Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Favorite XII character?
Posted 2006-12-09, 09:58 AM
Mine is Vaan.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzNonGayMan enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

NonGayMan

Posted 2006-12-09, 11:34 AM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Favorite XII character?"
Definately Ashelia
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2006-12-09, 03:30 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Favorite XII character?"
I'm gonna go with Penelo mainly because I've decked her out in every single level of White Magic and almost all Black Magic.

But going on character I have to vote Basch (I think that's right). He's pretty cool and looks badass. And is it just me or does Balthier look a little fruity?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2006-12-10, 12:36 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I'm gonna go with Penelo mainly because..."
Balthier most definately. I love his character.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-01-01, 06:01 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Balthier most definately. I love his..."
!King_Amazon! said:
Balthier most definately. I love his character.
^
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2007-01-09, 03:08 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "^^^^^^^^^"
Nikki likes Fran, she thinks she's pretty and talks cool.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:09 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nikki likes Fran, she thinks she's..."
Fran, but I have a thing for wemon taller than me *looks up and Hunsy* eep , lol no really I just like her character best with the whole myst sence and everything she can do
Like it or Leave it<3
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
NyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNyxianaSpades is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

NyxianaSpades

Posted 2007-08-25, 10:26 AM in reply to NyxianaSpades's post starting "Fran, but I have a thing for wemon..."
Isn't fran too thin for you?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-08-29, 01:38 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Isn't fran too thin for you?"
I can understand people not liking Balthier, or even calling him a Han Solo ripoff character. I still think I like him best. Or maybe Fran.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2007-08-29, 08:21 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I can understand people not liking..."
I still stand by Balthier.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-23, 11:44 PM in reply to NonGayMan's post "Favorite XII character?"
NonGayMan said:
Mine is Vaan.

Personally, Balthier. There really is very little to dislike about the character, especially when you start finding out some of his backstory, most compelling character in the game, with Fran coming in a close second. I really wish they'd done more with the character development, though. Vaan and Penelo were just so devoid of personality.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Slim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeSlim shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Slim

Posted 2007-12-24, 12:30 AM in reply to Slim's post starting "Personally, Balthier. There really is..."
Like I've always said, Vaan could completely disappear and nobody would care. He's the worst main character in any FF game, in my opinion. Ashe is more like the main character in FFXII.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2007-12-24, 12:46 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Like I've always said, Vaan could..."
Protagonists in order of story importance:
Ashelia
Larsa
Balthier
Basch
Ondore
Vossler
Fran
Penelo
Vaan
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2007-12-26, 12:21 AM in reply to WetWired's post starting "Protagonists in order of story..."
I liked Vaan. He was the Final Fantasy equivalent of Link. A protagonist who serves the purpose of avatar within the game world. Granted, he was barely developed, and had little importance to the story after Ashe joined the party, but he had an important role beyond just dialogue.

On top of that, stat-wise, he's the best character in the game.

In the interest of the plot however, a part of me wishes Square had stuck with their original plan of Basch being the protagonist. It would have made the rivalry with Gabranth a lot more nuclear to the game's story, and it would have brought back a strong, masculine role to the Final Fantasy hero. Apparently, the development team chose to boot Basch because the last game they designed (Vagrant Story) featured a strong, masculine lead and it sold poorly. Nevermind that just about every gameplay system was ridiculously complex, therefore scaring away 90% of potential buyers. It was definitely the fact that they had a tough guy in the lead role that crushed the game's sales...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Raziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRaziel is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Raziel