Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > Zelaron Gaming > General Gaming

Posted 2008-06-10, 06:59 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Shinto Katana said: [Goto]
or ask him to join!!!
He has a 14k internet that is disconnected because they couldn't pay for it. He would only be able to get on when he goes to the library.

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-11, 02:04 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "He has a 14k internet that is..."
damn i would have join if it wasn't not 2d i am little bit good at 3d
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-11, 02:15 AM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "damn i would have join if it wasn't not..."
osmoses-jones said: [Goto]
damn i would have join if it wasn't not 2d i am little bit good at 3d
That is to say you are joining in?

Work List

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-11, 10:51 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "That is to say you are joining in?"
It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2008-06-11, 02:51 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
I will join if you guys need 3d assets.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
osmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenosmoses-jones is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-11, 03:03 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "I will join if you guys need 3d assets."
Osmoses will join as long as you aren't gay :P.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-06-11, 03:50 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "Osmoses will join as long as you aren't..."
Ideally, the game should be playable in a web browser, to be reachable at school, work and so on. This does not make it impossible to develop a 3D client per se, but it would be easier to do so. This, of course, does not eliminate the need for creating characters, "monsters", structures and terrain in 3D programs; it would merely have to be pre-rendered.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-11, 04:45 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Ideally, the game should be playable in..."
I hate to say it, but we could do it like Runescape, couldn't we? Make it 3d, but tone it down? Obviously, the graphics would need to be better, but...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2008-06-11, 05:29 PM in reply to Chruser's post starting "Ideally, the game should be playable in..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Shining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzShining Knights enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Shining Knights

Posted 2008-06-11, 05:39 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
i will join tell me what you guys need as far 3d goes i will do it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-11, 09:36 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "i will join tell me what you guys need..."
for 2d engines i recommend this one http://www.fifengine.de/

sorry double post
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

osmoses-jones

Posted 2008-06-11, 10:31 PM in reply to osmoses-jones's post starting "for 2d engines i recommend this one..."
osmoses-jones said: [Goto]
for 2d engines i recommend this one http://www.fifengine.de/

sorry double post

I dislike that engine. I'm running another one right now. I am testing some engines out and going to be putting up which ones are most suited for recommendation of usage in a project such as this. We do need to decide the language soon though. I can do Python and C++.

EDIT: ALRIGHT! I've locked onto 4-different Clients. I'm going to rip through with some scripting and see which one requires the least amount of scripting work and work overall.

ATTENTION: I own a 3D MMORPG Client. I would suggest using it. So it may be a real possibility to have a 3D game! So keep your minds open.

Chruser, I don't think any of us can script in Java well enough to be able to produce anything. I suggest client side. I can however use my hacking ways to allow installation on any computer that has admin blockage etc. That's what I did to Sun's Java installer so that I could install on my school computer to play RuneScape when I was going there.

EDIT: You know what? I just realized something. If I had to hack the java installer to play RuneScape at my school then we can presume that RuneScape does not work at a public school. This means we are officially ruling out a Java Browser based Game.

EDIT: IGNORE WHAT WAS PREVIOUSLY HERE

EDIT: Successfully connected to my database!

Okay, I'm going to try to get this project moving! I own RealmCrafter and basically, read up on all of the stuff about it if you want to know what it is. If you know how to make 3D models, go right ahead. If you know how to make 3D anything really, just go right ahead! I want this project to start rolling.

As far as scripting goes, I can handle any and all bits of scripting. As far as I know, I really don't have to script with this beautiful engine. But the graphics are those of the olden days. I wish some good 3D modelers would go ahead and make some!

BIG TIME EDIT:

That about sums up what's needed if this project is to succeed. Man, I'm lazy, but, RealmCrafter is making it easy on me so I continue to work without getting annoyed!

By the time you read this message your eyes will be tired. Or you skipped all the way down to read the last message.

Wanna read a fun debate over the program?
http://www.onrpg.com/boards/sitemap/t-22404.html
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf...D=67175&bhcp=1 <= I had to add this. I love how full of themselves, the creator of this thread and anyone who agrees with 'em, are, ha!

--==Quick Q&A==--
Can I create a professional installer?

Yes I can!
--
Will the game be free?

Chruser's choice...(I think yes)
--
What is it for?

Hell if I know.
--
(Make a Q&A Section Chruser)

--------------
I'M FAR TO HYPER RIGHT NOW, AW!

By the way, I am going to be getting RC Professional (HD Graphics)! Yay for me!

Resources
http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/docs.php <== Learn Blitz languages
http://www.blender.org/ <== Great 3D Program. I've yet to check if it supports .b3b format
http://www.adobe.com/ <== Great things can be built with these Programs

Jobs Needed:

3D Anything Creator, good. - .b3b
Mesh Creator, yeah, dos good - .png
Story Line (Writers) - For Quests, blah, blah, blah.
Servers! - Need two or more servers ( Yes, I will host one)
Need somebody who is going to keep their computer on for more than 99% of the day (Kagom is a good candidate)
Scripters (I guess) - Language in Use is BlitzPlus and Blitz3D
Download Mirrors (People who will host a download for the file besides Chruser and I)
ALPHA & BETA Testers! - (For glitches, etc)
Website Designer for it! Must be Professional, which is why I won't do it. Not that I can't do it, I'm just awful when it comes to color schemes and that I'm too lazy to take my time.
Icons and Logos Maker - There are probably a bunch of you who want to do that.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List

Last edited by Goodlookinguy; 2008-06-12 at 06:11 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-12, 11:21 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "I dislike that engine. I'm running..."
RealmCrafter looks nice! It is definitely worth investigating more.

It should be noted that roughly 95% of computers connected to the Internet have Flash players installed[1], which thus makes Flash an ideal platform for online games in terms of user scope. In other words, it will be ideal if the Zelaron MMORPG will be playable from school and work.

We could use SmartFoxServer PRO as a platform, but it is only free for up to 20 simultaneously connected players. DOFUS is an example of a full-feature Flash-based MMORPG which uses SmartFoxServer PRO.

It would also be possible to create our own server for free and connect to it via the XMLSocket functions in Flash. ActionScript is very similar to C++, PHP and Java, so it could be a good way to go.
"Stephen Wolfram is the creator of Mathematica and is widely regarded as the most important innovator in scientific and technical computing today." - Stephen Wolfram

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-12 at 11:24 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Chruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed itChruser shouldn't have fed it

Chruser

Posted 2008-06-12, 11:52 AM in reply to Chruser's post starting "RealmCrafter looks nice! It is..."
Gimme a time setting and a difficulty, and I can probably make some quests up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Noob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenNoob101 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Noob101

Posted 2008-06-12, 12:02 PM in reply to Noob101's post starting "Gimme a time setting and a difficulty,..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2008-06-12, 01:25 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Well, if you had read my huge statement above you would know if you could add/edit code. I specifically mention that the language used is BlitzPlus and Blitz3D.

I wouldn't do java because we simply lack anyone in the field of that scripting language.

I find the blitz languages to be rather easy to learn which is why I'm also pushing for RealmCrafter. Another reason is because of the very nice graphics that are on the Pro version of it. Not saying that the first one didn't come with nice land meshes. I've also worked with the program for a while and can conclude that it's a good program.

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-12, 02:47 PM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Well, if you had read my huge statement..."
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Shining Knights

Posted 2008-06-12, 08:48 PM in reply to Shining Knights's post starting "It matters not whether you win or lose;..."
Chruser, if we go with RealmCrafter I can package up the game in a professional looking installer.

I need to know if we are going to want an installer or if you just want the game to be packed with 7zip or WinRAR. Maybe both.

file.exe (MD5: ladsfjalfa;lfjas) - 367MB
file.7z (MD5: afjoeifjaklfj) - 405MB
file.rar (MD5: alkfjfjsldkfs) -390MB

I'm thinkin' the download page would be like that with a box around it, yeah?

The great thing about packaging it altogether is that you can stick HTML links to zelaron and how to support it blah, blah, blah.

By the way, I messed around with RealmCrafter and changed the opening menu. Mine looks better than the one that they have on there. Not that I'm going to be using RC Original for much longer. RC Pro, yahooo!

Work List

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Goodlookinguy

Posted 2008-06-13, 07:28 AM in reply to Goodlookinguy's post starting "Chruser, if we go with RealmCrafter I..."
Wait, installer? What happened to the game being played within the browser?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-06-14, 11:18 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Wait, installer? What happened to the..."
I don't see how installers are an option for a Zelaron MMORPG, unfortunately.

I'm in favor of SmartFoxServer Pro. It's not very hard to learn how to use it, especially not if you, as I previously stated, know C++, PHP or Java already.

Here are some examples of SFS Pro applications (which can all run in web browsers with Flash players installed, without any other dependencies):

http://www.smartfoxserver.com/showcase

Last edited by Chruser; 2008-06-14 at 11:20 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Chruser