Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art > Tech Help

Dead Pixels
Posted 2008-12-23, 03:36 PM
Is it possible for a large group of dead pixels on an LCD monitor to begin to grow in size?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution-Spector- is the result of 14 billion years of hydrogen atom evolution

-Spector-

Posted 2008-12-23, 05:34 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Dead Pixels"
Fuck, it's spreading!! Stay calm, Spec, don't panic. Please tell me you haven't touched it. Oh God, tell me you haven't!! Don't worry though, it's not instantly fatal. Burn everything. All your clothes, your equipment, the cat, everything! Make sure you don't touch it though. If you get it, and spread it to the world... fuck... I don't want to see dead pixels in the sky! No! Please, Mummy, make it stop!!

In all seriousness though, if a group of dead pixels is growing, then you've got something wrong with the monitor. I don't know what, and as such can't really answer the question, but there's definitely a problem. If it's still in warranty, you may be able to get it replaced - a lot of manufacturers have different rules for dead pixels, but the majority of them do acknowledge the problem and will replace the monitor - it might depend on the total, or if there are so many in a certain radius.

It may be worth getting in touch with the manufacturer (phone them up, or apply for a ticket through the Support part of their website) to see if they will replace it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-12-25, 02:23 PM in reply to -Spector-'s post "Dead Pixels"
-Spector- said: [Goto]
Is it possible for a large group of dead pixels on an LCD monitor to begin to grow in size?

Sorry for my late response and if the answer doesn't really help. In all honesty, I've never heard of dead pixels growing in size other than maybe your monitor is loosely wired, but usually green lines appear when that happens. You can always check to see if anything will happen when you run this test. http://www.jscreenfix.com/applet.php...280&height=800 Just press F11 for full screen so that it hits your entire monitor. You'll also, probably, want to set the page at your monitors width and height.

If you decide to do it tell us if anything happens or if you've already resolved the problem, then great!

Work List
疲れていますから 寝むってありますね。 むずかしいです。 また、ケーキ屋で ケーキを食べていました。

I've considered being a translator, but I dunno. It feels like a lot of work. If someone gets angry then I have to deal with it, you know? I'd rather just relax.

Speed Test

Favorite Anime/Manga
#01 Clannad ~After Story~
#02 Trigun {Maximum}
#03 Koi Kaze
#04 Berserk
#05 Outlaw Star
#06 Slayers
#07 Desert Punk
#08 Spirited Away
#09 Fullmetal Alchemist
#10 Shakugan no Shana
#11 Death Note
#12 FLCL
#13 Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
#14 Toradora
#15 Gunslinger Girl

Anime List
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Goodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to beGoodlookinguy seldom sees opportunities until they cease to be

Goodlookinguy