Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

Unhappy 4,000 Dead in Manymar
Posted 2008-05-05, 07:47 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...one/index.html

Quote:
4,000 dead, 3,000 still missing following cyclone, Myanmar state media reports

Up to 10,000 could be dead, foreign minister tells diplomats

Ruling military junta appeals for international aid following deadly storm

Thailand already sending aid supplies to Myanmar at neighbor's request

Horrible, just horrible news that hardly nobody even knows about. We bitch if we have 2-3 soldiers die a day, these poor people have just lost over 4k and the death toll apparently could rise to 10k.

Absolutely horrific. I hope all that are lost can be found and all that are hurt can be healed/helped out.

The last I heard which was like yesterday during the day there was a count of roughly like 1-200 people or so?.. Who knows. Sad story.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-05, 08:41 AM in reply to D3V's post "4,000 Dead in Manymar"
Aren't they already going through like a genocide of sorts? Really tragic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-05-05, 08:56 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "Aren't they already going through like..."
That whole area has already had issues beforehand, i'm not too sure about genocides, but 4,000 people is a lot. And possibly upwards of 10,000? Horrible..

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-05-05, 10:45 AM in reply to D3V's post "4,000 Dead in Manymar"
Never heard of Manymar.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-05, 10:51 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Never heard of Manymar."
It's near India.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-05, 11:01 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's near India."
Isn't it Myanmar? I don't think there is such a place as Manymar.

This is pretty tragic.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-05, 11:05 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It's near India."
D3V said:
It's near India.
Look closely.

I've read up about Myanmar: that storm fucked shit up.

Last edited by HandOfHeaven; 2008-05-05 at 11:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-05, 11:07 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Isn't it Myanmar? I don't think there..."
Yes, Myanmar, wrong spelling.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-05, 03:44 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, Myanmar, wrong spelling."
Sadly, only tragic events and war for purpose bring nation's really together. And it looks like this world will experience the former in much more magnitude in the future.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-05, 04:06 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Sadly, only tragic events and war for..."
The world will experience both. War over religion and oil, and natural disasters from global warming/climate change.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-05, 04:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The world will experience both. War..."
I'm moving to Canada. Nobody gives a fuck about Canada and it just snows a lot up there.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-05, 04:23 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "The world will experience both. War..."
!King_Amazon! said:
The world will experience both. War over religion and oil, and natural disasters from global warming/climate change.
Who knows what will happen, the future doesn't necessarily have to be limited to those 'causes.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of massWallow is an uncelestial body of mass

Wallow

Posted 2008-05-05, 04:56 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Isn't it Myanmar? I don't think there..."
Myanmar, or Burma, is a low lying country which is prone to this sort of disaster (like a lot of countries bordering the Indian Ocean.) With unchecked population growth and rising oceans, disasters such as this are but the appetizer. Much worse has and will happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-05, 08:15 PM in reply to Wallow's post starting "Who knows what will happen, the future..."
Wallow said:
Who knows what will happen, the future doesn't necessarily have to be limited to those 'causes.
I tend to believe that humans are incapable of having any but those outcomes. Sure, we can reverse global warming. Sure, we can not kill each other over stupid shit. The problem is, we're not going to do those things, because humans fucking suck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-05-05, 09:06 PM in reply to D3V's post "4,000 Dead in Manymar"
The US shoudl go over there and annex that shit. Nice power move.
lol

lol
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kaneda is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kaneda

Posted 2008-05-05, 10:16 PM in reply to D3V's post "4,000 Dead in Manymar"
I've been reading confirmed as 10k.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-05-06, 03:41 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "I've been reading confirmed as 10k."
KagomJack said:
I've been reading confirmed as 10k.
I read this as well, KagomJack. When I really look at it, I feel terrible inside because I'm not one of the victims. I wish I could help, but it sucks because there is nothing I can do. Hopefully the UN steps in, if they are not already involved, and helps aid in rescue. That's a shitty thing to have happen.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-05-06, 06:12 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "I read this as well, KagomJack. When I..."
22,464 is the latest number.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-05-06, 07:26 AM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "22,464 is the latest number."

Wow, horrible update to the Myanmar storm.

Quote:
More than 22,000 killed and 41,000 missing, Myanmar radio reports

3.6-meter storm surge leaves more than 100,000 homeless in one area

U.N. estimates that up to a million people could not be homeless

Storm damage concentrated over a 30,000 square-kilometer area

22,000 dead, how awful. And over 41,000 missing, jesus......

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapc...one/index.html

Such a sad state of events, I hope the effort that is needed over there can seriously be established and set forth.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2008-05-06, 07:40 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "http://eldib.files.wordpress.com/2007/10..."
Get FEMA over there, STAT!

41,000 missing though? That's 4x the number of people in my town. Such an outlandish number.. my thoughts and prayers go out to the people in Myanmar. Best of luck recovering.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos