Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion

Vehicle with a Salvaged Title, then Rebuilt Title?
Posted 2004-11-15, 09:35 PM
Well I went to test drive this 1999 Honda Accord LX from a private party. The owner wasn't there so she left her keys with her teenage son, who showed the car to me. I test drove it, it seemed to run great, engine made no weird sounds, everything was clean, interior, paint & body, and engine components...
It has a "2.3L L4 SMPI VTEC OHC" engine, automatic, 6 inch exhaust tip, Euro tail lights, car alarm with remote start activated, "Type R Racing" decals and a few other small upgrades... 6 cd changer... I am guessing all from the original owner, since the lady I will be getting it from is a Mother... But you never know. Maybe she likes to soup up Hondas with vTec engines and put a baby seat in the backseat. *shrug*

Anyway, KBB is 8.5k for good condition, which this is in, they are selling for 7.9k, which I may be able to talk them down a little bit.
I have a question though -- Anyone here have any precautionary warnings / advice on buying a car with a salvaged, then rebuilt title? It has been verified through DMV, all information about the resalvage gathered from CarFax.com. Everything seems to check out, I am having my friend come with me to look at it again tomorrow afternoon, who knows a lot about cars, and if he says everything is cool, I may get it on the spot.

Anyhue, input would be appreciated.

Maybe tonight we'll fly so far away... We'll be lost before the dawn...
Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-16, 06:38 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Vehicle with a Salvaged Title, then..."
It was my understanding that cars with a salvage title were automatically devalued, so it may be trouble if you try to sell your car later, but for now, if it's worth it to you, then it's worth it to you.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-11-16, 09:44 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Vehicle with a Salvaged Title, then..."
With an advert as cool as this:

http://multimedia.honda-eu.com/accord/

for its predecessor (sp?) with the same title, I would. They're supposed to be great cars as well.

Or you could go for a Saab. Saab's are one of the greatest make of car on the road. Literally. Tests and such have shown this. Also, if you drive too fast, the seats are designed so that you don't get whiplash unless it is a really bad crash etc. One of the safest cars on the road.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-11-16, 12:38 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Vehicle with a Salvaged Title, then..."
Check with your insurance company before you buy the car. I am pretty sure you cannot get insurance on a salvaged title car. I'm not sure on the rebuilt title part though. Give Geico a call and see what they can do, have the VIN number ready when you call.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2004-11-16, 02:33 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Check with your insurance company..."
Rebuilt will still allow you insurance, it's just rebuilding the motor. Rebuilt is actually better to buy, as it guarantees some new parts.

Salvaged vehicles....you want to check out the car from every single aspect, search every single nook and cranny in that car. Sometimes when they repair them they cut corners and you won't find out about it for quite some time, leaving you fucked over when you realize your car is about to fall apart.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-11-16, 02:39 PM in reply to Slim's post starting "Rebuilt will still allow you insurance,..."
I already contacted my insurance agent, he said "Well rebuilt title cars are usually better and we know this, so your insurance wont be much more for full coverage." And the loan agent said she'd have no problem approving the loan, since it was a good deal under blue book, with all the add-ons included.

I told him I'd buy it tomorrow. =D <333333333333333333333333333333333

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
DaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzDaFrigginDoctah enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-16, 02:44 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "I already contacted my insurance agent,..."
Did the owner tell you about the accident, as in what had to get fixed? There could be somethings that you missed well just test driving it that could come up later.
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-11-16, 02:50 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Did the owner tell you about the..."
Yes he said he has all paperwork to show all work done, including before pictures.

I consulted a mechanic at my work and he gave me some tips to ensure I wont be buying a fucked up car, some little tips and tricks to perform on the car before buying.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-16, 02:51 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Yes he said he has all paperwork to..."
Yeah, then it sounds like a good deal, I forgot to mention ask a mechanic, kinda guessed it was automatic.

PS haggling can be fun if your good at it
!King_Amazon! said:
Just ask the married chick he fucked.

Who Delivers ten times out of ten?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
MightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMightyJoe is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

MightyJoe

Posted 2004-11-16, 03:01 PM in reply to MightyJoe's post starting "Yeah, then it sounds like a good deal,..."
Oh for sure. He *claimed* at least to have someone else that wanted to buy it that same day so I told him I would buy it first because I really need it, and showed him the huge ass gas hog I am driving now, he said alright, so I guess he could of been bluffing. Now that he's lost contact with the supposed other buyer, I'll haggle. Telling him my insurance rates will be higher because of the salvaged title.

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-16, 03:07 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post "Vehicle with a Salvaged Title, then..."
Annnnnnd the winner is:
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_20.jpg
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_19.jpg
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_15.jpg

Pictures ripped from eBay, actual car is dark green with leather interior, and 6-cd changer, "Type R Racing" decals, car bra, 6 inch exhaust, and Euro tail lights. Oh, and + 18" rims.

Raziel said:
er er LOL

Last edited by DaFrigginDoctah; 2004-11-16 at 03:09 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-16, 04:25 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Annnnnnd the winner is:..."
Congrats on the kick ass car, my friend.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-16, 04:59 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Annnnnnd the winner is:..."
DaFrigginDoctah said:
Annnnnnd the winner is:
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_20.jpg
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_19.jpg
http://p1.autorevo.com/196/pics/2620_15.jpg

Pictures ripped from eBay, actual car is dark green with leather interior, and 6-cd changer, "Type R Racing" decals, car bra, 6 inch exhaust, and Euro tail lights. Oh, and + 18" rims.

Ah and I remember the times you had to live ont he street and shit, and now look at you with a pimp car and everything.............i wish i could just get a job and do all that, but then again us immgration office workers are faggots.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-11-16, 05:07 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "Ah and I remember the times you had to..."
At least you have a fucking job. No one will hire me. XD
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
SurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenSurrealWaking is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

SurrealWaking

Posted 2004-11-16, 06:30 PM in reply to SurrealWaking's post starting "At least you have a fucking job. No one..."
SurrealWaking said:
At least you have a fucking job. No one will hire me. XD
you didnt get my point....i cant work coz the us immigration r fags...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Hades-Knight is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Hades-Knight

Posted 2004-11-16, 08:10 PM in reply to Hades-Knight's post starting "you didnt get my point....i cant work..."
Go back to Arab!

God damn illegal aliens.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2004-11-17, 07:06 AM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Annnnnnd the winner is:..."
Hmm, I've never seen Altezzas on that year Accord, we need real pictures.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2004-11-17, 09:26 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Hmm, I've never seen Altezzas on that..."
Nice car.

Wow, left-hand drive. Weird.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-11-17, 06:30 PM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Hmm, I've never seen Altezzas on that..."
Pictureeeeeeeees. They gotta get their crap outta there, along with those busted ass, cheap ass cracked leather seat covers, then I will take it through a car wash. Looks nice, eh? Oh and I will soon paint it gunmetal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-3-04 028.jpg (70.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 11-3-04 030.jpg (62.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 11-3-04 032.jpg (69.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 11-3-04 031.jpg (57.0 KB, 13 views)

Raziel said:
er er LOL
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

DaFrigginDoctah

Posted 2004-11-17, 06:39 PM in reply to DaFrigginDoctah's post starting "Pictureeeeeeeees. They gotta get their..."
yeah...... left-hand drive is in america, i think right hand-drive is weird
congrats on new car
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
iceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweeniceman887 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

iceman887