Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > General Discussion > Opinion and Debate

At what point is an abortion not OK?
Posted 2015-02-17, 07:36 PM
At what point do you consider an abortion not OK? Or to rephrase, at what point does the fetus get the right to live? At birth? Conception? Some point in between, such as viability outside the womb?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Demosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beDemosthenes seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Demosthenes

Posted 2015-02-18, 07:48 PM in reply to Demosthenes's post "At what point is an abortion not OK?"
When the mothers' instincts to keep the baby kick in.
Until then, she is neither a mother, nor it a baby.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2015-02-19, 10:20 AM in reply to Demosthenes's post "At what point is an abortion not OK?"
Demosthenes said: [Goto]
At what point do you consider an abortion not OK? Or to rephrase, at what point does the fetus get the right to live? At birth? Conception? Some point in between, such as viability outside the womb?
This topic was always a joke to me in the past. Most of my adolescent life I've thought abortion jokes were funny, miscarriages are a blessing to humanity and fetuses were just alien. I couldn't have been further from the truth.

My fiancée and I are expecting a child in July and all of that prepubescent humor is gone. It's actually aggravating to me now - but to each their own; However, the right to choose given the variables involved whether it be an unwanted pregnancy, rape, incest - possible birth defections, growth disorders, issues with the mother's health or any other similar factor should be prioritized accordingly to the woman.

All people do not feel the same way about this, and if unborn children aren't going to be recognized as humans until birth then it should be within full discretion of the bearing mother to decide.

At the same time, there are so many variables at play. Mental health should be taken into consideration given the hormonal fluctuations are quite rapid and often, a woman upset with the father could drop everything and go to a clinic, claim anything and have an abortion.

I feel the debate is pointless outside of the realm of the parents involved, their families and physicians involved and that any and all decisions made should be within their own jurisdiction, not anyone else's.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-02-19, 06:30 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This topic was always a joke to me in..."
I have a hard time caring about women's reproductive rights when men basically have zero rights with regard to reproduction.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2015-02-20, 09:15 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I have a hard time caring about women's..."
Well, it's one thing to care about their rights in that regard - but who determines the rights involved? When? The debate is basically endless.

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2015-02-20, 04:20 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "This topic was always a joke to me in..."
D3V said: [Goto]
This topic was always a joke to me in the past. Most of my adolescent life I've thought abortion jokes were funny, miscarriages are a blessing to humanity and fetuses were just alien. I couldn't have been further from the truth.

My fiancée and I are expecting a child in July and all of that prepubescent humor is gone. It's actually aggravating to me now - but to each their own; However, the right to choose given the variables involved whether it be an unwanted pregnancy, rape, incest - possible birth defections, growth disorders, issues with the mother's health or any other similar factor should be prioritized accordingly to the woman.
Effectively this. There's also Tokophobia, and like most phobias, is completely irrational, and is more dangerous to confront, as opposed to simply let be dealt with.

If I put a bunch of spiders in your pillow, you're still going to be afraid of spiders after you kill them all.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai