Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Katrina looters.
Posted 2005-09-01, 02:21 PM
Ninjas i tell ya.

http://katrinaninja.ytmnd.com/
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-09-01, 02:23 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post "Katrina looters."
Oh man, have you read some of the info about the looting? Jesus...

someguy said:
Well last night I was watching the 6pm news when they announced the 17th street canal pumps failed as well as another break in the levee. My house is right off St. Charles Ave. and up to 6pm yesterday is was the only part of the city that was dry. Since the pumps failed and the new break St. Charles Ave. would be under 9ft of water in the next 12-15hrs. My brother and I felt if we wanted to save anything we had to leave NOW. We loaded up flashlights, rope, our medical ID's, both our .45 Glocks, 2 shotguns and rode out. En-route we listened to the radio which broad casted all the news about the looters and what not, in hindsight it was a mistake. My mother didn't want us to go by dad who is a Vietnam vet told to be safe and "shoot to kill" if it ever comes to that.

One the way we had to pass 5-6 checkpoints to allow entry into the city. We stated we were medical personnel who were activated, showed our ID and off we went. On the radio reports were coming in about the officer who was shot in the head, the 2 gunman who opened fired on the NOPD station, and how looters were carjacking cars to get out of the city. This started making my brother nervous and giving seconds thoughts.

Anyway we get to the city and it looks like a freaking war zone. The best visual I can give is the movie "Blackhawk Down" when all the Somalians are rushing the city. They are people EVERYWHERE, they are pissed off, and all have weapons, 2X4's, Axes, and guns. If this wasn't bad enough we are 2 white boys in a truck in a sea several hundred armed pissed off blacks. There wasn't a white person to be found. I couldn't get over the little 8-10yr old kids with weapons, I ever saw one carry a claw hammer!

These people were absolutely nuts rammed trucks(stolen I'm sure) in to jewelry stores stealing items, they were tearing apart Wal-Mart carrying out TV's, Playstations, DVD players, etc. One lady was wheeling out an entire rack of merchandise, not sure what it was but sure wasn't clothes for food. They were all laughing and carrying on like it's freaking Christmas.

We got stuck in traffic when we see the group of guys walking down the street w/ AK-47's, at that point the "pucker factor" kicked in, a couple Glocks and shotguns were no match for that. We haul azz trying to get to Uptown when we see these people chopping down the front door w/ an axe of this $4-5 million dollar mansion on ST. Charles Ave. I was just in total awe because it was so surreal. Making matters worse it's 11pm at night there is no electricity and you really can see anything or anyone until they are right up on you.

Our plan was to be in and out in 30min, this included putting his Harley on the trailer. It would have taken me 5-10min tops to get my stuff, all I wanted was my pictures from college, my clothes/shoes, and my computer tower. Well he got scared saying we are going to get jumped while putting the bike on the trailer. Keep in mind this is the only area in the city that is dry. So just like rats who move to higher ground these people were doing the same. Word must have gotten out that Uptown was dry so there started to be a large influx of people.

Needless to say he wanted to go home rather than take our chances. While it was the smart thing to do I was beyond infuriated w/ him because we made it this far. He just kept saying our lives aren't worth it. So we turned around, our next challenge was getting out of the city while not getting jacked. Reports came out that people were jumping in the back of truck holding the drivers at gunpoint. Traffic started to slow so I just nailed it got out as fast as I could.

Even though he was the voice of reason I'm still pissed. All I have is my life and the clothes on my back. I lost my house(which is now 9ft underwater) ALL my clothes, TV, computer, furniture, and photo albums and videos from childhood and college. What makes this worse is my brother owned the house and I was a tenant and I didn't have renters insurance, hindsight is 20/20.

I also hope everyone of the ****ing looters get Tetanus, E-Coli and F*(KING drown. I'm serious I really hope the all die for what they were doing to the city, killing people, and destroying homes. Never in my life have I ever seen people act live savages, it was truly sicking.
Holy damn.
D3V said:
This message is hidden because D3V is on your ignore list.
What is it they say about silence being golden?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-09-01, 02:32 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "Oh man, have you read some of the info..."
Thats crazy man. Glad I'm not there.

They already talking like they aren't even going to repair the city cause it wasn't worth it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenkockblocker1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-09-01, 02:37 PM in reply to kockblocker1's post starting "Thats crazy man. Glad I'm not there. ..."
Good thing it wasn't mardi gras time. There would be a huge problem then.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-09-01, 03:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Good thing it wasn't mardi gras time. ..."
!King_Amazon! said:
I think you mean.
!King_Amazon! said:
To bad it wasn't mardi gras time. There would be a huge cleansing of human trash.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-09-01, 03:32 PM in reply to Kaneda's post starting "I think you mean."
Kaneda said:
I think you mean.
!King_Amazon! said:

I think you mean.
!King_Amazon! said:
To bad it wasn't mardi gras time. There would be a huge cleansing of human trash.

... Kaneda you fucking racist, you think it's funny to throw out racial slurs on these forums? I haven't been here wrong, but it's clear you don't like black people. If so, keep it to yourself.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Afroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenAfroman is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Afroman

Posted 2005-09-01, 03:39 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "!King_Amazon! said: Good thing it..."
Yes, that was very clearly a racial joke...since apparently only black people go to mardi gras.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-09-01, 03:53 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yes, that was very clearly a racial..."
If they do then it sure doesn't show on all those Girls Gone Wild movies.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-09-01, 03:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Yes, that was very clearly a racial..."
Hahaha

I hope they don't repair it... the houses will be totaled by the time the water is pumped out... they can take a week or two, but not a month or two...

A week or two means sheetrock and fibreglass damage... a month or two means foundation and structural wood damage...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-01, 04:03 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Hahaha I hope they don't repair..."
Is chrome headed to new orleans sometime soon eh?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2005-09-01, 04:08 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Is chrome headed to new orleans..."
I think so.. I havent recieved official word as of yet...

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-01, 04:31 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Hahaha I hope they don't repair..."
You think wooden beams of a house can survive 3 weeks of submersion?
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Medieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzMedieval Bob enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-09-01, 04:42 PM in reply to Medieval Bob's post starting "You think wooden beams of a house can..."
I know they can.. but not much more than a month...

Well it's like this..

If a house here was flooded for a couple weeks, I'd charge them to replace almost everything..

But on that scale.. I think at three weeks the structure would be 'good enough' by some standards... and I'm sure by some they would be ruined.

It really depends on the particular engineers that inspect them...

But IMPO the wood.. would hold just fine.

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2005-09-01 at 04:54 PM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2005-09-01, 05:00 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I know they can.. but not much more..."
Reminds me of a bit Carlos Mencia did about Tornado Alley.

I would do everything I could to get out of that place and stay out. Fuck rebuilding in my opinion.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kockblocker1

Posted 2005-09-01, 05:11 PM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "I know they can.. but not much more..."
I've heard a few different sources predict that if they can get that canal patched the pumping will only take a month for lots of the area.
D3V said:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Medieval Bob

Posted 2005-09-01, 05:12 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "!King_Amazon! said: Good thing it..."
Quote:
...Kaneda you fucking racist, you think it's funny to throw out racial slurs on these forums? I haven't been here wrong, but it's clear you don't like black people. If so, keep it to yourself.
Am I the only one who sees something wrong w/ this? I thought you said you were a minority in the minority... as in smart? Your the one who said niggers are thieves. There is nothing in my post that states anything about anybodys races. I hate all of humanity in general. Please quite yourself before saying anything more foolish.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2005-09-01, 05:53 PM in reply to Afroman's post starting "!King_Amazon! said: Good thing it..."
Yes Kaneda. Listen to d3v. He'd know.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2005-09-01, 06:38 PM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "Yes Kaneda. Listen to d3v. He'd know."
Lets get this back on topic, if you guys want to bicker goto the flame forum.

Are any of the Zelaron members in Katrinas area? Id like to know if everyone is alright.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beSum Yung Guy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Sum Yung Guy

Posted 2005-09-01, 08:27 PM in reply to Sum Yung Guy's post starting "Lets get this back on topic, if you..."
Hmmm.... I think Afro man said the stupidest shit ever this thread.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Penny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzPenny_Bags enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Penny_Bags

Posted 2005-09-01, 08:42 PM in reply to Penny_Bags's post starting "Hmmm.... I think Afro man said the..."
Excellent deduction. Want a party sub for that?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven