Zelaron Gaming Forum  
Stats Arcade Portal Forum FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Zelaron Gaming Forum > The Zelaron Nexus > The Lounge

Posted 2012-03-06, 01:43 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "The guy was complaining that Carl..."
I just realized we're not even in the third season yet. :facepalm:
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-06, 02:00 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "The guy was complaining that Carl..."
Carl isn't supposed to be comic relief. That guy is an idiot. Carl becomes pretty much the other main character in the comics besides Rick. He's a kid living in a zombie apocalypse, he either has to be a badass or die. And he's pretty badass later in the comics. Even now he's turning into a badass in the show. I think they are doing a wonderful job with it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-06, 02:27 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Carl isn't supposed to be comic relief...."
Makes me think about the little girl in the old Resident Evil games.
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-06, 04:24 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "Now, from what I've read, The Walking..."
During the first half of the current series, there were a couple of episodes that were nothing but talking, but the mid-series finale, and the episodes since, have been good quality, particularly the most recent, as !K_A! said. I think there are two or three left, and shit is getting real.

Having never read the comics, I'll be interested to see how they move on at the end of this series - I can't see them staying at the farm for much longer. Something catastrophic is coming.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-06, 05:03 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "During the first half of the current..."
Lenny, if you enjoy the TV series you should definitely check out the comics. I don't even like comics and I got hooked on them. The TV show will be like 6 seasons down before they catch up to the comics I think.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics!King_Amazon! simplifies with no grasp of the basics

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-06, 05:58 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Lenny, if you enjoy the TV series you..."
If I can find time, I definitely will, as well as the Watchmen comics. Currently, though, I've got quite a lot of work on, and when I finish that I've got a to-read pile of around fifty books, a to-play pile of twelve PS3 games, and a to-download-and-play list of close to eighty things on Steam. Damn this education and prospects of a rich life.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Lenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basicsLenny simplifies with no grasp of the basics

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-06, 06:51 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "If I can find time, I definitely will,..."
Compared watching the TV series, reading the comics take up much less time. In the time it takes to watch the first episode of the first season of The Walking Dead, you can read far enough in the comics to be at or beyond the point where they are at at the beginning of season 2. In the time it takes to watch the entire first season, you can probably be around halfway through the comics that are currently released.

It takes me about 8-12 minutes to read one issue of TWD and I'm a slow reader.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-06, 09:20 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Compared watching the TV series,..."
In that case, I'll have a lookee for them. I assumed they'd be full-on graphic novel works, rather than comics.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-06, 09:31 PM in reply to Lenny's post starting "In that case, I'll have a lookee for..."
Nope, they are individual issues. You can purchase compendiums and such where they'll have a set of issues in them, but it's all broken down into single ~20 page issues. And they are genius. I know you can find torrents with at least up to issue 90 in a single package. As far as a comic reader goes, I suggest ComicRack.

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/

Generally speaking, each "volume" is 6 issues (so 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-24, etc.) and there are generally two volumes per story arc.

Also, I feel I must warn you, the comics are much more graphic than the TV series. There's no nudity that I recall (I think there might have been one scene with a nipple that Robert Kirkman didn't catch) but there's a lot of gore and extreme violence, such as torture (way worse that the pussy shit we saw on the latest episode of TWD), rape, cannibalism, etc. But it's an incredible read and I guarantee after you get a few issues in you'll be hooked and fiending on it.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-09, 06:00 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "Nope, they are individual issues. You..."
I just watched the movie "True Legend". The movie is sub-titled, and I usually would NEVER watch subtitled movies, but right from the get-go I was hooked on it. The plot is awesome, and it's almost non-stop action.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
kaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of masskaos is an uncelestial body of mass

kaos

Posted 2012-03-10, 08:48 AM in reply to kaos's post starting "I just watched the movie "True Legend"...."
What I hate is that, some movies, on some TVs, if they're subtitled, the top and bottom parts of the screen get cut off. And I mean, I was watching this on a widescreen HD TV, here. A BADASS TV! And it got cut off to the point I couldn't watch the movie. T_T
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
Skurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darknessSkurai has an imagination enthroned in its own recess, incomprehensible as from darkness

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-12, 06:40 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "What I hate is that, some movies, on..."
Change the Widescreen settings to "FULL", I was having the same problem.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-12, 07:35 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Change the Widescreen settings to..."
On the V or on Netflix?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-12, 08:11 PM in reply to Skurai's post starting "On the V or on Netflix?"
On your TV.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-13, 03:43 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "On your TV."
Just watched EP12 of Season 2 of The Walking Dead. My prayers were answered.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos

Posted 2012-03-13, 04:20 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Just watched EP12 of Season 2 of The..."
I thought it was pretty awesome. The episode before it wasn't bad either. I hope the finale somehow manages to top episode 12.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

!King_Amazon!

Posted 2012-03-13, 05:59 PM in reply to !King_Amazon!'s post starting "I thought it was pretty awesome. The..."
Fantastic, but I didn't expect such accuracy from the brat.

The series has definitely improved since the mid-series finale.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Lenny

Posted 2012-03-14, 07:10 AM in reply to Lenny's post starting "Fantastic, but I didn't expect such..."
Who's your favorite character? Event/whatever?
Skurai
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

Skurai

Posted 2012-03-14, 07:12 PM in reply to kaos's post starting "Change the Widescreen settings to..."
Random OT: I've watched over 100 South Park episodes on Netflix now. wooooeyyy

Quote:
!King_Amazon!: I talked to him while he was getting raped
[quote][16:04] jamer123: GRRR firefox just like quit on me now on internet exploder[quote]
[quote=!King_Amazon!]notices he's 3 inches shorter than her son and he's circumcised [quote]
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
D3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidencesD3V is convinced there are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences

D3V

Posted 2012-03-14, 08:12 PM in reply to D3V's post starting "Random OT: I've watched over 100 South..."
Jo Koys standup was pretty hilarious too.
Old
Profile PM WWW Search

kaos