Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > News and Events

3rd Grader Murder Plot
Posted 2008-04-01, 06:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080401/...hildren_s_plot

Yahoo! News said:
WAYCROSS, Ga. - A group of third-graders plotted to attack their teacher, bringing a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape and other items for the job and assigning children tasks including covering the windows and cleaning up afterward, police said Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The plot by as many as nine boys and girls at Center Elementary School in south Georgia was a serious threat, Waycross Police Chief Tony Tanner said.

"We did not hear anybody say they intended to kill her, but could they have accidentally killed her? Absolutely," Tanner said. "We feel like if they weren't interrupted, there would have been an attempt. Would they have been successful? We don't know."

The children, ages 8 and 9, were apparently mad at the teacher because she had scolded one of them for standing on a chair, Tanner said. A prosecutor said they are too young to be charged with a crime under Georgia law.

School officials alerted police Friday after a pupil tipped off a teacher that a girl had brought a weapon to school, Tanner said.

Police seized a broken steak knife, handcuffs, duct tape, electrical and transparent tape, ribbons and a crystal paperweight from the students, who apparently intended to use them against the teacher, Tanner said.

Nine children have been given discipline up to and including long-term suspension, said Theresa Martin, spokeswoman for the Ware County school system. She would not be more specific but said none of the children had been back to school since the case came to light.

The purported target is a veteran educator who teaches third-grade students with learning disabilities including attention deficit disorder, delayed development and hyperactivity, friends and parents said.

The scheme involved a division of roles, Tanner said. One child's job was to cover windows so no one could see outside, he said. Another was supposed to clean up after the attack.

"We're not sure at this point in the investigation how many of the students actually knew the intent was to hurt the teacher," Tanner said.

The parents of the students have cooperated with investigators, who aren't allowed to question the children without their parents' or guardians' consent, he said. Authorities have withheld the children's names.

Police expected to forward the results of their investigation to prosecutors, Tanner said.

Children in Georgia can't be charged with a crime unless they are at least 13, District Attorney Rick Currie said.

Martin told The Florida Times-Union of Jacksonville, Fla., that administrators would follow school system policy and state law in disciplining the students.

"From what I understand, they were considered pretty good kids," Martin said. "But we have to take this seriously, whether they were serious or not about carrying this through, and that's what we did."

Four mothers of other third-grade students at Center Elementary called for the immediate expulsion of the suspected plotters.

Stacy Carter and Deana Hiott both cited school system policy stating that any student who brings "anything reasonably considered to be a weapon" is to be expelled for at least the remainder of the school year.

"We don't want our children around them," Carter told the Times-Union. "The one with the knife could have stabbed my child or someone else's child at lunch or out on the playground."

"This is an isolated incident, an aberration. ... We have good kids," Center Principal Angie Coleman told the newspaper.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-01, 11:47 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post "3rd Grader Murder Plot"
Quote:
The scheme involved a division of roles, Tanner said. One child's job was to cover windows so no one could see outside, he said. Another was supposed to clean up after the attack.
I think that level of organization freaks me out the most.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Vault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beVault Dweller seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Vault Dweller

Posted 2008-04-02, 01:41 AM in reply to Vault Dweller's post starting "I think that level of organization..."
Yeah, just a bit.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
KagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed itKagomJack shouldn't have fed it

KagomJack

Posted 2008-04-02, 09:39 AM in reply to KagomJack's post starting "Yeah, just a bit."
The Article said:
"This is an isolated incident, an aberration. ... We have good kids," Center Principal Angie Coleman told the newspaper.
Yeah, I'm sure...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-02, 10:23 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Yeah, I'm sure..."
ROFL! That made national news, it's funny too because waycross is like 30 minutes from here, lmao. Stupid fucking redneck ass kids in Georgia.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-02, 10:28 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "ROFL! That made national news, it's..."
They obviously play way too many violent video games.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
HandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beHandOfHeaven seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-02, 10:37 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They obviously play way too many..."
Yes, that's gotta be it.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2008-04-02, 10:40 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Yes, that's gotta be it."
Shit, almost all of these plots/shootings are crying for attention. Losers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-02, 11:10 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They obviously play way too many..."
Seems more likely that CSI and shows like that would breed this level of organization.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-04-02, 05:35 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They obviously play way too many..."
HandOfHeaven said:
They obviously play way too many violent video games.
Violent games are not it. Those relieve the need for violence. I wish people would stop blaming the violence in this world on video games. It is human nature and the way that we grow up. Those kids most likely grew up surrounded by violent parents and other adults. That is what they know so that is what they do!
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-02, 05:48 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Violent games are not it. Those relieve..."
Hmm, seems I didn't wrap any sarcasm tags around that. I'm surprised you thought I was serious...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

HandOfHeaven

Posted 2008-04-02, 07:06 PM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "Hmm, seems I didn't wrap any sarcasm..."
Sorry. When people bring that up I just go ballistic. If it was true, I would be running around the streets shooting people. Violent games are the only kind I play.
<script type="text/javascript">alert("remember when scripting attacks worked?");</script>
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Asamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessAsamin has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-08, 02:11 PM in reply to Asamin's post starting "Sorry. When people bring that up I just..."
lol at asamin

and yeah how organized the kill was was disturbing how they could even think that intricately to comit a MURDER at what 9 years old?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Coffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in lifeCoffeedagger shows clear signs of ignorance and confidence; the two things needed to succeed in life

Coffeedagger

Posted 2008-04-08, 05:34 PM in reply to Coffeedagger's post starting "lol at asamin and yeah how organized..."
That they could even find the ability to kill is amazing. That they knew how to do that at that age is really disturbing.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Asamin

Posted 2008-04-09, 09:06 AM in reply to HandOfHeaven's post starting "They obviously play way too many..."
So, basically the blame is on the parents.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of massWed-G is an uncelestial body of mass

Wed-G

Posted 2008-04-09, 09:11 AM in reply to Wed-G's post starting "So, basically the blame is on the..."
We're getting local news updates on it. NOW

Apparentlty the NAACP is getting involved.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...storyid=106704

The parents are claiming that the kids were just going to "throw pies" at the teacher, what a stupid ass lie. I'm tired of this area.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V