Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Post Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working..
Posted 2003-09-09, 05:31 PM
My computer is full of problems, i hate it, i have put diablo 2 LoD in many times and it says that there is no disk in the drive, its the same way with starcraft, and one of my music cds.. i dont know what is wrong with it.... lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mgsx-Luda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMgsx-Luda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 01:23 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
I got the same problem, but I just leave it like that and use my dvd rom... Don't, now my cd rom is totally useless.You should back up your pc to the time when it work.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Ganga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenGanga is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Ganga

Posted 2003-09-10, 03:32 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
I did that, it didnt work either
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mgsx-Luda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMgsx-Luda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 03:38 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
It's probably just broken. Do you use it a lot? If so, do you use a button to close or push it?

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-10, 04:47 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Yes i use it a lot.. and lol yes i do push it...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 05:03 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Well you probably pushed it weird and broke the mechanism, either take it out of the case and open it up to see what the problem is or just get a new one. I usually end up doing both sicne I don't want to pay the money for a new one unless I'm sure it's broken. In fact, the CD drive in my other computer has parts from three other CD drives.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
RoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRoboticSilence is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-10, 05:10 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Is it safe for me to take of the case? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 05:16 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Yeah, but from the sounds of it you wouldn't know what you were doing. Make sure the computer is OFF and UNPLUGGED, touch the screw on an electrical outlet ( The screw in between the sockets ) to disappate your electrical charge. Just unhook the ribbon cable and grab a screw driver. Screw that baby out and screw her open ... anyhow you may not even have to open up the drive, just pull open the gate and see if that's the problem. It's pretty simple really.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-10, 08:27 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Nothing was wrong with it being dirty.. Probably gonna have to steal my brother drive from him, lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 09:14 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
I didn't think it was dirty, I thought it might be broken.

Il papa caca nei legno?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

RoboticSilence

Posted 2003-09-10, 09:56 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Are Cd writers cheap? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-10, 09:56 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Are Cd writers cheap? lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mgsx-Luda

Posted 2003-09-11, 02:32 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
Yes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
uncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenuncapped is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

uncapped

Posted 2003-09-20, 10:40 PM in reply to Mgsx-Luda's post "Cd-Rom Drive Isnt Working.."
www.pricewatch.com

Well since your CD-Rom was working, correct?

Have you recently installed any new hardware?

Have you recently taken out any hardware?

Have you checked your power supply to see if it getting enough juice?

Have you checked the drive updates(older cdroms)?

If any of these aren't the fix, then you may have bumped it when it was opened and knocked the belt on the gears loose. There is no way for you to fix it, unless you know what you are doing, if it is a nice cd-rom, take it to a Computer place and have it fixed.

Another thing is it may be dirty. Sometimes the laser that reads the cd gets residue on it and has trouble reading cds so it just says there is nothing there. You can go to walmart and spend a few bucks and get a cd-rom cleaner kit and pop it into your drive and that may do the trick, this happens to cd players too.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V