Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > Science and Art

Post Anime: why do you like it?
Posted 2003-10-30, 10:34 AM
I was just wondering why you other anime fans like it?

I have a long list of reasons for sure, but my addiction started with the original Robotech on TV. It all kind of spiraled from there.

I'm guessing the two main reasons I watch anime are:
-the unusual dark and comedic storylines that most shows have
-the sheer artwork (including wacky expressions like Onizuka's)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-30, 11:15 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Well I was raised on Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny, and Anime is just more sophisticated than that. I guess that's why I like it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-30, 11:18 AM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
I think that I like anime because of the freedom of the form. From what I've seen, in America, most animated works are categorized as being for kids, and so as a result most of the works made are geared toward kids. The others are mostly slapstick comedy. Anime, however, can tell grown up, compelling stories without worries over a special effects budget, cammera equipment for difficult angles and such. Also, there are less verbally explainable things, like the way the story is told, and then the seeming facsination with space and robots. And of course, there is something about the drawing style seen in most anime...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
WetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusionWetWired read his obituary with confusion

WetWired

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:18 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Why does anime appeal to me? I like the artwork and the unusual style that the Japanese use compared to American cartoons. I find most of their wackiness highly amusing. The range of expressions and wacky stuff not possible in real-life is always a plus. (Ex: a huge sweat drop at the end of a bad joke)
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-10-30, 03:34 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
american cartoons suck balls and are all based for the younger viewers. anime is more adult based and a whole hell of a lot deeper than dropin a rock on a fuckin coyote. plus the animation just kicks ass.
i must not fear. fear is the mind killer. i will face my fears and when they are gone only i will remain.
Clan Laomainn.
Ne Parcas Nec Spernas.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
haplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenhaplo is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

haplo

Posted 2003-10-30, 05:45 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Same reason I like games like FF. ITS COOL! Fighting giant robots, demons and all that stuff just makes my life more interesting. I mean its intersting to wonder "if I were there what would I do?" That's why when I'm older I'm still gonna love anime.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-30, 05:49 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
I don't really picture FF as Anime, maybe FFX, but not the rest.

Why are you using Rurouni's sig?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-30, 05:50 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
GravitonSurge said:
Why does anime appeal to me? I like the artwork and the unusual style that the Japanese use compared to American cartoons. I find most of their wackiness highly amusing. The range of expressions and wacky stuff not possible in real-life is always a plus. (Ex: a huge sweat drop at the end of a bad joke)
Me too, with little differences but too insignificant to type out.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-30, 06:37 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
!King_Amazon! said:
What are you talking about?
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Kuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenKuja`s #1 is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Kuja`s #1

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:19 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Grav, he has his normal Motorhead sig. Something must've gone wrong at your end.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Rurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenRurouni Storm is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:35 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Kuja`s #1 said:
!King_Amazon! said:
What are you talking about?
Rurouni Storm said:
Grav, he has his normal Motorhead sig. Something must've gone wrong at your end.
Why did you say Grav?

I think something is wrong at YOUR HEAD.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Grav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrowGrav never puts off to tomorrow what can be done the day after tomorrow

Grav

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:36 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
I saw it as your sig being in his sig.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2003-10-30, 08:47 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
Yea, he's been around stealing other's sigs/ava, and when someone else points it out he changes it back... Very gay
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Randuin is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Randuin

Posted 2003-10-31, 12:35 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
GravitonSurge said:
same for me, the wackiness and funny faces are hilarious, Japanese humor pwns.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
undeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenundeadzombieguy is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

undeadzombieguy

Posted 2003-10-31, 01:18 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
GravitonSurge said:
Why did you say Grav?

I think something is wrong at YOUR HEAD.
I don't know. I sometimes mix up who posted what.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Rurouni Storm

Posted 2003-11-01, 02:46 PM in reply to Rurouni Storm's post "Anime: why do you like it?"
I like anime because it is action-packed,funny and sad at different times.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Dan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenDan XIII is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

Dan XIII