Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Car stereo system?
Posted 2004-10-08, 11:43 PM
Need a lil help here guys. I am gonna get a set up for my car, but im not sure what to get and what brands. I need stuff that is good quality and not too overpriced. I want subs and an amp for sure.

It would be awesome if you could post a set-up and some prices (or estimates). Thanks. My ideal range is like 500 give or take 50 bucks.

EDIT: forgot to add that i drive a 2001 F-150. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by Mydogisyourdog; 2004-10-09 at 09:51 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-10-09, 12:22 AM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post "Car stereo system?"
What kind of vehicle?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-10-09, 12:30 AM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post "Car stereo system?"
It'd help if you said what kinda car you have (Speaker sizes, ) but oh well. Here goes.

You'll want to have more than just bass, you'll need some speakers. I recommend some 6x9's http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nb7JX4R...&avf=N&search= 59.99 (+ shipping... ?)

You'll also want a damn Cd player, or Head Unit. Heres a Kenwood KDc 222 or some #, But i've got one JUST like it and it works just fine, for not too much money. They've got it listed at 99.00 + shipping (?)http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nb7JX4R...300#morephotos

For some bass you'll need some 10's, 12's, or 15's. I recommend 12" subs, they are great for in your car (Like 10's) and you can hear them from a distance (like 15's). But here are some Kicker 12" Comps, http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nb7JX4R...&avf=N&search= You actually get two of em for $128 (+ shipping)... which Isn't too bad.

You'll need a box to put your Subs in, here is a dual 12" Q-Logic box for 134.99 (+Shipping) http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nb7JX4R...&avf=N&search=

Now, you'll be wanting to get it installed, your going to need some RCA cables, wire for power, the remote, and some ground wire, you can usually get all of this crap in a kit from any audio supply place for about $20 bucks.

So far, you've only spent $440. You still need an amp for your subwoofers, so for your price range (in this scenario) your going to have to get something smaller. Here is a Kenwood 40 x 2 watt RMS Amplifier, it's 89.99. Your speakers are 25-150 watts RMS, so you'll be fine.

The total comes to (WITHOUT SHIPPING): $529

What i'd do is shop around, find out if any speakers/sub systems are especially made for your car. What you can do is go to www.crutchfield.com and they'll tell you what you need for your car, and how much they offer it for. (But if you would have shopped around, and not bought it from Crutchfield, like I just did your system, you will probably save around $100)

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]

Last edited by D3V; 2004-10-09 at 12:36 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-10-09, 12:33 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "It'd help if you said what kinda car..."
Not to mention the $100+ on wiring and accesories.

I think he just wants a little bump in the trunk Dev, Maybe he should focus on something more like a single Sony Explode 12" and a matching AMP(300W -/+) Or something simalar for about $150..

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."- Benjamin Franklin
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Adrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzAdrenachrome enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-10-09, 12:38 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Not to mention the $100+ on wiring and..."
Oh, well. Then all you would need is a 12" Anything subwoofer with about 150watts RMS and an amp to match, as you said. Either a bandpass box, or closed/sealed, whatever for another 60 bucks. But I just went ahead and did the WHOLE system that he'd need.

Quote:
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2004-10-09, 12:44 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Oh, well. Then all you would need is a..."
Right on, I would say bandpass for a hatchback or SUV otherwise shoot for a 12" Sony Xplode, or JL Audio about 300 watts and an amp for under $200 and you should have a nice little boom in your ride man.

Edit: 
In a small solid enclosure of course

Last edited by Adrenachrome; 2004-10-09 at 12:46 AM.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-10-09, 01:03 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "Right on, I would say bandpass for a..."
Bandpass is GREAT for a ton of 'extra' base. But knowing your car / trunk space / hatch space would help with the determining of what the hell you really need.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-10-09, 05:04 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Bandpass is GREAT for a ton of 'extra'..."
I got the perfect answer. Get an iPod, and some kickass speakers. And just put them in your car. Done. 10,000 tracks. You can listen for days and not get tired.

Get big speakers, stick em in the back, turn up the volume, and hope that you don't go deaf prematurely.

Did you know....? that an American firm (i think) has made a car that is powered, by an iPod. The iPod runs all the electricity etc. All you need to do, is charge the iPod every night for a days driving the next day.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-09, 05:54 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I got the perfect answer. Get an iPod,..."
That's not true?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between`Insolence` is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

`Insolence`

Posted 2004-10-09, 05:59 AM in reply to `Insolence`'s post starting "That's not true?"
A car battery is 12 volts. The ipod battery appears to be 3.7 volts (from a brief google.com search). It wouldn't even start the car, let alone sustain it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Sovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzSovereign enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Sovereign

Posted 2004-10-09, 09:48 AM in reply to Adrenachrome's post starting "What kind of vehicle?"
doh. I drive a 2001 F-150.

the setup adren/D3V threw up sounds good. thanks guys.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Mydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenMydogisyourdog is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-10-09, 10:17 AM in reply to Sovereign's post starting "A car battery is 12 volts. The ipod..."
What did you expect from Lenny?

Although Apple did do an integration gig with BMW cars, so if you're fortunate to own one, you can get a small plug that sits in your glove compartment, just put in your iPod and away you go!

Btw: Lenny, they only garantee a max of 10,000 songs on the 40 gig iPod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2004-10-09, 10:50 AM in reply to Randuin's post starting "What did you expect from Lenny? ..."
Also try www.cmttrading.com they've got some good crappy wholesale shit, but their linking is off because of the online catalog. Should be cheaper than anywhere else you look.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V

Posted 2004-10-10, 02:20 PM in reply to Randuin's post starting "What did you expect from Lenny? ..."
Nnh. 10 thou songs will keep me going for a long time.

As for the iPod car, I heard it somewhere. You lot are starting ti make me doubt myself, so I'm gonna have to go on a searching spree to find out if it is true or not.

If you want more than 10 thou songs, get more than one iPod.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2004-10-10, 04:29 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nnh. 10 thou songs will keep me going..."
Fuck an Ipod.

Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Adrenachrome

Posted 2004-10-10, 07:36 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Nnh. 10 thou songs will keep me going..."
i think you are confused. i dont need lots of music storage. I want a system in my truck so that it will sound better and be louder than my Factory set-up.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Mydogisyourdog

Posted 2004-10-10, 10:27 PM in reply to Mydogisyourdog's post starting "i think you are confused. i dont need..."
Well what do you want, good sound, or bass.

If you want good sound, find out the sizes of your speakers in your cab, replace them with some 60 dollar performance speakers, run a small amplifier to them. And add some 6x9's or 6 1/2"'s with an amp, or just 4 channel all of them.

Quote:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

D3V