07-25, 06:03 PM in reply to Tifa's post starting "Sweeet!! I got it now. Now I just need..."
-,- Oh my, I just deleted RM2k3 for space...

*Summons Bluecube, Gawd of DEATH form*
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Atnas

Posted 2006-07-26, 05:19 AM in reply to Atnas's post starting "-,- Oh my, I just deleted RM2k3 for..."
To do what, laugh?

(Note: If you need to reinstall, I'll give you a link from my personal hosting. Also, try CCleaner to get rid of any Windows temporary files you might have, if you haven't gone through and deleted them all manually. You can uninstall CCleaner after you run it if space is really an issue...)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
BlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzBlueCube enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

BlueCube

Posted 2006-08-08, 05:51 AM in reply to BlueCube's post starting "To do what, laugh? (Note: If you..."
Ok i use the RMXP and i was wondering how you make enemies or people appear.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
video_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvideo_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

video_gamer

Posted 2006-08-08, 03:55 PM in reply to video_gamer's post starting "Ok i use the RMXP and i was wondering..."
video_gamer said:
Ok i use the RMXP and i was wondering how you make enemies or people appear.
if u want them to appear out of nowhere then u could have a switch on the second page of the person or ememie and put a picture on the second page but leave the first page blank
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
phsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenphsyco025 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

phsyco025

Posted 2006-08-08, 06:26 PM in reply to phsyco025's post starting "if u want them to appear out of nowhere..."
Ok, why the hell do you bring back a thread from last month, and then post about somethin that isn't even related to the question? (well, it could be related, depending on how people reply to it. In phsyco's case, it's ok.)
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-08-08, 06:32 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "Ok, why the hell do you bring back a..."
On RMXP how do i customize my music for a boss battle.....say you already have music on your map going and when you go into a boss battle you want it to keep playing without the battle music cutting it out....how do i do that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
video_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenvideo_gamer is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

video_gamer

Posted 2006-08-08, 08:21 PM in reply to video_gamer's post starting "On RMXP how do i customize my music for..."
THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! WTF??? JUST MAKE A NEW FRIKIN' THREAD!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU??? All you have to do is just click the little "New Thread" button.

video gamer->
Me-> <-video gamer
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
llamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenllamallover2021 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

llamallover2021

Posted 2006-08-08, 08:27 PM in reply to llamallover2021's post starting "THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! WTF??? JUST MAKE..."
you know i don't care where the fuck im at as long as i get my fuckin answers im fine, but obviously you have a fuckin problem about it!!.....you don't see anyone else complaining do you?!!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

video_gamer

Posted 2006-08-08, 08:36 PM in reply to video_gamer's post starting "you know i don't care where the fuck im..."
well that's cuz this rpg maker part of the site has been pretty slow today, smart one.

P.S. I'm gonna call you Spam Master Flex, kk?
Goro goro!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

llamallover2021