Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > Diablo III

Posted 2012-05-17, 07:34 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Because I am actually interested in..."
Linux, what a super computer programmer.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-17, 08:45 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Because I am actually interested in..."
I thought they didn't support linux? Unless maybe if you run it on wine... but I'd think that would be laggy as hell.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2012-05-17, 09:05 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post starting "I thought they didn't support linux?..."
I've heard of people successfully running Diablo 3 with Wine.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-05-17, 09:16 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard of people successfully..."
Well we'll find out how it works.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-18, 10:58 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I've heard of people successfully..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
I've heard of people successfully running Diablo 3 with Wine.
Yea, I'm going to give it a shot tonight/tomorrow. Got the download and install the game first.

Wine is pretty reliable with big name games. People are bound to find ways to make it work.

It's only a guest pass, so It doesn't hurt to try.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-18, 12:14 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Yea, I'm going to give it a shot..."
Tell us if you get it to work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-20, 04:31 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Tell us if you get it to work."
And so far the digital downloader gets so far and crashes :/ sigh

Back to trying different compiling's of wine. I will get it to work.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-20, 07:34 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "And so far the digital downloader gets..."
Or you could have windows.....
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-20, 07:59 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Or you could have windows....."
Asamin said: [Goto]
Or you could have windows.....
Or I just compiled the newest unstable version of wine(1.5.4 - stable version is 1.4) and it works.

I have a virtual box of windows XP and 8..more fun to run it on Linux.

So few things don't work under Linux (or wine) that it isn't worth setting up a Windows partition for me. If the software is popular enough, it tends to work pretty quickly.

I am glad to be away from Windows...and my dislike for Mac OS is even worse.

Not to say, I always kept my Windows partitions well maintained, didn't get viruses and shit all the time...I just like the customisation and everything that Linux has to offer.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-20, 10:21 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Or I just compiled the newest unstable..."
I've yet to try it, which is kind of a surprise to me since I love trying shit out on my computer.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-21, 02:02 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I've yet to try it, which is kind of a..."
Downloading it now.

Some music for the occasion:

BORKED
BORKED
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2012-05-21 at 02:46 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-21, 02:21 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Downloading it now. Some music for..."
That shit cray.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-05-21, 07:22 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "That shit cray."
I believe he doesn't even put the t in shit. So it's: Tha shi cray!
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-22, 07:54 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "I believe he doesn't even put the t in..."
Well, fuck..it is a cunt to get it to install...just to many issues with Blizzards software agent.

However, if I can get my hands on and copy an already installed version, it works extremely well...so back to dl'ing it elsewhere...

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-23, 12:38 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Well, fuck..it is a cunt to get it to..."
Tyrannicide said: [Goto]
Well, fuck..it is a cunt to get it to install...just to many issues with Blizzards software agent.

I had some issues with the downloader. Leaving it at 100% for around 30 minutes allowed it to finish, though.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-23, 03:04 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "I had some issues with the downloader...."
Chruser said: [Goto]
I had some issues with the downloader. Leaving it at 100% for around 30 minutes allowed it to finish, though.
What are you running?
I'm on Linux Mint 10, running wine 1.5.4 unpatched (downlaoder insta failed every time I added the recommended patches)

It stalls out at around 2/3 for me :/

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-23, 04:46 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "What are you running? I'm on Linux..."
Tyrannicide said: [Goto]
What are you running?
I'm on Linux Mint 10, running wine 1.5.4 unpatched (downlaoder insta failed every time I added the recommended patches)

It stalls out at around 2/3 for me :/

Windows 7. I haven't set anything up in Wine since EVE.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser

Posted 2012-05-23, 05:17 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Windows 7. I haven't set anything up in..."
Chruser said: [Goto]
Windows 7. I haven't set anything up in Wine since EVE.
Ahh..Actually I could setup a VirtualBox in minutes and install it, copy it over.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide

Posted 2012-05-23, 05:56 PM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Ahh..Actually I could setup a..."
It work? I'm sure one of us could find some way to get you the files.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2012-05-23, 06:05 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "It work? I'm sure one of us could find..."
Asamin said: [Goto]
It work? I'm sure one of us could find some way to get you the files.
Oh yea, it works. Game is downloading now...glad I still had a WinXP and some CD Keys laying around. Now I just wait for it to DL the 8.xxgb's :/

I just didn't think about using a virtualbox sooner...was so set on making it work in wine straight up.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Tyrannicide