Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Posted 2008-09-25, 05:37 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "The fact that they were in close..."
He flew to their house on several occassions, and didn't notice anything until a few times in. And also, he lived in the same area for a while. Despite it being Los Angelos, him flying around at 5000 mph all the time all over the city would suggest to me that he's possibly been exposed to her before without knowing it. I'm just saying, that plot element was weak as fuck.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood

Posted 2008-09-30, 08:23 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Right, but that's exactly what doesn't..."
!King_Amazon! said: [Goto]
Right, but that's exactly what doesn't make sense. He had to go all of the way to the other side of the country so that they could get their powers back, which would imply that being within any reasonable distance of each other would cause them to lose their powers. If they survived so well for so long living in the same place, why would that suddenly stop working?
He didn't have to go all the way to the other side of the country to get his powers back. As he was leaving the hospital he was slowly regaining them, and that was only like 500 feet away from her hospital bed. I think, like Lenny has said, they have to be in direct, physical contact rather than just being in the same city to lose their powers.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-09-30, 08:36 AM in reply to Thanatos's post starting "He didn't have to go all the way to the..."
Thanatos said: [Goto]
He didn't have to go all the way to the other side of the country to get his powers back. As he was leaving the hospital he was slowly regaining them, and that was only like 500 feet away from her hospital bed. I think, like Lenny has said, they have to be in direct, physical contact rather than just being in the same city to lose their powers.
So why did he have to leave his home in the city to go all of the way to the other side of the country?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2008-09-30, 08:56 AM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "So why did he have to leave his home in..."
Did that so she could sorta live the life she wanted, she was happy with whoever it was she was with and it just made it easier for them both...I guess.

It was a heh movie imo.

~ KAMAHAME---Oh shit it's happening again.... ~
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Tyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzTyrannicide enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Tyrannicide

Posted 2008-09-30, 08:58 AM in reply to Tyrannicide's post starting "Did that so she could sorta live the..."
Tyrannicide said: [Goto]
Did that so she could sorta live the life she wanted, she was happy with whoever it was she was with and it just made it easier for them both...I guess.
What he said.

She had said no matter what she does she just can't get away from Hancock. He probably moved to another city so she could finally live a normal, happy life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Thanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basicsThanatos simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Thanatos

Posted 2008-10-04, 05:24 PM in reply to Willkillforfood's post starting "He flew to their house on several..."
I've cracked it!

Watched it again tonight, and I noticed a few things that I didn't on the first watch (the way Mary looks at Hancock before we know she's a Super, seeing Ray drawing out his costume), including the specific phrase "close to each other".

Reading back through the thread, we'v only really discussed close as a physical thing, not emotional, which I think is what the story is getting at. If it were just a physical thing, then yes, Hancock would have needed to move a long way away from Mary to keep his powers, but because it's more emotional, he didn't. I think we can agree that Hancock first started to fall for Mary after the dinner (the way he started looking at her, how he asked Ray where she was and looked at the photos). This is a certain when it comes to the night after the bank robbery Hancock stopped - when he goes down to the kitchen, she notices that his hand is bruised (the metemorphosis into a mortal has already started, then). When he gets shot, it's after the revelation that he's her husband, and when she gets shot, it's just after her emotional talk whilst she strokes his face (obviously she's getting close).

Then again, if absense makes the heart grow fonder, distance must dull the effects of getting close to one, if he can walk away and slowly regain his powers.

It's an interesting discussion that could go on for ages. In all honesty, it's probably just a shallow plot device that can stand up to a quick glance but not a full investigation. I imagine it didn't expect a Spanish Inquisition over it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2008-10-07, 12:28 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "I've cracked it! Watched it again..."
I just saw it for the first time tonight, Tutti is asleep so I couldn't have it to loud but, I think I had it loud enough to hear what was going on. Couple points..
  • At what point did it say he was moving accross the country? All we know in the end is he jumped off of a building. At the bottom of the screen it didn't say, "New York City" (present day).. All it said was 1 month later.
  • "Everytime we get close, they find you through me".. Who? The baddies that want to commit crimes? Or some other phenomenom that we don't know about.
  • When I found out she was one as well, I felt let down.. Like seriously? I said to myself.. I haven't a clue what a better ending would be, but the whole idea of them being a married couple (ex years ago). And that their powers suck when they are together.. WTF? Ok so your going to make myself and Tutti badass mother fuckers, and you will make us husband and wife.. but if we want to me husband and wife we must lose our powers? Or if we want to be anywhere near eachother we must lose our powers? The whole premise of that through me for a loop.
  • Call me crazy 1 more time... need I touch on how fkn sad that was to hear? Ok Hancock hates being called an asshole, do all these supers have a word that just drives them nuts?

I think it was a good movie all and all, I enjoyed watching it although I felt left down at times. When it was funny I actually chuckled so thats +1.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessKazilla has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Kazilla

Posted 2008-10-10, 08:22 AM in reply to D3V's post starting "Every movie Will Smith has been, for..."
D3V said: [Goto]
Every movie Will Smith has been, for the past like... 15 years have been amazing...

Independence Day (still probably my favorite movie, ever).Men in black, MIB II, Bad Boys was even pretty good. Bad boys II, The legend of bagger vance (golf movie) was pretty damn good, won an oscar. Enemy of the state. Ali, I,Robot another awesome movie. I am Legend.. I mean the list goes on.

This would be a good debate thread (Best Actor/Actress ever).
So true, Will smith has to be my favorite actor. (what a coincidince i saw MIB II yesterday :P)

Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Wolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHzWolfturn enjoys the static noises of ten television sets simultaneously tuned to 412.84 MHz

Wolfturn

Posted 2008-10-10, 09:03 AM in reply to Kazilla's post starting "I just saw it for the first time..."
He went from LA to NYC. I think fate just finds them when they're together. I mean, it could have been done better. It's a creative concept, but just them living in the same area for a good while and never noticing that bothered me.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Willkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusionWillkillforfood read his obituary with confusion

Willkillforfood